Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2014, 20:21   #106
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: a good place to stay in munnar

We stayed at Clouds Valley in Munnar town couple years ago and property was new and very good, Food was good too. It's at the edge of Munnar town near the Stadium & KSRTC Bus Stand.
Old 26th May 2014, 21:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

Had stayed at Tall Trees, Munnar and enjoyed every bit of it. It would be an ideal resort for a nature and adventure lover, though the steep terrain would be a bit difficult for the elderly.

There is a similar thread doing the rounds; may be you can get more info from it?
Old 26th May 2014, 21:25   #108

Try Westwood riverside. Its right next to a brook/ river and amazingly calm. Go for the executive room!
Old 28th May 2014, 18:56   #109
BHPian

Re: Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay

Sterling resorts is one of the best stays in Munnar,it is 20kms away from the town towards tekkady road.The resort is probably one of the best from the stables of Sterling resorts.The estate is lovely with nice buildings spread out with easy access.The staff at the resort is very friendly,the speed of service is commendable.The resort provides ample avenues for the guests to enjoy their stay.Food served is very delicious and of sufficient variety.Rooms are very spacious and very well maintained.It was good stay for us.

On my second visit,We had a very bad experience at Ayur County/Chancellor restorts,it looks astonishing from outside and well maintained because of which we gave a try as we had already travelled 18 plus kms away from munnar town towards tekkady and didnt have patience to check rooms,we just booked it seeing the buildings but later we realised rooms were pathetic,toliets were unclean,we found bed bugs on blankets,dusty wardrobe and used tea cups by last visitors which was not picked up yet from portico.Power was shut down at night,nobody turned up from room service after calling multiple times and we woke up at daybreak.
Overall it's a beautiful property with amazing views all around but standards need to be improved.
Karthik Gullu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 14:24   #110

The best value for money in Munnar has to be the high range club. Been staying there for many years. Though a club, it is given to tourists also, but have to strictly follow club rules. Their contact number is 04865230253
Old 29th May 2014, 15:17   #111
BHPian

Try Wild Elephant Eco Resort. It is not near the town and is way off the track. The remote location has its own advantages of having a calm holiday. The location will blow you away. Went there with my office team last year and had a very good time. There is a waterfalls few minutes walk away from the resort.

Here is the link http://www.wildelephant.in
Old 1st June 2014, 12:33   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
I'm planning for a roadtrip in mid of june to Munnar. It would be really helpful if you can let me know of pointers towards accomodation.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel
Gabriel,

You should try the high range club. 04865230253. Ask for cottage number 4 the best. It is a club so club rules apply. But great place for a relaxed stay at great value.
Itty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 13:23   #113
BHPian

Stayed at Club Mahindra, Munnar. The Property is well maintained and the service is good. Couple of years back, we'd a good view of the Lake, but now the view is blocked by resorts which have sprung around the Lake.

@Karthik Gullu - Sterling Resorts, is right next to Club Mahindra. Some 5 years back, it was completely renovated, I heard from others also, that they've improved a lot.

@Gabrielthomas - Apart from these 2 resorts, there are somewhere in between 50-70 other resorts in the same area. This area is around 21-22 kms from the City Centre. But you've lot of choice. To enjoy peace & tranquility, it's very good.

Also, on the way between Munnar & Tekkady, there are lot of Resorts in between.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 10:45   #114
BHPian

Hi, Planning to drive down to Munnar and Thekkady during the Ghandhi Jayanthi Weekend (02 - 06 October). We are planning for a 4 night stay with a budget of 3/3.5K per night, inclusive of breakfast.
Can someone help with some good hotel / resort details?

I would prefer the route : Bangalore - Salem - Dindigul - PeriyaKulam - Body - Munnar - Thekkady.

Many Tnx
Old 14th September 2014, 19:38   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyRider View Post
Hi, Planning to drive down to Munnar and Thekkady during the Ghandhi Jayanthi Weekend (02 - 06 October). We are planning for a 4 night stay with a budget of 3/3.5K per night, inclusive of breakfast.
Can someone help with some good hotel / resort details?

I would prefer the route : Bangalore - Salem - Dindigul - PeriyaKulam - Body - Munnar - Thekkady.

Many Tnx
We had a wonderful stay at Glenmore Resorts earlier this year. The approach road to the resort is quite steep. They will help you either with your car or the 4X4 jeeps they have. Peaceful, nestled in the valley with awesome views. We are vegetarians and the food served was very good. Room service is prompt. Vineel is the owner and personally takes care of the guests. He has a very friendly and helpful staff. It should fit in your budget as well. Overall, had a very pleasant experience and definitely recommend them.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:16   #116
BHPian

Hi Prashkul, Thankyou for the valuable suggestion! If you can upload some pictures that will be really nice. I looked up reviews at TripAdvisor.com but don't trust them completely. Room Tariff very well fit in my budget and would like to proceed.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:35   #117
BHPian

Hi JohnyRider,

Here are some pics from my visit.

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07641.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07646.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07647.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07648.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07650.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07767.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07769.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07770.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07771.jpg

I meant to write a review on TripAdvisor as well as a travelogue here, but just couldn't manage with all the work after that wonderful trip. From my personal experience, I can say that you can trust all the positive reviews.

IIRC, I had booked thru Hotels.com or some other site and got a better price than their own site. Breakfast was included in the tariff. Lunch and dinner can be ordered or enjoyed in their dining hall. We only tried North-Indian Veg dishes and they were all good, except that the chef was a little generous with ginger - not sure if it is Kerala style, but we didn't mind.

HTH

Couple more pics...

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07768.jpg

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-dsc07772.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2014 at 20:49. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

I am planning my first trip to Kerela with family during the peak season - December last week.

I checked rates for Glenmore on their website and for that week, it seems the rates would be Rs. 3500 + 1000 = Rs. 4500.

Anyway, I am looking for something more economical considering we might require two rooms and spend a couple of nights.
Also, if someone could help me plan a trip spanning 5 days covering Munnar, Allepy and Thekkady, it would be really helpful.
Old 25th September 2014, 12:46   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am planning my first trip to Kerela with family during the peak season - December last week.

I checked rates for Glenmore on their website and for that week, it seems the rates would be Rs. 3500 + 1000 = Rs. 4500.

Anyway, I am looking for something more economical considering we might require two rooms and spend a couple of nights.
Also, if someone could help me plan a trip spanning 5 days covering Munnar, Allepy and Thekkady, it would be really helpful.
Check out Aranyaka resorts - they have a home stay kind of accommodation that is a much cheaper, VFM option

Munnar - 2 nights/3 days, Thekkady - overnighter for one boat ride. Alleppey : depends on how much you like to sit and just watch the backwaters. Ideally on day ride in the house boat at the maximum, if you ask me
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a 3 night stay in Munnar for some sightseeing and relaxation in 3 weeks time.
We have stayed at the Tall Trees Resort many years ago and we were very impressed.
Their prices have gone up quite a bit though.
I was looking at The Fog Resort. Reviews on TripAdvisor are good.
Cost on travel websites are close to 5000 Rs. which is in my budget.
Its fairly new.
Any other good suggestions (especially ones with nice views and some space for my 4-year old son to run around).
The Fog has a swimming pool and kids play area too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks