Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 12:11   #226
BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Thank you for mentioning the contact number. I had booked a Innova Crysta in Kolkata along with a Luggage carrier. I spoke with the customer care person who felt arrogant in her textbook response. Her response was, "Luggage carrier is subject to availability only. If not available we will issue a refund. I cant help you".

Only after I spoke with Mr Patra did he confirm that luggge carrier is not allowed to be fitted in any vehicles in West Bengal.

If this was a case of non availability due to a State Law and not non-availability due to logistical issue, Mychoize has a responsibility to let the customer know of the same.

Phone call with Mychoize customer care left me with bad taste.
Agree with you. Even I struggled with luggage carrier. Mr. Patra goes extra mile to help customers. Hence mentioned his number.
Old 8th April 2019, 15:43   #227
BHPian

Hi Team

Does anyone have contact details of someone in the Senior management / executive level in Drivezy?

I wanted to escalate an issue that I had regarding fuel reimbursement during my recent trip with a Drivezy vehicle. I am getting no help from the customer care and hence want to escalate it to get better attention.

Thanks in advance
Old 6th May 2019, 12:38   #228
BHPian

Hello all,

I am looking for self drive rental options in Coimbatore and think Zoom is the only one offering a variety of cars but I also read somewhere about some bad experience with Zoomcar.

Can you please share feedback on Zoomcar and pointers to keep in mind. It will be my first time for self drive rental option hence request experienced members to guide me on things to keep in mind and be careful about.

Will also appreciate any guidance on rental options from Coimbatore to Kodaikanal and then from Kodaikanal to Ooty.

Thanking you all for your help.
Old 9th May 2019, 10:21   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Hello all,

I am looking for self drive rental options in Coimbatore and think Zoom is the only one offering a variety of cars but I also read somewhere about some bad experience with Zoomcar.

Can you please share feedback on Zoomcar and pointers to keep in mind. It will be my first time for self drive rental option hence request experienced members to guide me on things to keep in mind and be careful about.

Will also appreciate any guidance on rental options from Coimbatore to Kodaikanal and then from Kodaikanal to Ooty.

Thanking you all for your help.
Bumping this thread up and requesting guidance from local members from Bangalore, Coimbatore region to help me decide on the self rental option.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 24th July 2019, 15:40   #230
BHPian

Hello All,

I am planning a road trip to spiti valley from 12 sept to 22 sept with self drive cars from Chandigarh. There are four major self drive car providers- Zoomcar, Revv(does not allow cars for Spiti), Mychoize and Myles. Any feedback on which one provides better car?

Thanks.

Last edited by findviru : 24th July 2019 at 15:43. Reason: correction in word
Old 13th August 2019, 18:01   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations on self-drive rental cars in North Goa please? Further, are there issues with the local taxi mafia if you do self-drive a rental?
Old 16th August 2019, 12:46   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any recommendations on self-drive rental cars in North Goa please? Further, are there issues with the local taxi mafia if you do self-drive a rental?

Not sure if I address your issue, but I saw a counter for Self rive rentals, just when you come out of Dabolim.I couldn't take a photo, as I was in Goa during the strike weekend and the hotel coach guy was frantic and rushing us up.
Again not sure about the Taxi mafia guys. Sorry on that front. If nothing works out, download Goa Miles app as a back-up.

In a different incident, I had a 5 day holiday planned with family for Odisha and had booked a zoomcar 15 days ago.
The regular places like Puri, Chilika were planned ex BBSR. The return time was wrongly put as 1 am instead of 1 pm and zoomcar charged me a 12 hour surcharge to change that. Apart from that, initially no deposit was charged as my Credit Card was on auto charge basis, however when I changed the time, it asked for a 1499 deposit.
Paid the same and a Swift AT was allotted to be picked up and dropped from Airport.
A confirmation sms that the car is waiting for me came in the morning and when we were about to board the flight at 5 pm, the dreaded canned call of 'Sir, car has met with an accident and is unavailable' came in. Alternate car i10 at another location was available and they were willing to re-imburse Taxi fare to & fro. I rejected the offer as I didn't want to go hunting for the car at 8 pm in a new city, with family in tow. They agreed for a full refund and did so immediately by IMPS. Was impressed by this atleast.
I was kind of ready for this to happen and had looked up a local company called Eduxon Cabs. Called them from the plane before take-off to check if they have a counter at the Airport, but whoever took the call was of no help. Online( they have no app for iOs) search showed no available cars.

In the meanwhile, wife found a number from Quora for a self drive company and checked with him.
He had a Beat and i20 available. The rates for i20 were at 2500/day ( without petrol, unlimited kms), which were expensive than Zoomcar, but there was no time to count a few thousands . Told him to hold the car till I landed. Another issue or boon was that the car was a private car and not a Yellow-Black number plate car.
Landed, called and negotiated for a Hotel drop for the car next morning and Airport drop on last day. The car was a 9 month old, 10000km done i20 sports version in superb condition.

Moral of the story: Always have multiple back-ups for self driven car bookings.
If anyone is interested in a self drive whilst in Bhubaneshwar, call Satyajit of SUPER DRIVE SELF DRIVEN CAR RENTAL 8327745100. I am not associated with him in any way, apart from being a recent and satisfied customer.
riteshritesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 19:40   #233
BHPian

Chennai folks, need your help/advise. I was looking for self-drive cars and came across Nisha cars (google nisha cars chennai). Though their tariffs seem reasonable, I've a few concerns. The deposit is 5k just like the other rentals. However, they demand the original passport and a check leaf before handing over the keys (and also a sign on a bond paper of some sort).

Does this seem normal? All their google reviews are 5 stars (well, at least most of them). When you look at them, do you also get the same feeling that these might be paid reviews?

Lastly, nothing like hearing from someone who has used rentals other than zoom, myles or mychoize.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:03   #234
BHPian

I have used drivezy from Rajajinagar, Palace Ground and Yelachenahalli centres.
Rajajinagar:
There is only one guy, Northie probably, who manages all the cars and at least vacuums the interiors and sprays some water before handing over the car. Rest others, just watch tiktok videos on their phones. Cars are also quite okay.
Yelachenahalli:
There are several guys who manage the cars and clean them whenever their moods take fancy. Cars are terribly maintained and ignored despite warning signals on the dashboard. I wonder where does the money allocated to maintain cars go?
Palace Ground:
The car was in terrible condition. The staff cleaned the car only after I reached there to collect it delaying 15 mins. At least, he told briefly, about cars that are in good condition and ones to avoid.

Last edited by Abhinav V : 21st August 2019 at 13:19.
Old 21st August 2019, 17:24   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
A confirmation sms that the car is waiting for me came in the morning and when we were about to board the flight at 5 pm, the dreaded canned call of 'Sir, car has met with an accident and is unavailable' came in. Alternate car i10 at another location was available and they were willing to re-imburse Taxi fare to & fro.
This seems to have become a familiar ploy of zoomcar to push their 'zap subscribe' cars. It has happened with me twice recently. And it left me quite unimpressed. Both the 'zap subscribe' cars were poorly maintained and unclean. I took them both times, as I did not have a fallback option. And zoomcar did not give me an alternative. Your suggestion to have another options makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
Arka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 13:00   #236
BHPian

Self Drive rental for Ahmedabad

Planning to hire a Self Drive vehicle for 6 days trip. Which are the operators available in Ahmedabad these days? And any feedback please?
Old 17th September 2019, 09:15   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Now, please inform which is a good self drive rental in Ahmedabad?

Travel dates are 27 Dec to Jan 3, 2019 (both inclusive).
Hi, which rental agency did you finally go with? I too am planning to take self drive rental in Ahmedabad for similar dates this year. So, interested in your feedback.

Last edited by ajmat : 17th September 2019 at 11:18.
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:14   #238
BHPian

Had a nice experience with Drivezy, at Mysore (Hotel Kalyani location). Had booked a Hyundai Grand i10 for a one-day (13 hours) trip to Shivanasamudra and Talakadu. The car allotted was an almost brand new diesel magna variant, just 6 months old.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the odo at a mere 1698km, when I went to pick it up, and first assumed it to be the trip meter reading . That number felt just too low for a 6 month old self-drive car. The exterior was unbelievably spot-less or scratch-less for a self-drive car, except for some dust on the body. I guess nobody might have been preferring the Grand i10 as the rental charges are pretty close to the Swift/Baleno. Even the interiors were clean and the car still had plastic wraps on the sunvisors, untouched. There was not even a single unwanted rattle throughout the trip.

The engine felt very smooth, and the whole drive experience felt just like driving a well-maintained private car. Of course, only god knows how long it is going to stay this way, considering the way rental vehicles are abused.

This was my third car renting experience with Drivezy, and the best one so far. Had earlier taken a Swift VDi (65000km run) and a Hyundai Eon (85000km run), and the condition of those cars had left a lot to be desired, especially the Eon which was in pretty bad shape, with the body full of dents and scratches and the rear bumper hanging out at the end.

Overall, a had a nice and positive experience.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 23rd September 2019 at 14:22.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 13:23   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
Any new user discount or coupons that a new user (me) can avail? This is my first registration for a rental booking this weekend.

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:39   #240
Senior - BHPian

I have a requirement for renting a car every now and then, perhaps 1 to 2 times a month, for a day, to go from Hyderabad to Pune and back within 24hrs. Having never rented a car myself before, I would like to ask the following questions.

1. Which is the best car rental service out there in terms of well maintained cars; no brake, clutch, suspension, turbo, heating or tyre wear issues?

2. I heard that Zoom cars are electronically limited to 80kph is there a service without such limitations? As going to Pune, finishing my work there, and then coming back to Hyderabad within 24hrs will be a little difficult with speed limitations.

Any experts out there who have experienced all the service providers, please lend your inputs

Cheers and thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks