Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:20   #121
BHPian

Found quite a few homestay listings in the below site - http://www.holidayrentals.co.in/acco...la/Munnar.html

I have not tried any of the homestays myself yet, posting here in case somebody finds this helpful.
Old 28th March 2015, 16:57   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay

Benji -
Not sure if this reply is a bit late and you have already made your bookings.

I had stayed at Blackberry Resorts a few years back - and liked it. I was planning to visit Munnar again, during the Good friday/Easter Monday long weekend, and i just now booked at Munnar Tea County Resort ( MTCR ). The reviews in Tripadvisor are good, and from the looks of it, seems to be a new property. They have those cottages, what they call Villas, and upto 4 people can stay in one, avoiding to book two rooms if there are 4 in a trip. I'll come back and write back on the experience with this place. Meawhile, if any BHP'ians have stayed at MTCR please do share how it was.
Old 1st April 2015, 15:38   #123
BHPian

Not in response to any specific query, but just putting up the info for those planning to visit Munnar.
Surprised to see no mention of Deshadan Mountain Resort here on this thread.
Visited Munnar and stayed at this resort, a few years back. The room we chose was the Valley View room and what a VIEW it was - mindblowing .
Attaching a couple of shots below.
The view of the balcony from inside the room and the view from the balcony.
Perfect place to lazily sit through out the day and keep seeping endless cups of coffee.
Attached Thumbnails
Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-img_3037.jpg  

Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-img_3000.jpg  

9tMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 07:59   #124
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I intend to visit Munnar with my family( wife + 2 kids) in the 2nd week of May. I have shortlisted Bellmount Resorts.

Can you provide your suggestion on this place in terms of room service, tariff, room quality etc..
Old 17th April 2015, 10:32   #125
Senior - BHPian

Also has anyone stayed in Greenview Holiday Inn in Munnar. If so kindly provide feedback. As mentioned in my earlier post, I will be accompanied by my wife and 2 kids.
Old 5th September 2015, 20:23   #126
BHPian

Hello,

I am planning to visit Munnar in the first week of October. My budget is 3-4K per night at the max. Any recommendations please? Do not want to stay too far away from the Munnar town. Anything within 10 kms radius should be okay.
Old 5th September 2015, 23:04   #127
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I am planning to visit Munnar in the first week of October. My budget is 3-4K per night at the max. Any recommendations please? Do not want to stay too far away from the Munnar town. Anything within 10 kms radius should be okay.
Try Clouds Valley it is close to town near the KSRTC bus stand and Munnar stadium. We stayed there 3 years ago and it was excellent.
I've also heard KTDC's Tea County is very good, check that as well.

Last edited by NPV : 5th September 2015 at 23:05.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 08:08   #128
Senior - BHPian

I managed to get a great deal to stay at Tall Trees Resort for the end of this month. I booked via clear trip and confirmed with Tall Trees about the booking.
My trip planned in April, 2015 got cancelled as my father became sick. I lost a fair amount of money on non-refundable payments but hope this makes up.
We stayed there for our honeymoon 8 years ago and were keen on staying there!

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 6th September 2015 at 08:19.
Old 4th August 2016, 19:56   #129
BHPian

We are 4 adults planning a trip to Munnar in the first week of October. Any suggestions for budget hotels in Munnar town? First it was decided that me and my wife would make this trip. But due to sudden demise of my father in law my mother in law went into depression. And now it is decided that she along with my sister in law will also join the trip. Hence looking for budget hotels as there will be 4 instead of 2. Any suggestions please?
Old 5th August 2016, 09:11   #130
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
We are 4 adults planning a trip to Munnar in the first week of October. Any suggestions for budget hotels in Munnar town?
Look at some of the suggestions here on this thread like:
-Clouds Valley (I've stayed here and it's was a very nice place), located at the edge of the town, easy access to the town
-Deshadan Resort
-Aranyaka Resorts
-KTDC Tea County
-Seagrace cottage - link
However, I'm not sure if these will fit the budget that you're looking at though.

*Also, the SN Sujatha Inn nearby to Clouds Valley had a north indian/rajasthani thali restaurant and I think they also run a budget hotel, do check that as well.

Do check TripAdvisor as well, I'm sure there are many more at various budgets.

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2016 at 09:13.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 17:39   #131
BHPian

Updating the staying experience at Glenmore, Munnar on a three day visit during June 2015.

A very peaceful property with 7 rooms in the edge of a cardamom plantation.

Room: The room I booked ‘valley view’ has a living room area apart from bed room, the bedroom can be a bit bigger. The attached bathroom was neat with all bathing amenities provided. Hot water line is connected to both the wash basin and to the shower. Sitting in their verandah during evening and early morning is mesmerizing. Make sure you switch off the lights in the verandah if you are sitting outside and that the door to the room is closed. Or else variety of insects can become your companion during sleep. No complaints here as those are inevitable in a tropical hilly region like Munnar.

Food: Breakfast was good and hot which comes as a compliment. Driving during the late evening with road covered with mist can be dangerous especially in an unknown terrain, hence you will have to plan sight-seeing a bit early and you will end up having the dinner at the resort itself. Dinner was made as per order and is delivered in the room, was fresh and tasty. You can even have the dinner at their restaurant area - your wish.
Staff & service: Subeesh, Arun, Ratheesh were all very cordial and helpful. They were ever willing to cater to your needs.

Location: The resort is 5 km before Munnar if you care coming from Kochi. If you are chosing this resort, you have to cross Munnar town to go to the most popular tourist routes - Top station, Thekkady or Coimbatore directions.
Cardamom plantation: As the property is on the edge of a big estate, you have the option to trek down to the valley. There are streams in the property and as per the staff, if you walk 2 kms down you will find a small waterfall too. I did not venture till there, but stopped at a stream not so far from the resort. Beautiful views of mountains and valleys keeps you cool. One should be aware about the leeches which sucks your blood in damp areas near streams. Take advice from the staff on how to manage the leeches before starting a trek.

Approach road to the resort: It is around 600 metres from the main road. I enjoyed every moment while driving thrice down to the resort in my beloved AStar. But, a word of caution. It is not for everyone; though they have the entire stretch concreted, it is single lane, very steep at places and more over the twists and turns are really tricky. If any vehicle comes from opposite, it can become scary. The resort staff were very helpful and they will help you to take your vehicle to the main road or down to resort any time. I drove myself to the main road once with resort staff seated beside me. He directed me about the speed to maintain, spots where tyre rotates etc. without which I would not have made it. But that was an experience which made my day. Many reviewers have found it to be a drawback; some even found it risky to travel up / down. But I found it as an adventure.

Overall, very good experience, value for money and good memories.
josebi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 23:45   #132
BHPian

Hi TBHP'ians,

It's always fun to share a travel update with you all. Planning to visit Munnar on the long weekend of Sept 5th (Ganesh Chaturthi). Bookings done at Camp Noel for 2 nights. Planning to leave at 5 AM on Saturday to reach there around 2 PM. 2 nights stay at the resort and return starts on Monday at around 12 PM. Taking my car for the beautiful drive.

Happy to take any comments as driving to Kerala first time. What to prepare for and what to expect?
Old 10th August 2016, 09:30   #133
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Happy to take any comments as driving to Kerala first time. What to prepare for and what to expect?
Looked at the Camp Noel website and they're located beyond Top Station so the access is via Munnar town. Hence, the route I would suggest is:
-Bangalore-Salem on NH 7
-Turn off onto NH 47 and go upto Avinashi bypass on NH 47
-Turn off towards Mangalam-Palladam
-At Palladam, head straight at 4 road junction signal and take left fork towards Udumalaipet
-Take the Chinnar forest road towards Marayoor and Munnar
-At Munnar Town take the narrow bridge to go towards Matupetty Dam and Top Station

Have a safe drive and enjoy your trip
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 23:38   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looked at the Camp Noel website and they're located beyond Top Station so the access is via Munnar town. Hence, the route I would suggest is:
-Bangalore-Salem on NH 7
-At Palladam, head straight at 4 road junction signal and take left fork towards Udumalaipet
-At Munnar Town take the narrow bridge to go towards Matupetty Dam and Top Station

Thanks a lot for the input. Will keep the directions in mind and will surely share my experience once I am back. Looking forward to the drive.
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:18   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
-Bangalore-Salem on NH 7

Starting tomorrow on the trip around 5AM . By the way, any suggestions on breakfast location between Krishnagiri and Salem (around 8AM) and Lunch at Munnar around 3PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks