Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 06:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accomodation at Munnar

Try out this place.Chancellor Resort, Munnar This the view from the Chancellor Resorts.
Attached Thumbnails
Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay-view-chancellor-resorts.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 2nd September 2011 at 06:57. Reason: inserting image.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:51   #47
BHPian

I would also recommend Chancellor resort/Ayur county. Stayed there with friends last February. Rooms were spacious and food was excellent. Per person rate was around Rs 1200. (1 Night stay, 2Break fast,1 dinner. Campfire Rs1000.00). Location is here N 10.030755 E 77.16134.
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You can check out Ayur County. Think Chancellor Resort is the same. .
Stayed @ Ayur County one month back and the stay is really good.
Rooms are clean and the view from rooms is good. Its located on the way to Munnar from Bodi.

Only thing is, You wont get many options for food nearby other than Resort's restaurant. So plan your food timings well and this shouldnt be much of an issue.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2011 at 19:23. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:31   #49
BANNED

Actually most of the better accommodation is not in Munnar proper but in a village (I hope I spell it right) Chippalkanal a few km out of town. Starting from Mahindra there are Sterling and quite a few others which are more economical. To get there you drive across the bridge on the road in front of the Tata office/shop. Munnar itself is quite corwded and you may not get what you want.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Chippalkanal a few km out of town.
do you mean chinnakanal ?

edit: make my trip has conflicting rates than the one put up on the website of ayur county/chancellor resort. also the reviews are kind of contradicting.

Last edited by govigov : 2nd September 2011 at 12:40.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:51   #51
BHPian

Have a look at these two places.

Camp Noel, Munnar Resort Kerala ? Nature Resort & Hotel, Holiday Accommodation, Honeymoon & Tour Packages Kerala

http://www.camelotmunnar.com/

Last edited by karty_83 : 2nd September 2011 at 12:56.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:55   #52
BHPian

How about Misty Mountain Resort, i stayed there once and it was a nice experience

Misty Mountain Resort, Munnar
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Actually most of the better accommodation is not in Munnar proper but in a village (I hope I spell it right) Chippalkanal a few km out of town. Starting from Mahindra there are Sterling and quite a few others which are more economical. To get there you drive across the bridge on the road in front of the Tata office/shop. Munnar itself is quite corwded and you may not get what you want.
It's Chinnakanal, thats where Chancellor Resorts is located and is away from the madding crowd of Munnar town.
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:40   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
do you mean chinnakanal ?
Thanks for correcting me. We spent a week there in May 2004, so obviously my memory is a bit rusty (age you know). I must say it was one of the loveliest place we went to. This is one place when a bus passes on the road below you can smell it.
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:56   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
sponsored and hence this budget oriented.

Would the guys familiar with Munnar to suggest a good place with a VFM tariff.
Thanks in advance guys.

As others have mentioned, you may get good rates with online portals.
You can definitely book with them

But its absolutely necessary to call the resort and confirm your booking before you embark on your journey. (since these portals act as third party agents)
Old 5th September 2011, 10:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: Munnar : Recommendations for Hotel/Resorts/Homestay

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Have a look at these two places. Camp Noel, Munnar Resort Kerala ?
Just out of curiousity, doesnt this resort require a bit of offroading to get into ? This along with Siena were the most recommended places although expensive, wanted to try it once.
~~~~~
nkrishnap, Bella Vista is decent. We stayed 1.4K/day in May. If you are looking a much more cheaper and decent option, SN Sujatha Inn is pretty decent. The former is 10 km on Idukki route, and latter just a km away from town on Adimali route.
Old 5th September 2011, 10:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at Sienna Village or three nights last month and can recommend it without reservations. Great rooms, well maintained and great garden though the food could improove a bit.

There are not many dining options in Munnar anyway. We tried Club Manendra for dinner one noght and then Ayur County but the food was not really got at any of the places....they use too much chilli in Munnar apparently
Old 5th September 2011, 10:48   #58
BHPian

[quote=narayans80;2493237]Just out of curiousity, doesnt this resort require a bit of offroading to get into ? This along with Siena were the most recommended places although expensive, wanted to try it once.

It takes an additional two hours to go from Munnar to Camp Noel. You need to drive up to Top Station. The folks from Camp Noel will then pick you up in a 4*4 Bolero and take you to Camp Noel. It is a 45 minute ride on a bumpy, breathtakingly beautiful track.

Camp Noel is a wonderful place to stay in. They have independent cottages and a few rooms. The food is terrific and they take you on hikes and jeep safaris or simply let you relax and soak in the scenery. I fell in love with the place after spending a week there.
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Try out this place.Chancellor Resort, Munnar This the view from the Chancellor Resorts.
@DD, I liked the gallery that they have put up on the site, could you help me with more descriptive feedback of the place in terms of cleanliness, food etc. How would this compare with Chinnakanal, or any other resort?

We are planning a longish drive before the school starts

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 23rd May 2012 at 07:30.
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:38   #60
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
How would this compare with Chinnakanal, or any other resort?
Chinnakanal is not a resort, it's the place where resorts like Sterling, Club Mahindra, etc are located.
Chancellor/Ayur County is located on the Chinnakanal side so when you drive from the Theni-Bodi side you can reach this resort quicker than from the Munnar town side (via Udumalaipet-Chinnar-Marayoor).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks