Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 16:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Hi Guys,
Am being quoted the following rates for self drive option in Gujarat. I wanted to know if it is OK or should I just go for the taxi? My total mileage might be around 1000kms.

Indica: 1000/ day
Logan/ Swift: 1900/ day

Indica is fine for me. The rates are quoted by AUTORIDERS (Ahmedabad).
Please help!
Those rates are in line with what is available in the rest of the country.In most cities the economy cars like Indica Santro are in the range of 1000-1200 per day.Check with them if there is a mileage cap on the rate.Some of them say 1000rs per day with a limit of only 150kms per day if taken for less than 3 days.Most of the operators offer unlimited mileage for more than 3 days.Bargain with the operator to offer you unlimited mileage.Check if their spare tyre and stepney jack etc are in place.
Old 29th November 2012, 17:48   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Those rates are in line with what is available in the rest of the country.In most cities the economy cars like Indica Santro are in the range of 1000-1200 per day.Check with them if there is a mileage cap on the rate.Some of them say 1000rs per day with a limit of only 150kms per day if taken for less than 3 days.Most of the operators offer unlimited mileage for more than 3 days.Bargain with the operator to offer you unlimited mileage.Check if their spare tyre and stepney jack etc are in place.
Thanks ranjitp1,
As you mentioned there is actually a cap of 200km/ day. But that should be fine for my total trip. I do not have any prior experience of renting car for self drive, so any suggestions/ advise are welcome. They also want a refundable deposit of 25k. Do I need to ask for insurance copy/ any papers?
Old 29th November 2012, 18:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Thanks ranjitp1,
As you mentioned there is actually a cap of 200km/ day. But that should be fine for my total trip. I do not have any prior experience of renting car for self drive, so any suggestions/ advise are welcome. They also want a refundable deposit of 25k. Do I need to ask for insurance copy/ any papers?
1.Carry Insurance copy
2.PUC Original
3.RC Copy
4.Whatever agreement that you enter with Autoriders,showing that you have hired the car from them
5.Car should have the Self Drive number plate and not a taxi or a white board number plate
6.Check for condition of spare tyre.Check if the jack and spanner are placed and in working condition in the car.Do not miss out on this
7.Make sure you do a pre-delivery inspection and preferably take the car during daylight.Also test drive the car and check fuel
8.Carry your original license
9.Since its GJ,atleast the right headlamp should have a yellow tape on it.
10.Make sure you make it clear with them that in case of any problem with the car anywhere,they are to arrange for a taxi and that you are not liable to hang around with the car to get it repaired etc(its none of your business to hunt for a mechanic etc,as per rules and laws all that you should do is inform the branch and your responsibility should end there)

As for the 25k deposit thats quite high.Usually the norm is to take the advance rental upfront,but then that is dependent on the particular branch.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 29th November 2012 at 18:37.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 14:38   #79
BHPian

Hi,

I require a Self Drive Innova in Chennai from 11 pm on 25th Dec 2012 till 11pm on 29th Dec 2012 (4 days).

I have tried various agencies and none of them have. Tried with Avis , Carzonrent , Orix, CarClub, Autoriders, Getscar, AnnaiCar.

Can anyone help me
Old 1st March 2013, 16:51   #80
rkg
Senior - BHPian

did anyone had experience with carzonrent, delhi? their rates appear to be less than AVIS.

Mods: i have posted the same query in AVIS starts car rental thread. IF it is against the forum rules please delete
Old 6th March 2013, 11:37   #81
BHPian

Hope this helps for anybody who has a requirement in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Eagle-eyed Mod Vid6639 spotted an unfamiliar marked car and sure enough, his probing yielded an interesting find

Zoom cars is a brand new Bangalore based self-drive car service that was started by an American entrepreneur who decided to make Bangalore the site for his car-sharing start-up Zoom! With most cab passengers in Bangalore at the mercy of maniacal drivers, the concept of being able to rent a car on a self-drive basis sounds like a good one.

Let’s start with the basics:

If we are to self drive, then the choice of car is an important one. Ford’s Figo and Mahindra’s Scorpio in their fleet are both fun to drive and economical to run as well. Only manual transmission cars are on offer; Zoom says that they will add BMWs (oh boy!) and Electric Vehicles soon.

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-zoom_cars_jpeg.jpg

Tell Me More:

• Zoom is a brand new, membership-based, hyper-local self-drive service in Bangalore. You can hire cars on an hourly or daily basis. The technology for reservation, pick-up and drop-off results in a high level of automation.
• Vehicles (seven of them) are currently located at Brigade Gateway in Malleshwaram, but new locations will be added. If you pick up a car from a particular point, then you must drop it at the same place.
• All vehicles in their fleet have All India Permits.
• They do not provide drivers.

How Does Somebody in Bangalore Register for this Service?

• The membership process does seem easy (haven’t tested it though) and there is also a mobile app (droid or iPhone). Just create an account with your contact information and upload a photo of your driver's license.
• Anybody above the age of 21 holding a valid Light Motor Vehicle (car) License or International Driver's Permit (IDP) can join.
• Once you enrol, you can begin driving the same day.

Booking and Payment:

• Log on to their online reservation system or use the Android or iPhone apps. Select your ride and pickup location, along with start and end times for your reservation.
• The service accepts only credit / debit card payments. All payments have to be made in advance. No cash or net banking options are provided. Period.
• The minimum reservation slot is one hour; you can book on a daily basis too. The reservation can be extended using the mobile app or the connected in-car tablet provided by Zoom.
• Due to the nature of their business model, Zoom allows a 15 minute grace period for the vehicle to be returned, once your reservation is complete. However, if Zoom deems that you have inconvenienced another member by returning the vehicle after the 15 minute grace period, a Rs. 600 per hour late fee is applicable.
• If you return the car more than half hour before your reservation is scheduled to end, you get a driving credit for 50% of the amount of unused time. This can be used for any subsequent reservation.

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-zoom_cars_tariff_jpeg.jpg

The Fine Print:

Who pays for Fuel? - Zoom pays. In case you have to refuel the vehicle, submit the receipt within 7 calendar days of your reservation. Zoom says that it will happily send a full cash reimbursement to your address.
How much can I drive? - Each reservation comes with 150 kms of driving per day. As part of the launch offer, Zoom is offering unlimited driving with each reservation.
Who pays for Toll, Parking and Parking violations? - You do, dear member!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th March 2013 at 13:08.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 17:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Self Drive Options-Delhi

Does anybody have any experiences with self drive operators in Delhi.Any contact details that anybody might have?Thanks in advance.
Old 26th June 2013, 23:51   #83

Hello All,

I am looking for self drive car for 3 months in Bangalore. Can you please help me and suggest best rental agencies and your experience with them.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_safe View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for self drive car for 3 months in Bangalore. Can you please help me and suggest best rental agencies and your experience with them.
Autoriders is good at Bangalore.www.autoriders.net
Old 10th August 2013, 15:22   #85
BHPian

GetsCar Rent-A-Car - Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Last week, rented a Ritz from a company named getscar in aminjikarai, Chennai @2000 per day.
Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
Had an opportunity to rent out a Chevy-Enjoy from these folks last week for a run to Bangalore. There are no swanky offices & getting there can be a chore, but the staff were really great Everything about an unknown vehicle that matters to drivers about to take one out was explained & demonstrated clearly.

Per-day rent for the "Enjoy" was 3K & any Kms more than the per-day limit of 300 Kms was charged at Rs.6-per-Km. The Enjoy was just 2 months old & resulted in a painless drive to Bangalore & back. Would recommend these folks for those looking for a value-for-money rental agency
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 12:43   #86

Re: Self Drive Options-Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Does anybody have any experiences with self drive operators in Delhi.Any contact details that anybody might have?Thanks in advance.
I have used carzonrent, but it was in 2009, they are professional, but slightly on the expensive side, and they try to take every opportunity to charge you extra money, so be ware of that.

At that time we booked a Swift, at the price of Rs. 1500 per day, for two days. After insurance, riders and taxes, the total amount for two days came to Rs. 5200. So its not cheap.
niladri83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 10:26   #87
BHPian

Has anyone used selfdrive.in to rent a self-drive car in Pune? Are they reliable?
Old 18th October 2013, 22:43   #88
BHPian

Hi

Looking to hire a self drive car from Jaipur preferably for a Rajasthan roadtrip (and avoid Delhi which has multiple options but adds to the time taken and distance traveled - I'm a resident of Bangalore) Think Orix has service there but could not find much info about vehicle options and charges at their site.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:57   #89
BHPian

Hi

Have a bit of a complicated trip plan. I am looking for a self drive rental that originates from Delhi but who will need to drop the car at Udaipur from where I will pick it up. I am willing to look at them also providing a driver to drop the car from Delhi to Upaipur, and I will pay for his return trip back to Delhi through other transport. I will drop the car back in Delhi after a Rajasthan road trip on the way back. Request if someone could provide any information about travel agencies who can customize the same

Regards
Old 27th November 2013, 18:08   #90
Team-BHP Support

Carzonrent has introduced Myles, a self-drive car rental service. With plans to operate a fleet of 5000 cars in 35 cities across India, the company is investing an estimated Rs. 400 crore on the project over the next three years.

Link to News Article

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-carzonrent.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 27th November 2013 at 18:10.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks