Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 21:22   #271
BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Hello Friends

I need a car for self drive to Jaisalmer from Jodhpur airport next week.

A smallish car , hatch back will do just fine , something on the lines of Swift or Baleno.

My Choize is offering a diesel Baleno for approx 13k for 3 days 900 km , & 6k refundable deposit.

If anyone has experience in this matter, kindly advise if My Choize is good and are there any other options in Jodhpur?

thanks
Dead Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:05   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
Hello Friends

If anyone has experience in this matter, kindly advise if My Choize is good and are there any other options in Jodhpur?

thanks
Based on my experience in Rajasthan with MyChoize in 2019, I would recommend it.

We booked an Ertiga for our trip in Rajasthan, we had the pickup point in Jodhpur airport, booked the car for 5 days and visited Jaisalmer, Mount Abu and Udaipur. It was a good experience overall as we did not face any issues with the car. The security deposit was refunded within a weeks time.
adityarobb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 23:04   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarobb View Post
Based on my experience in Rajasthan with MyChoize in 2019, I would recommend it.

We booked an Ertiga for our trip in Rajasthan, we had the pickup point in Jodhpur airport, booked the car for 5 days and visited Jaisalmer, Mount Abu and Udaipur. It was a good experience overall as we did not face any issues with the car. The security deposit was refunded within a weeks time.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am getting a 3 day deal on a car & driver for the entire duration of the trip for a marginally higher price ( 14K ) , wife voted in favour of this option
Old 10th September 2021, 15:25   #274
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Looking for some feedback for a long term rental for a quick substantial roadtrip.

I'm planning a trip with the family (5 including me ) from Mumbai all the way to Ludhiana/Chandigarh and back, expected to last around 14 days.

The only past experience I have is a short term rental from Zoomcar Chandigarh, three years ago. It was quite good and I wouldn't mind going for the same again.
However, I'm trying to get an Innova for the comfort, and Zoomcar doesn't have it on offer.

And since I live in the Netherlands, and have come back to India on vacation after almost three years(thank you pandemic), I'm not up to speed with the various self drive rental agencies and their reviews.

I understand Mychoize and Revv are among the good ones, are they better than Zoomcar?

Any other reputable companies I should be looking at ?
Also, what are the thoughts on XUV500/Tata Hexa compared to the Innova for long distance commuting ? I'll be travelling with my parents (60+) and want a makkhan ride for them

Regards,
Raghav
Old 10th September 2021, 16:30   #275
BHPian

I booked XUV500 for a couple of days from Amritsar to travel to Dharamshala from MyChoize. The experience was good mostly but at the start of the trip they didn’t tell me the exact location from which I need to pick the car despite mailing them beforehand to inform me about the exact pick up location. The car was in decent condition from inside. Now just waiting for the 6k refund, which I should get within 7-10 days as informed by the customer care executive.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:04   #276
BHPian

Hello Folks, I am looking to book a Self Drive rental car at Kochi (Cochin Kerala) towards end of October. I noticed that only Revv and IndusGo are the two companies providing such service. While I am aware and used Revv before, I haven't got a clue around Indus Go service or their cars.
Has anyone used this company for Self Drive rental and can share feedback on them would be useful. They are slightly cheaper than Revv and hence considering IndusGo.
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:57   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Hello Folks, I am looking to book a Self Drive rental car at Kochi (Cochin Kerala) towards end of October. I noticed that only Revv and IndusGo are the two companies providing such service. While I am aware and used Revv before, I haven't got a clue around Indus Go service or their cars.
Has anyone used this company for Self Drive rental and can share feedback on them would be useful. They are slightly cheaper than Revv and hence considering IndusGo.
I would recommend you go with Revv if they are present in your city. I have driven cars from multiple self-drive companies and by far, have found Revv to be providing the cleanest and most mechanically fit cars of all (including Zoom, MyChoize etc). Unless the difference in cost is very significant, I have alway tried to book Revv.
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 08:59   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintofinternet View Post
my personal experience with DRIVEZY is a nightmare.
---> is what happens when you go with a company like Drivezy
Any update? Did they refund the money?

Last edited by navin : 1st August 2022 at 14:57. Reason: shortened quoted post
Old 27th October 2021, 19:32   #279
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking to book a self drive car from Chennai this weekend, for quick trip to Pondy. I am somewhat keen on an AT. Unfortunately, I dont see any AT cars available from Revv, Zoomcar or Myles. I could only find one on MyChoize, but the car is a little too small (they only have a Nexon; I would have preferred a larger SUV).

Any other agencies that are recommended for Chennai?
Old 14th November 2021, 17:25   #280
BHPian

I along with another Team-BHPian Drouni and our friends rented a car from Revv for our Mysore-Ooty trip. The whole rental experience was good. We booked an Alto K10 from 4th November 7am to 6th November 1pm. The initial estimate was around Rs.7500 for this time period with a range upto 550 kms and this included a security deposit of Rs.1000 and fuel cost had to be borne by us.

We initially considered Indusgo, Revv, Zoomcar, Mychoize etc. Out of all these Revv was the most economical one. All others initially quoted low amount and then later added taxes and higher security deposits. Revv's app and site were user friendly and also their initial quote and final amount didn't have much variation.

After booking the Alto K10 on 3rd November, they called us that night and enquired whether we needed the car on 3rd itself without any additional cost. We agreed on the same and they reached our location half an our after call. They wanted an original driving license and luckily one among us had one, all others had a photo copied one with lamination. As per their company policy they wanted an original copy verified by their staff and we had forgotten it. The staff was courteous and informative. He showed us all the documents and showed us the various dents and scratches which were present before and marked it in the app. The car initially had 2 blocks of fuel and he informed us that we should return it with the same and if we had filled it with extra then they would return the extra money. The condition of the car was neat and clean. Also the gear shifts and clutch feel didn't feel that it had run 66K Kms, it meant that it was well maintained and serviced.

We returned the car on 6th November, half an hour after the promised time. He had phoned us just before our designated time ended and enquired where to come to collect the car. We gave the car with 2 blocks of extra fuel. They returned the security deposit of Rs.1000 and Rs.700 for extra fuel. The whole experience was good and would also recommend others to use their service.
RR96 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 13:32   #281
BHPian

I have a mychoize booking for an upcoming trip from Delhi. I plan to drive to around NCR and Agra. Since I will be going UP, do I need to pay any rto taxes?

The Mychoize FAQ says that all of the cars have all India permit - if so, is there a way to verify the same - would there be a physical permit copy that I should insist on with the car?

Last edited by deep_bang : 21st November 2021 at 13:34.
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:47   #282
Senior - BHPian

Planning to visit Shimla and nearby areas in a radius of around ~250kms. I searched online and it seems that most of the established players like Zoom are situated in Chandigarh. I have never used rental cars in India, any suggestion for a self-driven car in that part of the country will be appreciated.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 11:48   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka51resident View Post
Hi!
I'm planning to drive from Delhi towards Corbett the coming weekend (first time driving in the North, any tips would be lovely). I have used Zoomcar post-pandemic and getting the Security Deposit took 6 months and a Consumer Forum Complaint. I have used Voler in the past in Delhi and their car (Q3) and service was quite good.
Update:

Booked a KUV100 through Revv. Went to Jim Corbett in August; then a long sabbatical from T-BHP. In short, had a lovely time with my Significant Other.

Went through Revv. If I were to be super honest, they treated me as if I were an angel investor in the company. Why, you ask?

1. We were supposed to leave at 6AM. I booked the car at 5:30AM to keep a buffer. The delivery agent calls me at 9PM and asked me if he can deliver the car right now at no extra cost. There was no parking at the place I was staying and having read the horrors of stolen wheels in unguarded parking, I was a bit wary. Anywho, I asked him to show up in the morning. He sends another person and this person reaches at 5:15AM to ensure that I get ample time to check the car out. I checked everything except to check if the ICE is working. Anywho...

2. After we crossed the city, I plug in my phone to play music and poof, the fuse for the ICE and the Cig Lighter slot was busted. Gave my iPad to my SO and boy, did she play a mixtape. No issues with the car whatsoever except there was a Speed Governor locked to 80km/h. No sweat.

3. While coming back, Google Maps took us on an unknown route and we lost time. We overshot the return time by an hour and half. They were more than kind as they said that they shall give an exception foe the delay as compensation for ICE (they had me at "sorry for the inconvenience caused to you" when I mentioned that I might be late).

4. Refund? Faster than the Merc AMG W11. They refunded the amount within 8 hours of the trip closing along with a refund for the excess fuel. I over-estimated the fuel requirement and filled the tank. Little did I know that not every car is a guzzler like the GT TDI I have at home.

--

Posting here because I need a suggestion for Goa. Going around Christmas for a wedding (if Omicron allows). I usually rent a car from a local agency but since I am going with my folks this time, I want to know which agency would you guys recommend for Self Drive Car from the Airport. I really don't want to go for ZoomCar having suffered a lot from them, I'd prefer the over-priced Taxi instead.

Thanks in advance!
ka51resident is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 10:43   #284
BHPian

Hi Forum,

I have booked an XUV 500 from Revv for my trip to the Konkan tomorrow with the whole family, 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 seniors.

This is my first time with a self-drive, can someone please list down what all I should check at the time of delivery of the car?

Should I click some pics to keep proof of the condition of the car at the time of the delivery?

Any other gotchas to look for? Please guide.

Cheers
harryputtar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 11:33   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,
I have booked an XUV 500 from Revv for my trip ...
This is my first time with a self-drive, can someone please list down what all I should check at the time of delivery of the car?
Should I click some pics to keep proof of the condition of the car at the time of the delivery?
Any other gotchas to look for? Please guide.
Hello,

Had rented a car from Revv last month. Make sure you have your original Driving License and an ID proof with you at the time of delivery, they don't compromise on it. They would be marking all the scratches and dents in their app in front of you during delivery, just keep a check, you could take photos of them if unsure. They would provide you with some minimum blocks of fuel which you should make sure that you return with same or extra, if you had filled it up with extra fuel they would return its worth along with refund. They would briefly show you every documents at the time of delivery.

Enjoy your trip,
RR96

Last edited by RR96 : 19th December 2021 at 11:40.
RR96 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks