Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 14:37   #31
BHPian

That's a useful post. Thanks pas2005.

I went to G'pule last year from Pune and followed Pune-M'shwar-Poladpur-Chiplun and onwards route. The road from M'shwar to Poladpur was terrible to say the least. That ghat after M'swhar till ~50km took more than 2 hrs. That update would be useful.

For my trip early next month, I want to cut-down on the travel time. And I guess Karad route would be good for me. Pune (5am) - Karad (7am to 730am) Break - G'pule 11.30 is the plan. Is it doable; I mean Karad to G'pule in 4 hrs?
Old 17th November 2009, 23:14   #32

Traveled on the Pune - Panchgani - Mahabaleswar - Poladpur route this weekend.
turn off at NH4 - Mahabaleswar was a good road.
Mahabaleswar - Pratapgad fort diversion -> 15 kms, good road.
Pratapgad fort diversion -> Poladpur (around 25 kms) -> bad to very bad road.
May be the recent rains and cyclone did a little more damage to the roads, lots of trees have fell in and around mahabaleswar.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:23   #33
BHPian

Which is better route considering heavy rains in last 15 days

I am going to Ganapatipule next month. Considering it has rained quite heavily in last 2 weeks, and road conditions after that road; which of the two options are better for me?

1. Pune - Karad - Pale Pachwad Phata - Kokrud - Malkapur - Amba Ghat - Sakharpa - Pali - Hatkhamba - Nivali - Tivrad Phata - Kotwade village

2. Pune - Umbraj - Malharpeth - Patan - Koyna Nagar - Kumbharli Ghat - Chiplun - Savarde - Sangameshwar - Nivali - Tivrad Phata - Kotwade village.

Last year's visit, I took the route 2 while coming back and it was a bliss. While going to that place I took; I took Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur route; and it was in terrible shape as slowdrive has commented.

So which of the two routes considering I have to be there before 1 pm. I am planning to start at 6am from Aundh with relaxed drive not more than 80kmph anywhere.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
1. Pune - Karad - Pale Pachwad Phata - Kokrud - Malkapur - Amba Ghat - Sakharpa - Pali - Hatkhamba - Nivali - Tivrad Phata - Kotwade village

2. Pune - Umbraj - Malharpeth - Patan - Koyna Nagar - Kumbharli Ghat - Chiplun - Savarde - Sangameshwar - Nivali - Tivrad Phata - Kotwade village.

Some of the members have quoted that route no 1 is better but i will always recommend route no 2.
Road between patan to kumbharli ghat[ particularly between koynanagar to kumbharli ghat] may be some what rough at some section.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post

Route decided while going to Ganpatipule was as follows:

Pune -> Karad -> Malkapur -> Pali -> Nivali Phata -> Ganpatipule.

From Karad we took Kale Phata towards Malkapur. This road is 80% in excellent condition and 20% in OK condition (few pot holes).
However, I would like to close this post by strongly recomending the route we took while going to Ganpatipule to all who are travelling from Pune. Its completely fatigue free and a fast one and easy to drive on NH4.
Another viable route to get to the Konkan, and even to Goa perhaps, from Pune. Any updates as to the current state of the road?
Old 17th December 2009, 00:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I am going to Ganapatipule next month. Considering it has rained quite heavily in last 2 weeks, and road conditions after that road; which of the two options are better for me?

Last year's visit, I took the route 2 while coming back and it was a bliss. While going to that place I took; I took Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur route; and it was in terrible shape as slowdrive has commented.

So which of the two routes considering I have to be there before 1 pm. I am planning to start at 6am from Aundh with relaxed drive not more than 80kmph anywhere.
Route 1 is excellent and roads are good. good scenic views too.
Route 2 however is faster and has fewer petrol pumps and eating points.
i suggest you go via 1 and come back via 2. i did route 1 while going and reached from Lohegaon to MTDC G'pule in 7 hrs with easy driving.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:26   #37

I am planning to travel from Pune to Mahabaleshwar on 2nd April and continue to Ganpatipule on 3rd. I would be returning back on the 4th from Ganpatipule to Pune.

Any suggestion on which route I should take?

Also advice on what I can cover in Ganpatipule are welcome.
Old 28th March 2010, 16:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulmuley View Post
I am planning to travel from Pune to Mahabaleshwar on 2nd April and continue to Ganpatipule on 3rd. I would be returning back on the 4th from Ganpatipule to Pune.
Any suggestion on which route I should take?
Also advice on what I can cover in Ganpatipule are welcome.
serious advise,
avoid to travel to ganapatipule after cooling off at mahabaleshwar.

summer time is worst to visit any beach and looking at the temp these days, visiting hill station and hot pot ganapatipule consecutively in two days will lead to sure ticket for fever and running nose.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 28th March 2010 at 16:47.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:03   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
serious advise,
avoid to travel to ganapatipule after cooling off at mahabaleshwar.

summer time is worst to visit any beach and looking at the temp these days, visiting hill station and hot pot ganapatipule consecutively in two days will lead to sure ticket for fever and running nose.
My friend had been to Mahabaleshwar last week and I was told that the weather in Mahabaleshwar is not very different from Pune ( where I stay) so I am hoping that weather should not be a problem.

Hoping for the best as the bookings are already done.

Any suggestion on the route and places?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulmuley View Post
Any suggestion on the route and places?
the route for mahaby to ganapatipule is ---
mahabaleshwar-ambenali ghat-poladpur-kashedi ghat-bharne naka[ khed]-parshuram ghat-chiplun-savarde-nivali ghat-nivali phata-ganapatipule.

do stop at lote parshuram for quick darshan and at derwan off sawarde 20 km after chiplun for quick look at shivshrushti.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:27   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
the route for mahaby to ganapatipule is ---
mahabaleshwar-ambenali ghat-poladpur-kashedi ghat-bharne naka[ khed]-parshuram ghat-chiplun-savarde-nivali ghat-nivali phata-ganapatipule.

do stop at lote parshuram for quick darshan and at derwan off sawarde 20 km after chiplun for quick look at shivshrushti.
Thanks Ashish for the suggestions will surely include it in the plan.

Such suggestion will surely make my travel more interesting and then it will not be only point A to point B.

Anything to visit near Ganpatipule. I have currently planned to visit the temple.
Old 16th April 2010, 17:12   #42

Travel Update-

As planned I completed my travel from 2nd to 4th April as follows -

Pune - Panchgani & Mahabaleshwar - Malgund & Ganapatipule -Pune

It was quite a pleasant holiday & drive.

Took the following route

On 2nd reached Mahabaleshwar via

Pune - Wai - Mahabaleshwar route - Good Roads

Next day i.e: 3rd April
Mahabaleshwar - Ambenali ghat - Poladpur - Khed - Chiplun - Savarde - Nivali ghat - Nivali phata - Ganapatipule - Malgund (4 km ahead of Ganpatipule).

Visted - Shivshrushti as suggested by Ashish. It was well worth the diversion

Thank you Ashish for the advice.

Roads are mostly good throughout except some bad stretches in the Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur section.

Have to mention : Malgund is one of the BEST beaches I have visited .

The atmosphere was quite cool considering the season.

On the way back on 4th

Malgund - Ganapatipule - Nivali phata - Savarde - Chiplun - Kumbharli Ghat - Koyna Nagar - Patan - Malharpeth - Umbraj - Pune.

Road work was in progress in some stretches between Chiplun and Malharpeth.

It was my first trip after being a member in team-bhp and with all the advice it was much easier to plan.

- Atul.
Old 19th August 2010, 15:20   #43
BHPian

How is the weather in Ganpatipule at this time. Plan to visit in last week of this month.

Which is the best road from pune to Ganpatipule.
Plz suggest a route with a stress free driving, without ghat (Some personal issue).
Old 19th August 2010, 15:23   #44
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Kalinga.
Drive from Pune to Kolhapur.
Then kolhapur to Ganapatipule through Amba ghats. Amba ghats are fantastic and completely stress free. You don't get the feeling of driving on the ghats at all.

This route will take you 1 - 2 hours more than the other routes. But the Amba ghats are very good and won't give you the feeling of driving in ghats.

Other routes you can take are Mahaby - Poladpur - NH17 to Ganapatiphule and E-way - Khopoli exit - Pali - NH17 - Ganapatiphule.

I'd take the Mahaby route.

Last edited by MX6 : 19th August 2010 at 15:30.
Old 20th August 2010, 09:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Which is the best road from pune to Ganpatipule.
Plz suggest a route with a stress free driving, without ghat (Some personal issue).
As far as best route concerned, its pune-nh4-satara-umbraj-right turn-malharpet-patan-helwak-kumbharli ghat-chiplun-left turn-nh17-sangmeshwar-nivali ghat-nivali phata-right turn-ganapatipule.

There is no route without any ghat from pune to ganapatipule.
By any route, you will pass through at least two ghat section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks