Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 19:38   #181
Senior - BHPian

My MyChoize Experience!

My MyChoize Experience

My BIL was coming to Delhi on second half of November. On November 20th we got information that Manali got first spell of Snowfall. Immediately planned for a round trip to Manali from 23rd to 26th. Was not in a mood to take our car. So looked for a self-drive rental. Preference were Zoomcar or Myles. Didn’t find any suitable car in our budget/type (most of the cars were sold-out).

Then I landed in MyChoize website. There too most of the cars were sold-out. Finally I had options for Figo Aspire Diesel, S-Cross & Terrano. A discount coupon for 15% was also available. Wife was particular about Aspire and we booked it. Total amount paid Rs. 15688.98 (Including Rs.6000 security deposit). Pick-up and drop point was fixed as Moolchand Metro Station 9:00 pm.

Got the Aspire Trend Variant on time with full tank diesel. Car was 2016 Model with 65980 KMs in ODO. Car was very well maintained with few scratches and dents (major 2 on both running boards). Inspected the car thoroughly and documented everything from small to big. Mandatory Photos of AAdhaar & License clicked. Another Photo of me along with car too was clicked. Signed the terms and condition sheet and left at around 9:30 pm.

We started our journey at 3:30 am from Delhi and reached Manali at 8:30 pm with enough breaks. We lost a good amount of time between Kullu and Manali due to hours of jam due to on-going road widening project. There were times we just switched off the car for more than 30 minutes. In next couple of days we covered Solang, Kothi, Gulaba and other normal places with-in Manali town. (Approx. 110 KMs)

We started our return journey at 3:00 am and reached back Delhi at 7:00 pm. Car with full tank diesel was handed over at sharp 9:00 pm. I got a call on 27th from MyChoize back office stating that my refund of Security Deposit has been initiated and will reach the account in within 10 days. I received the amount on 30th itself.

So the final bill towards MyChoize was Rs.9688.98/- (unlimited Kms for 4 days)

I couldn’t believe my eyes seeing the kind of mileage Aspire was munching. Average mileage had never dropped below 21 kmpl throughout entire journey. We consumed 61.33 litres of diesel for 1256 Kms which worth Rs. 3586/-

Aspire was mechanically in very good condition with proper wheel alignment, all electricals working, good horns, etc. Car was equipped with front and rear fog lamps, 2 Airbags, ABS/EBD (ABS kicked in once), electronically adjusting and folding ORVMS, MyDock (my Mi Max 2 didn’t fit but BIL’s CoolPad was a perfect fit.

This was my first time experience with a self-drive rentals and it turns very good.

Thoroughly enjoyed the trip and give MyChoize a well-deserved 5 stars.

Cheers!

Vinu
Attached Thumbnails
Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-orix.png  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-whatsapp-image-20171201-19.17.05-1.jpeg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-whatsapp-image-20171201-19.17.05-2.jpeg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-whatsapp-image-20171201-19.17.05.jpeg  

myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:44   #182
BHPian

Re: My MyChoize Experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My MyChoize Experience

Aspire was mechanically in very good condition with proper wheel alignment, all electricals working, good horns, etc. Car was equipped with front and rear fog lamps, 2 Airbags, ABS/EBD (ABS kicked in once), electronically adjusting and folding ORVMS, MyDock (my Mi Max 2 didn’t fit but BIL’s CoolPad was a perfect fit.

This was my first time experience with a self-drive rentals and it turns very good.

Thoroughly enjoyed the trip and give MyChoize a well-deserved 5 stars.

Cheers!

Vinu
Hi Vinu,

I have made a booking made with Mychoize next week at the same pick up location for Delhi-Manali trip.

Can you please let me know,

1) If you got any calls from anyone from the operations department/similar regarding your booking? Can you share the number via PM if you have? I have some requests/clarifications from them.

2) How long did it take to validate your KYC? Did you upload on their website or sent them an email?

3) Did you include any co-drivers in your booking? If yes, any procedures for the same?

4) How was the pickup and drop experience? Did you get the number/name of the driver beforehand or latter?

5) Mychoize website mentions inclusion of fire extinguishers, tissues etc in all their cars. Did u find them?

6) How about the entry taxes? Would you mind mentioning the locations/landmarks near the RTO's please?

Your reply will be of good assistance and much appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th August 2018 at 15:21. Reason: trimming quoted post for readability
Old 2nd December 2017, 22:49   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Hi Vinu,

I have made a booking made with Mychoize next week at the same pick up location for Delhi-Manali trip.

Can you please let me know,

1) If you got any calls from anyone from the operations department/similar regarding your booking? Can you share the number via PM if you have? I have some requests/clarifications from them.

Yes you will receive a call from back office after booking. They will also provide a number of Delivery Manager. You can call him and recheck the time early or around 1 hour prior to your pick-up time, delivery agent will call you. Delivery Manager will SMS you the name of Delivery Agent along with his mobile no.

2) How long did it take to validate your KYC? Did you upload on their website or sent them an email?

While registering in their website you have to upload DL and POI. Both will be physically verified at pickup point by delivery agent. Time taken will depend upon your time required to scrutinize the entire car for dents, scratches, missing parts, etc. For me it took 30 mins.

3) Did you include any co-drivers in your booking? If yes, any procedures for the same?

No. It was a solo self driving by me only.

4) How was the pickup and drop experience? Did you get the number/name of the driver beforehand or latter?

Good experience. Agents were polite and very patient too. Yes, as SMS.

5) Mychoize website mentions inclusion of fire extinguishers, tissues etc in all their cars. Did u find them?

Yes, as promised.

6) How about the entry taxes? Would you mind mentioning the locations/landmarks near the RTO's please?

For Haryana, pay online here https://parivahan.gov.in/checkpost/f...inOnline.xhtml

For Punjab it is here https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...3!4d76.7273482

Pay for the individual days (pay for the return date also in advance)

For HP it is at Swarghat or try paying here https://parivahan.gov.in/vahanservic...homepage.xhtml

For Manali Green Tax here https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...9!4d77.1883027

Your reply will be of good assistance and much appreciated!

Happy to help you. Enjoy the trip

Thanks.
My reply in bold.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:35   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My reply in bold.

Cheers!

Vinu

I got an email yesterday evening asking me to resend Aadhaar/passport/voter ID withing "30 minutes" or else the booking will be subject to cancellation and also a disclaimer stating that the company will not be responsible for delay in the booking/pickup due to my failure to upload the KYC docs in time.

There was no phone call or a SMS - just an email with an expectation that I will read the email and respond within 30minutes. They failed to acknowledged that for the booking made on 29Nov, I had uploaded my my PAN + DL on the very same day. If PAN is not accepted what took them close to 4 days to notice and inform me that PAN is not a valid KYC doc for them?

Also I had sent them my Voter ID (apart from KYC+DL of co driver) as an additional KYC to their email selfdrive@orixindia.com, as per one of their agents instructions on the very same day when I called them to enquire about co-driver addition.

From how things have been going till now, it looks very very unprofessional and seems like they dont have a well laid out standard operating procedures or their team is not coordinating well together.

But from hearing on how things have panned out for you, it looks a bit reassuring!
Old 3rd December 2017, 23:33   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post

From how things have been going till now, it looks very very unprofessional and seems like they dont have a well laid out standard operating procedures or their team is not coordinating well together.

But from hearing on how things have panned out for you, it looks a bit reassuring!
I am not sure whether the co-driver part is making things little bit complicated. In my case it was me driving.

For KYC, at the time of registration I had uploaded Aadhaar and DL. So there was no confusion. You try to use Aadhaar which serves as a POI & POA in any case.

Hope you will have a good experience from here on.

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 3rd December 2017 at 23:35.
Old 4th December 2017, 00:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Any recommendations for a good self drive rental in Chennai for 1 day?
I have tried multiple agencies in Bangalore, so looking for a reliable rental agency for trips in and around Chennai in xmas holidays.

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 4th December 2017, 09:34   #187
BHPian

Looking at a self drive option in Bangalore for 4 days. Is it better to go ahead with Myles or Zoomcar? Myles currently works out cheaper but not sure of the service for either. Any pointers?
Old 4th December 2017, 11:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Looking at a self drive option in Bangalore for 4 days. Is it better to go ahead with Myles or Zoomcar? Myles currently works out cheaper but not sure of the service for either. Any pointers?
I have used Zoom and I have had a very professional experience,Zoom definitely has more number of pickup and drop points making it easier to transact.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:10   #189
Senior - BHPian

Guys - any suggestions for decent self drive options for Kolkata, preferably South Koltata?

I'd want to hire a SUV/Cross-over for outstation trips ex Kolkata.
Old 4th December 2017, 23:16   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would Recommend Revv. Well maintained cars, professional people and no hassles. I used their cars multiple times and never had any complaints so far. Go for it.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 16:30   #191
BHPian

Quote:
I have used zoomcar in BLR and it was an okay experience. I had booked a scorpio, but when i landed at the airport - they said they don't have a Scorpio and offered me a Swift. I declined - and after haggling for a while - they gave me a brand new (only 5K on odometer) Creta (though the base version). The pickup was from a lot near airport - and they picked us up from the airport.

The trip was uneventful - but at the drop time also there was confusion with regards to the drop point and we ultimately ended up paying Rs. 200 for parking at the airport.

Other than that - good experience.
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 00:26   #192
BHPian

I drove a Zoomcar Swift in Bangalore today. Cosmetically it was great- parts were repainted but with a good finish. The peculiar thing is that the gear keeps missing the 2nd slot and shifts to neutral. Also, I found it be quite noisy inside- don't know if this is the noise that everyone is used to. It made me wonder why so many Swifts sell every month. It was a 30k kilometer run car with ample rattles.
Old 17th December 2017, 16:49   #193
BHPian

On 4th November, I booked a Zoomcar (Ford Ecosport) from Guwahati Airport for 7 days (30th Nov to 7th Dec).

After landing in Guwahati Airport, I called Zoomcar to find out where I can pick up the car (it turns out to be about 1 km outside the airport, and you have to make your own arrangements to get there). I was shocked when they told me that the Car I booked had mechanical trouble, so can I take a Scorpio please. We had a tight schedule, and even though I had not driven a Scorpio before and knowing that it could be a handful of the hilly roads in Meghalaya, I said OK.

We then walked up to the Zoomcar pick up point and to our surprise, there were three Ecosports and one Swift there, apart from the Scorpio. I asked the person there what was the problem and he told me one of the Ecosports had an accident, another had mechanical trouble etc (which I found later were all lies). He added that because we were taking the car for a week, they were offering the Scorpio which just came back from Service.

We were half an hour early for our booking, and while waiting, we saw that two others were delivered the Ecosports in front of us. One of them happened to be our co-passenger on the flight from Bangalore, so we started talking and I found that he had made the booking only four days before.

I realized Zoomcar was trying to push a Scorpio on whoever is amenable to take the bigger car (its good to offer a bigger car for the same price, but then we neither needed it nor was it suitable for the narrow roads in Shillong and beyond...) so I called them again and told them that there still one Ecosport in their Guwahati pick up point and I wanted it. I told them that having made the booking a month ago, I should get priority over someone who has made the booking later.

After half an hour's wait, Zoomcar called me and told me that I could take the Ecosport after all. It turned out to be a relatively new car (6000 kms run) in very good mechanical condition.

Ultimately the trip turned out very well. We got a good car, it gave us no trouble, and Zoomcar handled the handover and takeover process very well. My refund was processed in less than an hour. Overall, their service was also very good. I have no complaint except that I was lied to convince me take a bigger car which I did not need or want. And to be told about this an hour before I had to pickup the car was not a pleasant experience.

I do understand that mechanical problems and accidents on rental cars can cause a disruption in the bookings, but Zoomcar could have handled this better.
Old 10th January 2018, 12:32   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruprasadR View Post
MyChoize Cars (Self-drive by ORIX)

Booked a Terrano in September for 1 Week (Deepawali - October) from Jaipur as we had planned to drive from Jaipur - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Ajmer - Jaipur.

They only had an Android App & no iOS app (iOS App available now).
The cancel trip on the app button has no warning & I ended up cancelling my trip the first time by mistake.

1 week before the start date, they call to inform me that the Terrano had met with an accident & will be offering me an Innova as "upgrade" instead.
Mailed them a couple of times to confirm the quality & seating arrangement (since they only offered Figo & Terrano in Jaipur & wasn't sure where they were arranging the Innova from).

Pick-up:
I had paid Rs. 300/- for pick-up at Airport & was duly met by the executive on-time.
The Innova looked old & was shocked to find it had already run over 1.5 Lakh KMs (this after I was promised a car in immaculate condition).
The executive then drives my family & myself to Four Points in Jaipur city to complete the formalities. Although the Executive was nice & made us wait in the Hotel Lounge as he finished the paperwork but we ended up wasting over an hr to complete all these formalities.

Vehicle:
Innova was badly maintained & dirty both on the inside as well as outside. On asking the Executive said it was thoroughly cleaned. Car had mild scratches all over & a couple deep ones (almost dent-like). Odo showed over 1.5Lakh KMs. Car tended to veer to the left occasionally but not alarmingly. Only saving grace was the A/C which worked brilliantly even in the harsh conditions.
Will have to give full marks to Toyota for the way the Innova performed in-spite of having ran so much.

Trip:
Mostly uneventful trip except for once when a local biker hit my car as we were waiting to cross the BSF post which lead to the outer cover of Break-light being damaged & bumper coming off its clips. Don't know why exactly but the MyChoize (ORIX) executives asked me not to file an FIR if it wasn't major & none of the travelers were hurt. I heeded to their request as the lights were functional & was also able re-fit the bumper to a manageable level.

Drop-off:
Again was asked to wait outside the Airport for Inspection & drop-off post which the executive dropped us at the airport.
This is inconvenient as we had to adjust one person in the other car (or in this case in the third-row since it was available).
The process though was quick & hassle-free.

Overall:
Will give it a 3/5 purely for the quality of the Vehicle & hassle in pick-up.

Positives:
1. The Executive was professional.
2. They provided Water Bottles for the whole family.

Negatives:
1. Poorly maintained, heavily used vehicle.
2. Time consuming Pick-up.
3. App isn't user-friendly.
Update: Received my refundable part of the deposit a whole 3 months after completion of trip. Has to follow-up multiple times with multiple people before it got done. Reducing the rating to a 2/5 for the horrible after-service.
Old 14th February 2018, 15:40   #195
BHPian

Hi all, I am looking for self drive vehicles.I am not particular about the vehicle but looking for one with bench seats for both middle and last rows.
Which provider has such a vehicle? I checked Zoom, Revv, Myles..but there is no explicit indication in this regard.
Zoomcars in fact don't even have customer support help line.

I may go for 2-3 days to a distance of totally around 750kms with 6 adults and 2 kids.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks