Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 20:41   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks guys for the feedback. I have passed this to my sister who is planning for a trip during May 1st week.
Here is one more: See this TL.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ays-bliss.html
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 16:30   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
It takes an additional two hours to go from Munnar to Camp Noel. You need to drive up to Top Station. The folks from Camp Noel will then pick you up in a 4*4 Bolero and take you to Camp Noel. It is a 45 minute ride on a bumpy, breathtakingly beautiful track.
I will be staying in Camp Noel next week. I called them up to find out about the route to reach the resort. They are saying that I can drive my Honda City all the way to the resort. Would you recommend me driving the sedan from Top station to camp noel or should I insist that they pick me up from Top Station? In that case, is it safe to leave the car in Top Station overnight? Appreciate your response.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:11   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
I will be staying in Camp Noel next week. I called them up to find out about the route to reach the resort. They are saying that I can drive my Honda City all the way to the resort. Would you recommend me driving the sedan from Top station to camp noel or should I insist that they pick me up from Top Station? In that case, is it safe to leave the car in Top Station overnight? Appreciate your response.
Its a public place. How do you get a secure parking for the night? I don't think that would be possible. Better check with them on this aspect.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:42   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
That's interesting. I went there a couple of years ago and it was impossible to drive a car to the resort. Lots of mud, ruts and stones on the road. You would need a 4*4. Have they constructed a new road or tarred the old one? You should confirm that the road has improved.

There are some shops in Top Station and a couple of temporary parking slots there. The car should be fairly safe there.

Enjoy your vacation.
Old 31st May 2013, 01:21   #95
BHPian

Hello

I will be visiting Munnar and Vagamon in the first week of June. I am planning to stay at Green Meadows in Vagamon and Aranyaka home stay in Munnar. We are three guys and we dont want anything too lavish but peace and serenity and beautiful location with maximum greenery. Kindly suggest if the places I have selected would satisfy the criteria.

Also suggest if there is a better place at a budget.

We also plan to visit Varkala for a day and may be spend a day. How is the place? is it worth a day or should we rather relax at Vagamon?

Regards
Old 24th August 2013, 23:53   #96
BHPian

Looking for a decent tree house accommodation in Munnar, for stay sometime in November. Budget is about Rs.5k per night. Any recommendation from fellow Bhpians?
Old 25th October 2013, 16:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

I will be visiting Munnar and Vagamon in the first week of June. I am planning to stay at Green Meadows in Vagamon and Aranyaka home stay in Munnar. We are three guys and we dont want anything too lavish but peace and serenity and beautiful location with maximum greenery. Kindly suggest if the places I have selected would satisfy the criteria.

We also plan to visit Varkala for a day and may be spend a day. How is the place? is it worth a day or should we rather relax at Vagamon?

Regards
Hey torque18,
Sorry to quote an old post of yours. I'm planning a Munnar trip with my wife and thought of staying in Aranyaka home stay (Nila 1/2) for 2 nights. Since you also had plans of staying there, thought of inquiring about the place with you. How safe is the place for a couple? We are on a budget so don't want to spend too much.
Old 26th October 2013, 02:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hey torque18,
Sorry to quote an old post of yours. I'm planning a Munnar trip with my wife and thought of staying in Aranyaka home stay (Nila 1/2) for 2 nights. Since you also had plans of staying there, thought of inquiring about the place with you. How safe is the place for a couple? We are on a budget so don't want to spend too much.
Hi

Yes We did have plans to stay there but we could'nt get rooms. We kept insisting and were finally shown a very small room which we didnt like much. Of course, that was not their regular room. The regular rooms appeared to be quite spacious from the outside and the best part is that they are all independent. You wont think its a hotel. We stayed for one night and their dining facilities are not very good. You have to order beforehand (an hour or may be even before) as they prepare everything fresh and serve one family at a time. So in case you get late or forget, you are in for a frustrating time
The resort itself is safe and is usually crowded. It isn't in a deserted location either. Even though slightly out of the main town but there are other hotels around and also Tata's tea unit. The location, as you would expect, is quite good and the place is serene.

But that's that! Start our second day, and we were in a hurry to move to a better hotel. Somebody had informed us about KDHP's guest house. Checked about its availability and got lucky! Drove to the place after asking for directions and we were sold on it. Exactly what we were looking for. An accommodation away from town and at some more height from the town, amidst the tea estates, quite and serene, private cook to cook you whatever you ask for (including maggi of the kind you want! ), huge spacius rooms with a tinge of old world charm. Absolutely amazing!
However, we were three guys so there were no safety issues. But I am not sure if I would advise this place to a couple. Firstly, its a bit far from the town and at an isolated location (though at one of the best locations possible for stay) with conveyance not available readily. If you have your vehicle, you can manage otherwise the staff at the guest house calls for an auto from the town. Secondly, not many people are aware of it as its not advertised so its unlikely that you will find other people. And in any case, they just have 3-4 rooms. So at times, it used to be just the three of us and the three member team looking after the guest house (humble people though). During our stay, we had a group of BBC people staying as well but they only came back at night. Thirdly, the price was slightly on the higher side I feel with 5k per day. Though Aranyaka's cottages are also in the similar price range I suppose.

I guess Aranyaka would be a better option for you unless you are not the only couple going in which case you can consider KDHP also.

Regards

Last edited by torque18 : 26th October 2013 at 02:05.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 22:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

I guess Aranyaka would be a better option for you unless you are not the only couple going in which case you can consider KDHP also.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hey torque, thank you very much. Booked the Aranyaka Home stay.
Hello there,

We, a family of four, too are planning a Munnar trip.

Can you please share your impressions of Aranyaka?

Distance from town centre, dining, parking, view rates etc.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdriveblusky View Post
Just a general response to this thread, in case it helps someone planning a trip to munnar- we stayed in a hotel called silver tips and I would recommend it. Its close to the town, yet located in quiet surroundings, has good views and is very clean. I also got a decent deal when I booked through one of the online travel websites.
Can you please share some info about Hotel Silver Tips.

Thanks.

Last edited by skdking : 16th February 2014 at 22:24.
Old 19th February 2014, 23:31   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello there,

Thanks in advance.

Can you please share some info about Hotel Silver Tips.

Thanks.
Aranyaka is around 5km away from munnar town. It's a good thing because munnar is a very crowded and congested place. I suggest you to look for a place away from town. We stayed at the nila home stay category room. It's an out house that's a few steps away from the main higher category rooms. Though the room was very small, it was squeaky clean and had very good mattress and blankets. But it would be very small for 4. So advice you to choose one of the four bigger rooms. For me, view from the room didn't really matter since we used to come back to the room only after dark for sleeping.
Normally parking is near the reception which is quite a steep walk down from the rooms. But since we stayed at the outhouse, we got to park our car right next to our door which was a big plus. Dining was surprisingly good. We had only phulkas with veg curry but it was very tasty.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 23:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello there,

Not sure if you were looking for any other option other than the one listed above but if you have a decent budget then would recommend Siena Village.

The place is really beautiful around 20kms away from Munnar town and we loved the stay there a few years back. Great food and rates around 5k plus. You can check out their website if interested - http://www.thesienavillage.com/index.php
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 16:09   #102
BHPian

a good place to stay in munnar

I'm planning for a roadtrip in mid of june to Munnar. It would be really helpful if you can let me know of pointers towards accomodation.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel
Old 26th May 2014, 16:28   #103
Senior - BHPian

Re: a good place to stay in munnar

We stayed at Devonshire Greens. Good place, fairly new and a very friendly staff.
Old 26th May 2014, 16:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

I stayed at sterling resorts in March and they have a beautiful property. Right next door is club mahindra and they too seem to have a good property. However, the food is VERY costly at sterling and not worth the money unless you go for a buffet.

I also found another resort close by, Ayur county resorts and I liked this place too. Reasonable cost for food, their package includes breakfast, which is good.
Old 26th May 2014, 16:51   #105

Almost 3.5 years back I had stayed at Blackberry Hills resort, its almost 7 to 8kms from Munnar town however the view from several rooms is amazing and again breakfast and dinner was included in their package. Breakfast is buffet and dinner is ala carte, also the place has got good service.
I wouldn't suggest this place if you have elders joining you on this trip because the path to reach certain rooms is very steep.
Here's the url www.blackberryresorts.com, hope you enjoy your trip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks