Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 02:13   #136

Re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Dear teamBHPians
I知 planning the Pune - Ganapatipule trip in late October of this year, immediately after Diwali
Based in the numerous discussions in this thread that I have been actively following, I知 a little bit confused as to what route is suggested.

I知 hauling 6 adults and 1 kid in an Ertiga ZDi with barely 40K on the odo. None of the passengers are known to be motion sick. I知 open for your route suggestions, especially given the rains and the flood like situation that we have had. And yes the stay is in MTDC, Ganapatipule

Also, is any one aware whether scuba diving is still available in Ganapatipule.

Many thanks as always to my friends for your suggestions and recommendations

Cheers
Happy motoring and safe one too

Soumen
Old 8th September 2019, 07:24   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumenbanerjee View Post
I知 a little bit confused as to what route is suggested.
It's best you ask this question closer to your travel date. This monsoon has been brutal to the roads; hopefully, they'll start fixing the roads once the rains subside.

Quote:
Also, is any one aware whether scuba diving is still available in Ganapatipule.
Unless you want to do it just for the heck of it, I'd strongly recommend you not do it in Konkan. The water is too murky and the price is too cheap. It costs a few hundred rupees where proper scuba diving at established places goes up a few thousand. Only shows how many corners would be cut.
Old 26th September 2019, 16:03   #138
SRN

I am planning a trip from Ratnagiri to Pune on 1st of October. I intend to take the Ratnagiri - Shahuwadi - Kokrud - Karad - Pune route. Does anyone have the latest on the road condition. Also any suggestions on alternate route?

Thank you!
Old 24th October 2019, 09:34   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It's best you ask this question closer to your travel date. This monsoon has been brutal to the roads; hopefully, they'll start fixing the roads once the rains subside.

Unless you want to do it just for the heck of it, I'd strongly recommend you not do it in Konkan. The water is too murky and the price is too cheap. It costs a few hundred rupees where proper scuba diving at established places goes up a few thousand. Only shows how many corners would be cut.
Dear TeamBHPians
Now the date is closer to my pre-planned travel date. I am leaving for Ganapatipule from Pune on Monday i.e 28th Oct 2019.
Can someone please suggest a route, esp. in light of the recent Maharashtra rains.

Thanks
Soumen
Old 27th October 2019, 10:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumenbanerjee View Post
Dear TeamBHPians
Now the date is closer to my pre-planned travel date. I am leaving for Ganapatipule from Pune on Monday i.e 28th Oct 2019.
Can someone please suggest a route, esp. in light of the recent Maharashtra rains.

Thanks
Soumen
Kindly keep us updated on your experience. I intent to travel from Mumbai to Ganapatipule in this week.
Old 19th February 2020, 15:39   #141
BHPian

A route update - road widening work is in progress on Karad - Kokrud - Malkapur road, leaving the road in shambles. The road conditions easily add 30 min travel time for a 60km journey. I have heard that Karad - Peth Naka - Shirala - Malkapur road is in much better condition, and it adds only 15-17km to the journey.
sschivate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 22:24   #142
BHPian

we visited in the last week of december. Followed the default google route post Karad and the road was ok. Didnt face any issues. There are very good fish restaurants in Ratnagiri hence stopped there for lunch post which we headed to Ganapatipule. Ratnagiri-Ganpatipule road is beautiful. The default google route back from Ganapatipule to Pune was better than that to Ratnagiri.
Old 5th October 2020, 10:49   #143
BHPian

Friends, any recent updates on this route? A quick drive is in the plans, sometime soon...
Old 12th October 2020, 13:13   #144
BHPian

Route update:
- Based on experience in Feb 2020, avoided Karad-Kokrud-Malkapur route completely, took Karad - Peth Naka - Shirala - Bambawade - Malkapur road instead. The road quality was excellent, and added only 15km to the travel. Google maps worked quite well.
- The road between Malkapur and Amba is broken at every 500m interval, and it is broken really bad.
- Amba ghat is in reasonable shape, but a few broken patches till Dabhole

I could maintain average speeds of 70kmph on NH4, 55kmph from Peth Naka to Malkapur, and 35kmph from Malkapur to Ratnagiri.
sschivate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 06:40   #145
BHPian

Mumbai Ganpatiphule

Hi Folks
Am planning a three day break in early January to visit Ganpatiphile. Plan to drive from Powai. Grateful for advice & feedback on updated route condition and suggested intenarary. Prefer a safer & comfortable route option compared to a shorter /bad road /congested option.
Thanks in advance
Old 28th December 2020, 10:45   #146
BHPian

Route Update:
Went with tried-and-tested path through Peth Naka - Shirala - Bambawade last week. This piece of road is in excellent condition, with avg 60kmph easily possible.
Bambawade - Amba road is under repairs. The craters have been filled up, but the top coat is yet to be applied. I could see the work going on, slowly.
New potholes have come up on Sakharpa - Pali section, need cautious driving.
Pune - Karad is in better condition than Karad - Pune. This section is well-covered in multiple threads already.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 10:44   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Route Update:
Went with tried-and-tested path through Peth Naka - Shirala - Bambawade last week. This piece of road is in excellent condition, with avg 60kmph easily possible.
Bambawade - Amba road is under repairs. The craters have been filled up, but the top coat is yet to be applied. I could see the work going on, slowly.
New potholes have come up on Sakharpa - Pali section, need cautious driving.
Pune - Karad is in better condition than Karad - Pune. This section is well-covered in multiple threads already.
Hi, I am planning for a trip to Ganpatipule tomorrow from Pune.. Days 2,3,4,5.
Can you please advise on a decent stay near the beach with available parking for 2 cars. Some insights on charges will help a lot.
I am hoping that lockdown isn't going to start interim.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:20   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Can you please advise on a decent stay near the beach with available parking for 2 cars. Some insights on charges will help a lot.
I have heard from my colleague that MTDC resort is the best for Ganpatipule.
He had been there with Family, its close to the beach or you can say right on the beach. You can check online for the rates
Old 5th April 2021, 20:01   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Beach front villa is quite good. Parking is adequate. If you have the budget ask for the villas on the top, excellent view of the sea.
Food is not that great, everything else is good.

Pro Tip - since by the time you reach Ganapatipule it will be time for lunch, a better option is to take a detour to Ratnagiri city and have excellent sea food lunch. After that, drive down to your destination. Ratnagiri - Ganapatipule road is by the sea side so quite scenic in itself.

Don't forget to visit Jindal temple and lighthouse; an hour+ drive from Ganapatipule. Lighting inside Jindal temple during the evening is very beautiful and makes for a very serene atmosphere. Lighthouse closes by 4...I think.
kotirajendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredemon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Thank you all for the feedback. This time the venue had to change, but I would keep these in mind for the next visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks