Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 08:59   #151
MaG
BHPian

Re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Hello BHP'ians,

I'm going to Ganpatipule tomorrow with family from Pune. I've an infant in the car. Which route do you suggest to take? Amba Ghat, Umbraz ghat or Tamhini ghat?

Car is Harrier XZA.
Old 18th November 2021, 09:47   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
I'm going to Ganpatipule tomorrow with family from Pune. I've an infant in the car. Which route do you suggest to take? Amba Ghat, Umbraz ghat or Tamhini ghat?
For going to Ganpatipule, Amba ghat is the most logical option, but I have no idea about the latest route conditions.

For a recent update about Kumbharli ghat, refer the post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5183682 (Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries)
Old 18th November 2021, 19:52   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHP'ians,

Car is Harrier XZA.
I suggest you ask the resort manager. Post monsoons, they will be able to provide the best update. Advice applies to all of coastal MH. They always recommend routes that google doesnt suggest.
Old 21st November 2021, 10:05   #154
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
For going to Ganpatipule, Amba ghat is the most logical option, but I have no idea about the latest route conditions.

For a recent update about Kumbharli ghat, refer the post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5183682 (Pune - Guhagar : Route Queries)

I took the Ambe Ghat route and it is fantastic. Reached Ganpatipule in about 6.5 hours with 4 small breaks as I've a 5 month infant. My child slept beautifully for most part of the trip, thanks to the roads. I started from Balewadi, Pune at 6:20am and was at Ganpatipule resort at 1pm.
MaG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 16:37   #155

Quote:
I took the Ambe Ghat route and it is fantastic. Reached Ganpatipule in about 6.5 hours with 4 small breaks as I've a 5 month infant. My child slept beautifully for most part of the trip, thanks to the roads. I started from Balewadi, Pune at 6:20am and was at Ganpatipule resort at 1pm.
Any recommendations on places where you took the breaks, especially for breakfast?
Old 24th November 2021, 17:00   #156
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantghangurde View Post
Any recommendations on places where you took the breaks, especially for breakfast?
We chose McDonald's as it had been long time since we had been to McDonald's . However, you can try Hotel Virangula which is located after Khambatki ghat for breakfast. Lunch we had at Ganpatipule itself.
Old 24th November 2021, 20:07   #157
BHPian

A very good option for lunch is to take a slight detour and to have it in Ratnagiri. Excellent sea food restaurants. I had it at Masala Kitchen on Mandvi beach and thoroughly enjoyed it. Post lunch it was a leisurely drive along the sea coast to Ganpatipule.
kotirajendra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:20   #158
BHPian

Route update: Karad - Kokrud - Malkapur road is newly laid, 2-lanes plus shoulder, and is a pleasure to drive. Easily cut down 15-20 min of drive time between Karad and Malkapur.

Amba ghat - About 6-7km road between Amba and Murshi is riddled with deep potholes. Additionally, some part of the road in ghat is washed away, and repairs are still in progress. So ghat section is closed for buses, trucks and other heavy vehicles. This means that the traffic on Malkapur - Pali stretch remains extremely sparse.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 20:04   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Route update: Karad - Kokrud - Malkapur road is newly laid, 2-lanes plus shoulder, and is a pleasure to drive. Easily cut down 15-20 min of drive time between Karad and Malkapur.

Amba ghat - About 6-7km road between Amba and Murshi is riddled with deep potholes. Additionally, some part of the road in ghat is washed away, and repairs are still in progress. So ghat section is closed for buses, trucks and other heavy vehicles. This means that the traffic on Malkapur - Pali stretch remains extremely sparse.
As of March first week, Amba ghat road conditions have improved, all potholes are covered now. No heavy vehicles allowed yet, and no ST buses are plying either.
sschivate is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 14:00   #160
BHPian

Hello,

i will be driving from Dapoli to Bangalore next week Please suggest Abma ghat vs Kumbharli ghat to reach NH48 based on current conditions.

Thank you
Old 15th May 2022, 14:48   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Hello,

i will be driving from Dapoli to Bangalore next week Please suggest Abma ghat vs Kumbharli ghat to reach NH48 based on current conditions.

Thank you
I would recommend Amba ghat any day. It would be shorter for you, and road surface is much better.

Route Update:
Completed a Pune-Ratnagiri-Pune drive yesterday. Amba ghat is now open for heavy vehicles, even though the road work is still going on. It means a slow climb once you are stuck behind a loaded truck. The road surface is somewhat bumpy in the Pali - Amba section, but it does not slow down the progress significantly.
sschivate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 13:09   #162
BHPian

Thank you for your inputs. I drove from Dapoli - Khed - Chiplun - Koynanagar - Patan - Karad and onwards to Bangalore yesterday.

The Chiplun to start of Kumbharli ghat road is in good condition. The ghat section is in great condition with very few trucks seen. Most of Koynagar to Karad has been concretized but with poor finishing. There are few sections where the tar road meets the concrete parts which are unfinished. Overall the drive was without any issues.

Khed - Chiplun road has multiple areas of ongoing work with many flat sections complete with few diversions. The Parshuram ghat section is essentially without any road although lots of work seems to be going on. This ghat is closed from 12pm to 6pm everyday for construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
I would recommend Amba ghat any day. It would be shorter for you, and road surface is much better.

Route Update:
Completed a Pune-Ratnagiri-Pune drive yesterday. Amba ghat is now open for heavy vehicles, even though the road work is still going on. It means a slow climb once you are stuck behind a loaded truck. The road surface is somewhat bumpy in the Pali - Amba section, but it does not slow down the progress significantly.
litesaber is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 18:23   #163

I drove from Pune to Ganpatipule on 21-May via Karad-Amba Ghat-Pali-Hathkhamba-Ganpatipule. The Amba Ghat section has a overall a very good road and did not face any issues.
TorqTSN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 16:53   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqTSN View Post
I drove from Pune to Ganpatipule on 21-May via Karad-Amba Ghat-Pali-Hathkhamba-Ganpatipule. The Amba Ghat section has a overall a very good road and did not face any issues.
I am planning to goto Ganpati pule in mid November, Any latest update on road conditions, specially after the rainy season.
Old 26th November 2022, 23:15   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
I am planning to goto Ganpati pule in mid November, Any latest update on road conditions, specially after the rainy season.
We went to Ganpatipule last weekend.
We took Amba ghat route as suggested on the forum recently. Roads are mostly good except for few bad patches, if you are following a car on ghats, you can guess the bad patches beforehand.

It took us 7 hours to reach our resort from Pune. We started at around 6:45 in the morning.

Here are few pics of Sun, Sand and Sea from our trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries-img2452.jpg  

Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries-img2489_.jpg  

Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries-img2384.jpg  

Last edited by INJAXN : 26th November 2022 at 23:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks