Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2012, 17:07   #61
BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

I may be late in posting but i hope it will help. I had rented an innova from Avis in may last year. Avis in gurgaon has an office in Radisson Mahipalpur. We were 7 friends and we had booked the self drive rental for 3 days. The customer desk was very helpful and all the document work took around 45 minutes . This was at 1:00 am. They the gave a thorough detail of all the permits and licences which the car had and the company driver also told us where the state tax for rajasthan can be paid. We took the innova to bikaner via churu. Avis does not have a limit on the number of kilometers. Innova was very well maintained and it was a perfect ride for 7 people on rajasthan roads which i must admit are really nice. I dont remember the exact cost of the rental but it was around 10,000 for 3 days. The security deposit was 30,000 rs. I also paid extra 500 rs for the extra driver.This is because only the person in whose name the car rental is registered can drive. So i you have extra drivers you will have to pay. But the charges aren't much. Overall it was a nice experince. I had my doubts because ive never driver a big car as innova before. Also since such rentals are not very common in India so we tend to doubt such deals. But the experience at Avis left me impressed and I would definitely be going back to them whenever I need such rental. Also i must mention i had made the booking well in advance, around march I think.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:20   #62
BHPian

Avis for me anyday. Have availed their service quite a few times in Mumbai. Once we were upgraded to Honda City due to unavailabilty of Dezire.
In another trip Dezire broke down near Igatpuri and the sent a replacement vehicle. Unfortunatley the replacement vehicle had an accident on our return trip. We paid around 10k for the repairs. This was less than our estimates and the people out there are helpful.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
250 free Kms per day, and above which the cost is calculated as follows:-

extra cost =
((One day's Rent)/250)*(extra kilometers per day, above the alloted 250 kms)

He gives Full tank fuel at the start, when returning we need to return by tanking up full. And, the car's are white board cars, so no jhanjhat of permits when going inter-state and all. You can use it as your own car.
so if I rent the car for say 4 days, it will be a total of 1000 kms regardless of how much I drive each day. Correct?

Also, what happens in terms of insurance claims in case of any accident?
Old 14th June 2012, 18:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhavraghav View Post
I may be late in posting but i hope it will help. I had rented an innova from Avis in may last year......... But the experience at Avis left me impressed and I would definitely be going back to them whenever I need such rental. Also i must mention i had made the booking well in advance, around march I think.

Thanks for your reply, we are back from our trip last month and we had rented out an Innova from an aquaintance for 8 days and got it for a real deal
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:45   #65
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone tried availing self drive rentals from Girikand?

Girikand Cars | Self Drive

I am looking at renting an Innova for a week in September and here's the breakup of costs involved:

- Rent: Rs. 15,960/-
- Tax: 4.94%
- Maximum mileage for 6 days - 1800kms (300km/day)
- They will swipe in Rs. 50,000/- as a deposit. Or else I need to present a blank cheque
- The amount includes an accident insurance.
- Small dents and scratches are not covered by insurance.

(Rest of the details are as in the link above).

The other option I see is - http://www.selfdrive.in/fleet.php. But their prices are too high.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd July 2012 at 16:47.
Old 17th August 2012, 12:48   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
What is the name and contact# of this agency?
Do you have any contact details for this guy? I'm looking for self-drive rental during my stay in Goa in Sep 1 week. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nitin
Old 29th August 2012, 09:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Last week, rented a Ritz from a company named getscar in aminjikarai, Chennai @2000 per day. (21/08/2012 to 25/08/2012)

Standard security deposit of 5000 was paid at the time of collecting the car and 10,000 paid in advance for the 5 days rental.
The car was in good condition except for few dents all around which were noted down by them during delivery. The tyres were in decent condition as well (standard JK radials).

They have a limit of 300 KMs per day and any additional KMs beyond that will be charged at Rs 5/- per KM. (No unlimited mileage option available).

The brake pads gave up when I was in Ooty and had them changed at Ambal Auto in Ooty. Produced the bill for the same (1900/-) to getscar and they refunded the cost of the repair.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
pulsar56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 13:44   #68

TaxiForSure

Had a bad experience with Taxiforsure.
My Parents-in-law were returning home and the train ETD was 1115 from Yeshwantpur. Kept 2 hours for rush hour traffic from Whitefield to YPR + 30 mins buffer. So booked the cab at 0845.
Firstly, the cab turned up at 0920 - after the usual "coming in 5 mins" !! Then, in spite of my wife asking him to stick to ORR, he went straight through the city.
End result, in-laws missed the train
The booking itself, sms etc was smooth. But the entire attitude of the driver left a bad taste.
Not sure if i should penalize the agency for a driver (which could be one off), but then, they come in a package, right ?
Old 10th September 2012, 20:19   #69
BHPian

I didn't get reply to my query :-( but anyways, thought to post this info I got for self-drive rental in Goa.

The Velankini (Google for their bo) guys seem good for rental option. They quoted me 900/day for Wagon R and 1000/day for i10/Swift. Petrol is to be filled up /re-filled by you. The only bummer for me was that they asked for min 3 day booking and you can't srive around in South goa,where I was going to stay next.

I rather hired a cab from them at 1200/day and had pleasent experience. Hotel guys quoted me 1400/-.

On a side note, I chatted with their can driver and he told me that this is not a legal business as there's no insurance etc. They pass this self-rental lead to car owners attached to them. In case of accident etc, you need to settle with car owner for any damages. But I saw many ppl renting and driving around.

Hope the info helps.
nitinr30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 01:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30
I didn't get reply to my query :-( but anyways, thought to post this info I got for self-drive rental in Goa.

The Velankini (Google for their bo) guys seem good for rental option. They quoted me 900/day for Wagon R and 1000/day for i10/Swift. Petrol is to be filled up /re-filled by you. The only bummer for me was that they asked for min 3 day booking and you can't srive around in South goa,where I was going to stay next.

I rather hired a cab from them at 1200/day and had pleasent experience. Hotel guys quoted me 1400/-.

Hope the info helps.
Thanks a lot for sharing the info bro, I am also going there for a family vacation 5 adults and an infant. Could you please let me know which car you took and if I take something like an innova for a full day (cab not self driven) is there a limit on kms or something? Thanks for your help. Pls share their number too if you still have it.

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th September 2012 at 01:04.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:12   #71
BHPian

Hi,

I took an Indica for 1200/-,8 hrs/80km and Rs 12/km for any additional km. Also, you need pay some to driver if he stayd beyond 7. Didn't enquire about Innova. Here's there no snd website link:-

http://www.goacabs.com

Have a safe trip. Njoy!
nitinr30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 13:00   #72
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Am looking for self drive rentals in Ahmedabad during my trip to Kutch in December.
The only one I could find was "Autoriders". Any suggestions/ reviews on them?

Also, any other rental agencies providing self drives?
Thanks!
Old 19th November 2012, 11:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Has anyone tried availing self drive rentals from Girikand?

Girikand Cars | Self Drive

The other option I see is - http://www.selfdrive.in/fleet.php. But their prices are too high.

Kiran, sorry for quoting an older post, but did you rent out the Innova?
I am in the process of doing the same, for a 4 day travel in December.

If you did, how did you find the service?
If not, did you find another option?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 19th November 2012 at 11:04. Reason: Editing quoted post
Old 19th November 2012, 12:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

Re: TaxiForSure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarba View Post
Had a bad experience with Taxiforsure.
My Parents-in-law were returning home and the train ETD was 1115 from Yeshwantpur. Kept 2 hours for rush hour traffic from Whitefield to YPR + 30 mins buffer. So booked the cab at 0845.
Firstly, the cab turned up at 0920 - after the usual "coming in 5 mins" !! Then, in spite of my wife asking him to stick to ORR, he went straight through the city.
End result, in-laws missed the train
The booking itself, sms etc was smooth. But the entire attitude of the driver left a bad taste.
Not sure if i should penalize the agency for a driver (which could be one off), but then, they come in a package, right ?
The train was at 1115.
That means you should be at station by 1045 (30 minutes before departure)
2 hours is the travel time.
So the taxi should've started from your place by 0845.

Usually people take at least 15 minutes to get the taxi to start. (Which means tata-bye-byes, forgot something at home, check all the baggage, keys etc).
So everyone should've been out by 0830. And the taxi should've come latest by 0830.

Usually taxi service require you to book at least 30 minutes in advance. Which means the booking should've been done latest by 8 am. Preferably 1 hour earlier.

But I am appalled by reading that it takes 2 hours to reach the station. (I am not aware of the geography of Bangalore though)
Old 29th November 2012, 14:52   #75
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Am being quoted the following rates for self drive option in Gujarat. I wanted to know if it is OK or should I just go for the taxi? My total mileage might be around 1000kms.

Indica: 1000/ day
Logan/ Swift: 1900/ day

Indica is fine for me. The rates are quoted by AUTORIDERS (Ahmedabad).
Please help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks