Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 18:04   #331

Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Hi Everyone,

I am travelling to Coorg with my 2 year old toddler and planning to hire a self-drive rental for the first time. Can anyone guide me on:

1. If ZoomCar/Revv delivers the car directly on the Bengaluru airport?
2. Has anyone travelled with a child seat and installed it in a ZoomCar/Revv and faced any issues from them?
Old 5th April 2023, 12:51   #332
BHPian

Has anybody rented a self drive at Bhubaneswar, Orissa? I saw Revv online which is familiar and Drivo, which seems to be a local outfit. If anybody has rented one please share your feedback.

Last edited by hothatchaway : 5th April 2023 at 12:52.
Old 5th May 2023, 11:52   #333
Senior - BHPian

Dear Team,
Which is the preferred self drive car rental of choice in Delhi?
My primary objective is a well maintained vehicle with proper paperwork.
Need to hire one for 10 odd days from Delhi to Corbett, some hill stations and back to Delhi.
Appreciate your inputs.
Thanks in advance!
Old 25th May 2023, 13:38   #334
BHPian

Hello all. Need recommendations for self drive car rental agencies in Chandigarh. The vehicle would be required for travelling to Himachal. A Google search throws up many options but not sure about any of them.
Old 25th May 2023, 14:05   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Hello all. Need recommendations for self drive car rental agencies in Chandigarh. The vehicle would be required for travelling to Himachal. A Google search throws up many options but not sure about any of them.
We rented a Zoomcar from the Chandigargh airport last September and it was a pleasant experience. Would recommend. Havent tried the other options.
Proxima is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 17:05   #336
BHPian

Hi,
Planning a trip to Spiti valley in August for 5 people from Chandigarh. I want to get a large 4x4 vehicle like Scorpio or Fortuner. Any leads on self drive rentals would help a lot. Checked Zoomcar and Revv but the preferred vehicles are not available.
Thanks in advance.
Old 15th June 2023, 19:52   #337
BHPian

I am looking for self drive car rental in Nashik. Found one or two sites offering that, but there is no response from them. Incase you have any details, please let me know. Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 07:24   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Hi,
Planning a trip to Spiti valley in August for 5 people from Chandigarh. I want to get a large 4x4 vehicle like Scorpio or Fortuner. Any leads on self drive rentals would help a lot. Checked Zoomcar and Revv but the preferred vehicles are not available.
Thanks in advance.
Given the typical abused vehicles in various rentals you’re taking a huge risk going to Spiti in one of them.
Old 16th June 2023, 18:14   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We rented an i20 from a company named TS Drives (https://ts-drives.business.site/) in Bengaluru. The experience was positive.

If you are looking for a car in Bengaluru, please consider talking to them. I have not had a better experience while renting a car from anyone else so far.
I rented an Ertiga from them based on your review and had a good experience as well. Thank you!

The vehicle had run only 9000 odd kms and was mechanically in pristine condition. As I wanted to leave early, they arranged a drop off the previous night. The car was with another customer and they drove it straight to me so it had not been cleaned - there were some popcorn kernels and other particles in the car. I understand they did not have time as they delivered it to me the night before so let that slide.

Due to the lateness of the hour, I informed them I would inspect the car the next morning and share photos and a video prior to using it (ensured the odo stayed the same till this was done). They were happy to oblige. As it was dirty upon delivery, some scratches / chipped paint not visible earlier were discovered after the car was cleaned by the staff at the resort I was staying it - so they were visible upon returning the vehicle.

I had no issues with the handover, and have received the deposit I paid sans the fastag charges 2 days after handover.

Overall a pleasant hassle-free experience, including the drop / pick up at my location. I would hire from them again.

Note This was a white number plate car, and they only gave me an enlarged copy of the RC - not the original / colour copy. I was provided with PUC and insurance details. The agreement I signed did have an indemnity clause (fairly standard) though I was told insurance would be claimed if necessary. This was verbal of course so I took that with a pinch of salt. As with all self drive cars, especially with these white board ones, there is an element of risk here, so buyer beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone guide me on:

Has anyone travelled with a child seat and installed it in a ZoomCar/Revv and faced any issues from them?
I understand this is no longer relevant to you but I am responding for the benefit of other users here. I did drive a rented car from 'TS Drives' with a car seat using the ISOFIX. I had mentioned this to them and had no issues.

Last edited by Coyote : 16th June 2023 at 18:18. Reason: Adding RC, PUC and Insurance details.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:22   #340
Senior - BHPian

Between May and June of this year, I availed of two self drive rentals within a span of a few weeks and faced vastly different experiences.

1. In May 2023, we went on vacation to Uttarakhand and took a self drive rental from Delhi. The rental company was MyChoize, (yes, choice spelt with a "Zee" .
Very positive experience right from the time of booking the vehicle on the App, to it getting delivered at my Delhi hotel. The vehicle chosen was a Toyota Urban Cruiser, manual transmission. It had done close to 65k kms but was in spic and span condition. No bodywork damages - at least visibly, all fluids topped up, clean lube condition, decent condition of tyres, mechanically fit with no clutch shudder etc, all lamps and indicators working, clean interiors, all vehicle papers in order. It was an enjoyable vacation and when i returned the car after 10 days the process was hassle free as well.

2. The second rental I picked up in Chennai. It was a Santro, manual transmission. The rental company was REVV. This was the third time I was hiring a car from REVV and my two previous experiences with them were okay.
In fact I was seriously considering MyChoize in Chennai as well, but decided to go for REVV as i needed a small runabaout and MyChoize had vehicle's starting from Baleno upwards in Chennai.

The dissappointments started soon.
I booked a Santro and the delivery spot was at 8AM on a MONDAY morning at my service apartment located right behind Taj Coromandel, Nungambakkam, Chennai.

First the car was late in arriving. It cam at 8:20AM. Excuse was car keys could not be located initially.
Next the SANTRO's condition: Suffice to say that in my 40 years of driving I have never come across such a glorious piece of moving scrap, ever.

The SANTRO had done 70k kms. It had:

• Dents and scratches all over its bodywork

• Paint bubbling and corrosion on all body panels

• The battery retaining strap was missing. The battery was tied to the battery tray with a household cable/wire. The negative terminal of the battery was loose and it was force tightened with a screw pierced in and hammered into the top of the negative terminal. As you know an automobile battery contains highly concentrated sulphuric acid. Had the battery toppled over and it could have, easily, the entire battery acid would have spilt out resulting in an underbonnet fire and possibly an explosion.

• Spare wheel had NO AIR in it! I had to fill air in the spare tyre.

• The windshield washer tank was empty. I had to top it up with screenwash fluid.

• One headlight, left front was not working.

• One tail light was not working

• All tyres had wildly fluctuating tyre pressures. I corrected all air pressures personally.

The latest insurance copy printout was not in the car. Neither the Pollution Under Control certificate or a copy of the Smart Card. REVV later sent them over WhatsApp to my phone.

The delivery boy, Mr. Ashok, was very nice but as his responsibility was just to “drop – off and pick – up” vehicles he could not answer my questions on the poor condition of the vehicle. However, he was nice enough to connect me to his supervisor in Chennai, with whom I spoke.

• The Supervisor was completely clueless. He started giving all sorts of excuses as to his “service team did not take care of the vehicle, S'aar”. “Service team comes in very late at 9am, but the vehicle was delivered to me at 8am, no one was there, S'aar” – and all sorts of creative bluffing.

I did not want to take the car but as I was already running late for my appointments for the day, I documented and photographed everything and took the Santro.

I sent the pictures and an email to REVV's customer care with pictures.
I received a stock reply as to how their hearts were bleeding on seeing the condition of the vehicle and that they, like a good boy, will not repeat this again. Well, I don't know what to say.

Moral of the story:
Do not take anything for granted w.r.t. self drive rental agencies in the land of Bharat. They do not seem to follow a well defined vehicle maintenance and upkeep process. Unlike internationally, where if you take a rental from EuropCar, Alamo, AVIS, Sixt etc, etc ; you are assured of a minimum level of quality for your hired car.

A vehicle is a mechanical object and when you are taking it on rent mechanical fitness should be the top criteria. Your life literally depends on that box in wheels!
Sad to see that these new age "start-up" companies paying scant heed to such matters.
Attached Thumbnails
Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-my-choize-rental-brezza.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-corrosion-left-front-door.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-rhs-rear-door.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-right-rear-side-window.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-right-rear-sill-hole.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-door-sill-right-side-under-driver-door.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-dent-tail-gate.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-battery-strap-missing_negative-terminal-held-screw.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro-front-reg.jpg  

Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies-santro_rear.jpg  

arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 15:37   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Very positive experience right from the time of booking the vehicle on the App, to it getting delivered at my Delhi hotel. The vehicle chosen was a Toyota Urban Cruiser, manual transmission. .
This seems to have a commercial yellow color license plate, instead of the black plate for self drive rentals. Did that not cause any issues?
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:00   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This seems to have a commercial yellow color license plate, instead of the black plate for self drive rentals. Did that not cause any issues?
No. In fact I had the same question. "MyChoize" which is basically ORIX vehicle leasing firm's self drive arm, told me that since quite a few years, yellow plate vehicles which are less than 8 seaters can be driven on a personal LMV licence in India. The folder which contained the vehicle papers also had some Government order to this effect.
Old 4th July 2023, 11:59   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitnair View Post
I am looking for self drive car rental in Nashik. Found one or two sites offering that, but there is no response from them. Incase you have any details, please let me know. Thanks
Found one self drive option in Nashik called "Rent and Ride" +91 70201 82071. They have car and 2 wheelers for rental. Google reviews are good. I did sepak to them regarding the car rental options. But eventually didn't take one and relied on cab.
Old 12th July 2023, 15:12   #344
BHPian

Hi All

Bumping an old thread for a personal query.

We are planning for an year end trip for Chennai- Pondicherry-Mahabalipuram sector and would like to avail a sefl-driven car.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 12th July 2023, 15:39   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
We are planning for an year end trip for Chennai- Pondicherry-Mahabalipuram sector and would like to avail a sefl-driven car.
Try Indusgo

Indus Motors is a leading Maruti Dealer in Kerala. Had used their service in 2020, October. The vehicle was neatly maintained and customer service was excellent

In my case the Spare wheel was punctured and damaged beyond repair. Noticed it only on next day of taking delivery of vehicle. Luckily didn’t have to endure any troubles in the trip and hence the unusable spare tire did not see duty.

As always check indicators, wipers, spare wheel, fluids etc before taking delivery of vehicle
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks