Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 00:09   #121
BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Hi everyone,
I am looking to rent a seven to eight seater for 2 weeks. I have narrowed down on the Ertiga and Innova. We will be 5 adults and one toddler of 2 years, who will be having her own toddler car seat. We plan to travel out of station for nearly 5 days (Delhi to Punjab), thus we'd be needing good amount of luggage space for the a stroller, knocked down crib, bags, etc., keeping that in mind, the Ertiga doesn't seem like a wise choice even though it has a better mileage.

Which one would be a better car to go for? Ertiga or the Innova?

I am thinking of booking via Carzonrent and getting a toddler seat from them too. Though I have a few questions -

1. Are there any worthy competitors in self drive industry worth looking at?
2. I will need to make a blocked security deposit of Rs.50,000/- on my CC. Do they only accept credit cards? As my credit card has a limit of Rs.25,000/- only. Though I can arrange a cash deposit.
3. Can I request for a newer model of the car?
4. Do they have a luggage carrier on the roof of the car?

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st August 2014, 09:04   #122
BHPian

Guys where should I rent from in Bangalore? Please suggest a place with no/low deposit that will rent to a youngster (I'm 23). Does Zoom car charge anything more than Rs.5000 deposit that they mention on their site?
Evil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 12:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Guys where should I rent from in Bangalore? Please suggest a place with no/low deposit that will rent to a youngster (I'm 23). Does Zoom car charge anything more than Rs.5000 deposit that they mention on their site?
Other than their per day charges-nothing else.Zoom is your best bet.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:40   #124
BHPian

Folks,
I am planning a trip in Himachal ex Chandigarh was considering hiring a self drive car, does anybody know of a self drive agency in Chandigarh?
I will land on the 2nd of Oct and leave on the 8th.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:15   #125
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a self-drive from Chandigarh from 27th Sept returning on 5th Oct. Carzonrent is all booked. Can anyone of you suggest an alternative.

Cheers,
PP.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:59   #126
BHPian

There's a new service in the NCR region by the name of MiCar! Check em out http://www.micar.co.in/

Currently they have Polo, Vento and Nissan Terrano on offer. But the per day rental and security deposit is way lower than Carzonrent. I am getting Terrano for 1,700/day rent with a 10,000 security deposit for a period of 14 days. I think it's an excellent deal. It's best to call their customer care # and get a quote since I got a Terrano quote 200 Rs. less than what's quoted on their website.
sibot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 10:48   #127
BHPian

Self Drive rental in Chennai

Hey Guys,

I would be travelling to Chennai And Kerala in December end.
I would like to take a self drive 6 seater from Chennai and return it back after a 10 days Kerala trip.

Innova from Carzonrent is booked till 4th Jan. Any other options available in Chennai? I would like to be fully insured from any kind of car accidents/mishaps.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:54   #128
BHPian

Any self drive options in Ahmedabad - carzonrent is fully booked and autoriders charges are exhorbitant.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:00   #129
BHPian

Stay away from selfdrive.in

I have had the most horrible and annoying experience with selfdrive.in in Pune. Complete unprofessional, non-responsive company! There's no customer service forget about complaint handling. No escalations possible. It's probably easier to get through our PM Modi than Mr. Soham Shah who is the owner of this rental agency.

Plan to write my experience in detail at some tiime. But for now, I'll definitely recommend staying away from this company.

If anyone has Soham Shah's contact details (which are not listed anywhere and his employees don't know his number, his whereabouts, his email id, his availability etc.!!!) please share it.
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:16   #130
BHPian

My friend is planning for a trip to Coorg from Hyderabad. Any idea of self drive rental car agency in Hyderabad?
Old 3rd January 2015, 15:44   #131
BHPian

Any recommendations for self drive rentals in Trivandrum ? I am going there for a couple of weeks.
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
My friend is planning for a trip to Coorg from Hyderabad. Any idea of self drive rental car agency in Hyderabad?

Carzonrent,Avis,Budget,Autoriders are the options in hyd.

Alternatively I would suggest take a train or flight to blore and opt for the zoomcar option which is easily the best in the country today.
Old 6th January 2015, 19:06   #133
BHPian

Hello Buddies,

Please let me know if there are any reliable self drive car rental service in Jaipur. I see carsonrent provides self drives but not quite sure about their service in Jaipur. Moreover I am on a sightseeing tour, not at all acquainted to places/roads in Jaipur and hence will be depending on GPS. Though taxi would be convenient but I presume it will be more costly than self drives. Please let me know your views and would you recommend to go for a self drive or should I use normal taxi service
Old 7th January 2015, 13:36   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Hello Buddies,

Please let me know if there are any reliable self drive car rental service in Jaipur. I see carsonrent provides self drives but not quite sure about their service in Jaipur. Moreover I am on a sightseeing tour, not at all acquainted to places/roads in Jaipur and hence will be depending on GPS. Though taxi would be convenient but I presume it will be more costly than self drives. Please let me know your views and would you recommend to go for a self drive or should I use normal taxi service
Just opt for a traditional taxi service.Selfdrive in no way is going to be any cheaper than a taxi and plus the added headache of finding parking in Jaipur city,one ways etc.Personally I would just take a cab and enjoy my peace and leave the hassles to the cab guy.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 12:17   #135
BHPian

I need a selfdrive car in Pune for four days. Planning to visit Shirdi and Lonavala. My wife and twin daughters (18 months) would accompany.

Booked a Zoom car but surprisingly they declined my request to provide baby car seats. Planning to cancel the service.

Carzonrent has pickup from Pune airport and unlimited mileage. But cannot book more than one baby seat per car either in website or with customer care. One is better than nothing hence have booked a car with them too.

I still have time to cancel one or both of these, please suggest if there is an alternative.

Most Viewed