Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 09:47   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
How is the weather in Ganpatipule at this time. Plan to visit in last week of this month.

Which is the best road from pune to Ganpatipule.
Plz suggest a route with a stress free driving, without ghat (Some personal issue).
MX6 has suggested the easiest ghat to traverse.
The weather in Ganpatiphule will be cloudy and rainy, with some periods of bright sun. It should be very pretty, but I think the beach will be a wash-out due to the monsoon. Also it's highly dangerous to venture into the sea until October, when the monsoon ends.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:06   #47
BHPian

Ganapatipule beach is in any case one of the dangerous places to swim in, monsoon or not. but weather should be nice enough, unless we have another batch of heavy rain hitting the coast like it did a couple of days ago
Old 19th April 2011, 10:09   #48
BHPian

re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Hello Friends,

I am planning a trip to Ganapatipule this weekend from Pune.

Planning to take this route:

Pune - Karad - Pale Pachwad Phata - Kokrud - Malkapur - Amba Ghat - Sakharpa - Pali - Hatkhamba - Nivali - Ganapatipule

Has anyone been through this route lately? How are the road conditions now? Google map says its around 350 kms...it will take 6-7 hrs i guess.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hello Friends,

Pune - Karad - Pale Pachwad Phata - Kokrud - Malkapur - Amba Ghat - Sakharpa - Pali - Hatkhamba - Nivali - Ganapatipule

Has anyone been through this route lately? How are the road conditions now? Google map says its around 350 kms...it will take 6-7 hrs i guess.
The roads are kind of OK . Assuming you would be driving a car @ sedate speeds (80ish) you would be able to make it only in 8+ hrs . The roads are excellent in patches , hence its not a constant speed drive .

Advised to take enough water with you as the temp on this road in summers feels to be on a higher side .
Old 19th April 2011, 10:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
The roads are kind of OK . Assuming you would be driving a car @ sedate speeds (80ish) you would be able to make it only in 8+ hrs . The roads are excellent in patches , hence its not a constant speed drive .

Advised to take enough water with you as the temp on this road in summers feels to be on a higher side .
Is this this best route to take??
Old 19th April 2011, 10:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Is this this best route to take??
Well nothing wrong with the route but I'ld prefer the route mentioned below (tried and tested) many a times :

Pune - Bhor Ghat - Mahad- Khed - Chiplun - Savarde - Ratna Giri / Ganpati Pule .

It just includes a couple of State Highways which are in good condition . Just that it would be longer by a few kms (30 odd ) .

Happy and Safe Motoring !!
Old 19th April 2011, 12:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Route is fine....

Just one point:
Till Karad you will get 3 toll booths - with increased traffic especially on weekends, do consider that you might have to spend minimum 20-35 min atleast at the first two booths each. You'll meet many morons there who find pride in breaking the queues...The one hear Karad MIDC is usually not so crowded.
After Karad, en-route you can also have a short stop @ Koyna Dam - its refreshing
Old 19th April 2011, 14:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Well nothing wrong with the route but I'ld prefer the route mentioned below (tried and tested) many a times :

Pune - Bhor Ghat - Mahad- Khed - Chiplun - Savarde - Ratna Giri / Ganpati Pule .

It just includes a couple of State Highways which are in good condition . Just that it would be longer by a few kms (30 odd ) .

Happy and Safe Motoring !!
Thanks guys...i plan to take Amba ghat while going and Bhor ghat while returning...This will give a feel of both the routes!!
Old 19th April 2011, 14:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys...i plan to take Amba ghat while going and Bhor ghat while returning...This will give a feel of both the routes!!
Do post your route experience , would serve as instant information for others planning the travel , with the monsoons approaching and pre monsson rains round the corner

Happy Motoring !!

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 19th April 2011 at 14:54.
Old 19th April 2011, 15:32   #55
BHPian

View my travelogue for Ganpatipule with detail route explanined at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ing-kokan.html
Old 26th April 2011, 15:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Do post your route experience , would serve as instant information for others planning the travel , with the monsoons approaching and pre monsson rains round the corner

Happy Motoring !!
Hello Friends,

I am back from the weekend trip to Ganapatipule. It was an excellent trip!!

Took the Umbraj-KoynaNagar-Chiplun path, 335 kms. Needed 7 hrs to reach Ganapatipule, including the breakfast and lunch halts. Road is in excellent condition.

On way back, took the Amba ghat - Malkapur - Karad highway. This was even better. Raods were excellent, lesser distance (325 kms) and reached Pune faster. I would recommend this route.

Thanks..

Last edited by pamishra : 26th April 2011 at 15:35.
Old 15th May 2011, 10:53   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

I am back from the weekend trip to Ganapatipule. It was an excellent trip!!

Took the Umbraj-KoynaNagar-Chiplun path, 335 kms. Needed 7 hrs to reach Ganapatipule, including the breakfast and lunch halts. Road is in excellent condition.

On way back, took the Amba ghat - Malkapur - Karad highway. This was even better. Raods were excellent, lesser distance (325 kms) and reached Pune faster. I would recommend this route.

Thanks..
pamishra, please share your pictures and where did you stay. Tell us what all you covered and how is the weather there ? I am planning to visit the place in May end... Will it be worth visiting during that time ?
Old 4th January 2012, 13:52   #58
BHPian

Planning a trip to Ganapatipule this republic day weekend.
Going through the posts in this thread the best route seems to be the Pune --Karad --Malkapur -- Ambaghat -- nivali phata -- ganapatipule

Has any one done this route recently ? Is this still a good route?

I am also planning to stay at Welcome to Atithi Parinay ? a weekend getaway resort in Kotawade near Ratnagiri, few hours from Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Goa | About atithiparinay in ratanagiri | Resort near Ganpatipule
Trip advisor reviews are excellent for this resort. Let me know your experience.
Old 4th January 2012, 15:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Has any one done this route recently ? Is this still a good route?

Please go through ajay satpute's ''2011 year end konkan trip'' travelogue.
you will find latest road condition update here.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:07   #60
BHPian

Anybody traveled recently on Karad Malkapur route?

What is the condition? How safe is it to travel after dark?

Last edited by CANPUSH : 22nd May 2012 at 10:08. Reason: spelling error while typing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks