Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 14:50   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Why do you want to go via Jalgaon and Khandwa when the NH3 from Dhule is in good condition and is the shortest route to Indore? The Burhanpur route is best for only those coming from Pune via Aurangabad.
HV, I have a civic so bit confused on the NH3, if you are sure that the route is ok to take then I will be happy to take that as it also saves me by crossing the dacoit area burhanpur and shorter, I was inclined to the above route as I have done it in the past.

Also someone said it is heavy on truck traffic and time consuming.

Cheers
Old 27th July 2010, 14:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
HV, I have a civic so bit confused on the NH3, if you are sure that the route is ok to take then I will be happy to take that as it also saves me by crossing the dacoit area burhanpur and shorter, I was inclined to the above route as I have done it in the past.

Also someone said it is heavy on truck traffic and time consuming.

Cheers
Except for the 120-odd kms from Dhule to beyond Sendhwa, rest is lovely 4-laned road. Even the 2-laned sections are OK. No point in going via Burhanpur.
Old 27th July 2010, 17:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Except for the 120-odd kms from Dhule to beyond Sendhwa, rest is lovely 4-laned road. Even the 2-laned sections are OK. No point in going via Burhanpur.
You mean this will be a dacoit free zone and i will have no problems with the civic GC on this route? even that 120 odd kms?

Cheers
Old 27th July 2010, 18:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Yes apparently the road is now very good but like I said elsewhere, it has lot of truck traffic which may make the drive slightly frustrating.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean this will be a dacoit free zone and i will have no problems with the civic GC on this route? even that 120 odd kms?

Cheers
Like Technocrat said, road is very good and traffic very high. Dacoity is not a problem on this road although parts around Sendhwa have been known to be unsafe in the past. Your Civic GC will not be a problem.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:51   #81
BHPian

Thanks Techno and HV, will update after the drive.
Old 1st August 2010, 08:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HV so the NH-3 after dhulia will be what?? can you please tell me onward Dhulia what are the points. Thanks on the Delhi route, I guess it will be Bhopal-shivpuri-biaora-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi.
i think biaora comes before shivpuri.plz check on that.

regards

pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes apparently the road is now very good but like I said elsewhere, it has lot of truck traffic which may make the drive slightly frustrating.
yes especially the ghat section with huge trailors it can be frustrating.a lot of breakdowns and traffic jams are expected on this section on occasions.last time i had to atke a bypass from thikri anjad rajpur and joined again at julwania on nh3 it took me through pristine farmland countryside in monsoons.at julwania we bypassed the jam.

regards

pg

Quote:
Thanks Techno and HV, will update after the drive.
saint

im waiting for your trip travelogue and tips as iam making mumbai maheshwar ujjain bhopal in september

regards

pg

Quote:

Cheers
no not really the pre sendhwa section is desolate but cover it during daytime i found it to be very safe in 2008.the dhaba owners too are friendly. post sendhwa just before thikri there is shrikrishna dhaba just on your left when u travel towards indore.

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
What ever route you go..Halt at midway resort near doodhi between Indore and Bhopal for some amazing food.
thanks sidd i will use it in september

regards

pg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th August 2010 at 21:08. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 1st August 2010, 09:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
i think biaora comes before shivpuri.plz check on that.

regards

pg
As pravdr mentioned, the route is Bhopal-Biaora-Guna-Shivpuri-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi. Biaora is the point where you join NH3 when you are coming from Bhopal.
Old 12th August 2010, 02:15   #84

Woah, nice to see everyone pooling in to help a fellow bhpian reach faster and safer huge shout out to the spirit of Bhpians. Well, planning to do a Mumbai to Bhopal trip on saturday the 14 th august, i have a fair idea by now about the route to be followed however would still request you guys to help me with the exact route and the current conditions the feedback that i get is the Mumbai-nashik-dhule-indore-bhopal route is very nice now and no serious issues. Still could you please help me with few tips as this is my first road trip for such a long distance, also could you please help me with general guidelines like preliminary checks on the car and what to do in case of a breakdown, how to seek help and rest of the issues, BTW i plan to start at around 4:30 am on saturday from mumbai and reach bhopal the same day and as well cover the whole route during day time as this is my first road trip. i will be using my 05 Elantra GLS.
Old 12th August 2010, 12:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

I use Bombay-Nasik-Dhule-Malegaon-Shirpur-Indore. I travel only till Indore so can't comment on the Indore-Bhopal stretch.

The road till Indore is mostly good and mostly 4-laned. Bombay-Nasik is also now more or less 4-laned. The Kasara Ghats near Nasik are one way now, so lot of time is saved. But maxicabs do come downhill when you don't expect them. Expect to take around 4.5hrs to reach Dhule. Malegoan is a breeze with good roads. Next would be Shirpur and that's when a 100km construction patch starts towards the MP border. After that it is 4-lane all the way to Indore. I don't expect the bad patch to have become any better thanks to the monsoon.

Bombay-Indore takes me about 10hrs in the Safari with stops for food and tea.

Since it's your first road trip, be careful for oncoming traffic especially around blind corners. Honk honk and honk. Ensure your car's fluids are topped up and pressures checked. Keep a car charger for your cellphone. Fill up at only big pumps and stop for food only at places where there are a lot of cars.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 12th August 2010 at 12:17.
Old 24th August 2010, 08:47   #86
BHPian

finalised

my central india trip is finalised

my schedule is

1 mumbai maheshwar
2 maheshwar omkareshwar maheshwar
3 maheshwar sanchi
4 sanchi vidisha udaigiri caves sanchi
5 sanchi bhojpur bhimbetka
6 bhimbetka ujjain
7 ujjain mandu
8 mandu
9 mandu mumbai

iam staying at mpstdc hotels

i would like to have some info on dhabas or hotels on the way and some info as detailed below

im having 2 senior citizens with me

so i want to know how accessible will be sanchi /udaigiori caves/bhimbetka /bhojpur temple

does a vehicle go right up the sanchi hill in short i want to know which places would be difficult for senior citizens to negotiate.

this will help me in planning their routine of whether to visit a particular place?

some more information required regarding sightseeing in vidisha especially bijamandal and regarding access road to udaigiri caves

regards

praveen
Old 24th August 2010, 21:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

In Sanchi The cars can go right up the hill close to the Stupas. They have nice MTDC type restaurant which serves good food.
Old 25th August 2010, 23:01   #88
BHPian

resort at doodhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
What ever route you go..Halt at midway resort near doodhi between Indore and Bhopal for some amazing food.
dear sidd can you tell me the exact name location/milestone of the restaurant at doodhi?when i travel indore bhopal is it located to left/right ?

regards

praveen
Old 26th August 2010, 22:26   #89
BHPian

bypasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
In Sanchi The cars can go right up the hill close to the Stupas. They have nice MTDC type restaurant which serves good food.
technocrat thanks for the information.
i would also like to know about the bypasses at mhow and dewas town
in the map the indore bypass is very obvious. how do i tackle dewas is there a bypass which diverts you directly onto nh86 from nh3 at dewas?

regards

pg
Old 26th August 2010, 22:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there are bypasses for Dewas(2-Lane concrete), Indore (4 Lane concrete) and Mhow (which is normal AB road now). All the 3 bypasses are in excellent condition. I am from Indore and would be keen to meet you when you visit here in Indore.

Thanks

- Abhishek.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks