Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2021, 13:34   #286
BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
Hello,

Had rented a car from Revv last month. Make sure you have your original Driving License and an ID proof with you at the time of delivery, they don't compromise on it. They would be marking all the scratches and dents in their app in front of you during delivery, just keep a check, you could take photos of them if unsure. They would provide you with some minimum blocks of fuel which you should make sure that you return with same or extra, if you had filled it up with extra fuel they would return its worth along with refund. They would briefly show you every documents at the time of delivery.

Enjoy your trip,
RR96
Thanks so much for your inputs RR96, its a huge help for a novice self-drive user like me!
Old 20th December 2021, 21:38   #287
BHPian

Hi. Can someone with a USA license (did not carry an IDP) rent and drive a car in India? Do these rental agencies like Zoomcar or Revv provide a car on an American driving license?
Old 21st December 2021, 20:57   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi. Can someone with a USA license (did not carry an IDP) rent and drive a car in India? Do these rental agencies like Zoomcar or Revv provide a car on an American driving license?
Found this from mylescars website, faqs section : If you’re a foreign national or an NRI looking to rent a self-drive car and explore the country, all you need is an IDP – International driving permit. Govt of India, in line with 194 countries, recognizes the 1949 CONVENTION INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT.

You could apply for an IDP from Parivahan site. I think it would take only few business days since everything is online.
Old 21st December 2021, 22:59   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
Found this from mylescars website, faqs section : If you’re a foreign national or an NRI looking to rent a self-drive car and explore the country, all you need is an IDP – International driving permit. Govt of India, in line with 194 countries, recognizes the 1949 CONVENTION INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT.

You could apply for an IDP from Parivahan site. I think it would take only few business days since everything is online.
@ptushar, you will have to get your IDP from USA only. Go to a local AAA branch & you'll get one in minutes.
On your US license, you will not get IDP in India (Unless something changed recently). IDP in India is for Indian DL holders to drive in foreign countries.

Last edited by ApriliaNut : 21st December 2021 at 23:20.
ApriliaNut is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 23:10   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaNut View Post
@ptushar, you will have to get your IDP from USA only. Go to a local AAA branch & you'll get one in minutes.
On your US license, you will not get IDP in India (Unless something changed recently). IDP in India is for Indian DL holders to drive in foreign countries.
Sorry, please forgive my ignorance. I wasn't aware of it.
Old 29th December 2021, 10:44   #291
BHPian

Hello All

Are there any reliable local providers for self-drive car rentals in Mysore? I need for 4 days from Jan 7th to Jan 10th. Preferably one with AT.

After 3 bad experiences with Zoom Cars, I would rather walk than rent one of their cars again!

Myles has no availability, while Revv has only the Swift AT available (last option).
sridharj77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:20   #292
Senior - BHPian

Can Revv be used to book a self drive vehicle from Bangalore to Mumbai for a one way trip? Has any BHPian done that? How's the entire process, the car allocation, deposit refund etc

In case Revv doesn't provide cars for one way trips, any other rental cos do?
Old 7th January 2022, 12:51   #293
Senior - BHPian

I hired a Zoom car for 1 week in Chandigarh for my Manali trip, the booking experience was smooth via their App, there was no deposit taken. Had to upload my DL & Aadhaar on their website and the same was verified by their delivery agent. The delivery agent explained about the taxes to be paid as I was taking the car to Himachal Pradesh. Fast Tag was enable via the Paytm, all tolls were paid smoothly.

The car (Swift AMT) itself was strictly in okay condition the interiors were clean though. Thankfully there was no mechanical breakdown or starting issues even in subzero temperature. The tyres were in bad shape; faced a puncture too, thankfully we noticed it when the car was parked at hotel. The headlight throw was bad, hence restricted myself to day driving.

I opted for car pick-up and drop service from Chandigarh station so the return process went well. There was some additional fuel left in the car which was refunded/ adjusted against the extra miles driven. So overall I would say things went okay/uneventful, wish the car was newer and in better condition.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 15:01   #294
BHPian

I have used rental cars from Indus Go twice in Oct and Nov last year. Both the cars I rented had around 50,000 kms on the odometer and they were in good condition. The maximum liability of the Swift AMT was around 15,000. That is reasonable considering that Zoom has no automatic cars available in Kochi. I opted to take the car from the airport and return it back to the same spot. They were on time and I have nothing to complain about.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Hello Folks, I am looking to book a Self Drive rental car at Kochi (Cochin Kerala) towards end of October. I noticed that only Revv and IndusGo are the two companies providing such service. While I am aware and used Revv before, I haven't got a clue around Indus Go service or their cars.
Has anyone used this company for Self Drive rental and can share feedback on them would be useful. They are slightly cheaper than Revv and hence considering IndusGo.
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 10:53   #295
BHPian

I am thinking about starting a poll for the best Self Drive Rental Agencies in India on a separate thread. Any other ones apart from the below who you think should feature as options?
  1. Zoomcar
  2. Revv
  3. Myles
  4. Carzonrent
Old 28th February 2022, 10:55   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
I am thinking about starting a poll for the best Self Drive Rental Agencies in India on a separate thread. Any other ones apart from the below who you think should feature as options?
  1. Zoomcar
  2. Revv
  3. Myles
  4. Carzonrent
Mychoize is definitely one of those that should be included
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 11:56   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
  1. Zoomcar
  2. Revv
  3. Myles
  4. Carzonrent
I had used an Innova AT from mychoize and it was a decent experience, the car was well maintained.
I have also seen a few cars from Avis on the roads and they do seem to be in great condition

Have had a pretty bad experience with zoomcar Banglore, the car they did not even have a rear view mirror(Honda city)
Revv(Innova) had an 80 km/hr speed limit on it
vishrutjai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:30   #298
BHPian

The poll for Best Self Drive car rental service in India is live:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ice-india.html (Best Self Drive car rental service in India)
Old 12th March 2022, 11:05   #299
BHPian

Did about 1500 kms in a Diesel Ciaz from MyChoize in Delhi for 5.5 days. It was overall a good experience.

- Delivery was well managed with delivery done in arrival parking area
- Car was clean and well maintained even with 1.25L on the Odo. Minor dents and chips.
- Support is good. I had some issues with the battery and the team responded quite quickly and helped out.
- Handover is kind of hurried because it happened in the departures area and not parking
- Came with a fastag which is apparently linked to my deposit. The only challenge for me is trying to figure out exactly how much spent since there is no way for me to track debits as they happen.
aniketvu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 14:10   #300
BHPian

My first experience of hiring a self-drive car via Zoomcar. While I was contemplating between Revv and Zoomcar, finally I went ahead with Zoomcar as I was looking for a 7 seater and they had Renault Triber on the list with a great pricing.

Pros
- Easier booking process.
- No refundable deposit. It was nil for me.
- Discount for first time users.
- Car home drop and pick up available only for INR 99.
- You get to select the car based on kms driven (transparency).
- My car didnt have any sticker from "Zoomcar" with a white number plate which made it look like a personal car.
- Great customer service who are readily available and provide prompt support. I used it thrice in 2 days.
- Car can be returned by keying the key in glovebox and finishing the return checklist. It gets locked thru the app itself. It same with collection as well.

Cons
- The car was dirty - outside and as well as inside. Though Zoomcar states every car undergoes a deep cleaning, I didn't see it. Upon asking the delivery agent, I was told that car came in late night and they didn't get time to get it cleaned.
- As I missed one step during the delivery checklist, there was no way to go back and link the fast tag which resulted in me having to pay in cash at the toll booths.

Overall, a great experience and will go zoom again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks