Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 09:41   #316

Re: Route query to Wayanad

Planning to do Bangalore to Wayanad road trip. Request suggestions for the following:
1) Recommended car rental service (Zoomcar/Revv/Vroomdrive)
2) Best possible route
3) Any specific protocols wrt Covid ( test results etc. )

Thanks in advance for all your valuable inputs.
Old 14th March 2022, 10:56   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornWinner7 View Post
Planning to do Bangalore to Wayanad road trip. Request suggestions for the following:
2) Best possible route

We did a Bangalore-Wayand-Bangalore trip in March 1st week. Route taken was same, both ways. Bangalore->Nice Road-->Mysore Road-->Mysore (outer ring road)-->Gundlupete-->Sultan Bathery (by taking right at Gundlupete) -->Wayanad

Roads are good, apart from the smaller sections of Mysore Road.

Shivalli Chowki is a good place to stop for breakfast while going to Wayanad. However it comes on the other side of the road (opp to the more crowded and older Shivalli):

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sh...4!4d77.1404376

Weather is pretty hot and dry, so plan/pack accordingly.

Last edited by TSEA : 14th March 2022 at 10:57.
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:45   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) Best possible route

Would suggest you mention the name of the resort you are staying or the location in Wayanad you are headed to so that members can respond accordingly. Wayanad is a fairly large district with three major towns- Sultan Bathery, Mananthavady, and Kalpetta. There is no specific town called Wayanad.
There are no covid checks at KA-KL border now. While returning, KA checkpost MAY ask for your vaccination certificates. Do remember to wear a mask, maintain standard covid practices when you are outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
(by taking right at Gundlupete) -->Wayanad
You must be referring to Kalpetta ?
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:47   #319
SGK
BHPian

Quote:
2) Best possible route

Kindly find the response based on my travel during first week of February'22.

For point -1, I only had experience with Zoomcar once in the past and it was neutral before Pandemic, never had any experience with Revv/Vroomdrive. Probably would suggest posting this specific query in related thread so you get better response.

For point-2 as mentioned by TSEA, I also took this route Bangalore->Nice Road-->Mysore Road-->Mysore (outer ring road) -->Gundlupete-->Sultan Bathery (by taking right at Gundlupete) -->Wayanad and it was pretty good except few ongoing road work and related diversions. It took around 5.5 to 6 hours. Also point to note, try to have your food break between Bangalore and Mysore, as I didn't see any major food option between Mysore to Sultanbathery ( atleast during Feb'22).

For point-3, While entering Kerala we were asked to show the double vaccination certificate (Only for adults) and while entering KA we were required to produce negative RTPCR, but now that rule is withdrawn with effect from 14-Feb and produce double vaccination certificate. But please check the latest guidelines during your travel.
SGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 16:57   #320

The location in Wayanad will be Vythiri.

Thank you all for the valuable inputs.
Old 11th May 2022, 17:36   #321
BHPian

Planning to do a trip to Jungle Retreat from Coimbatore. I have checked with people on the road conditions till Chamrajnagar and it seems to be good. How are the roads from Chamrajnagar -> Gundlupet -> Sulthan Bathery?

What documents do they check at the checkposts these days? TIA.
Old 6th September 2022, 19:13   #322
BHPian

I have a question but relarted to present rains and would really appreciate the views of fellow bhpians
Had a long delayed plan to travel to wayanad -vythri from bangalore-marathahalli this Friday, people who know of this route , can you please share if it's advisable , manageable or absolutely needs to be avoided , I really don't want to postpone this trip so really looking for inputs
If can be done , what route will be the safest if that can please also be shared
Thanks in advance
Old 7th September 2022, 10:36   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
I have a question but relarted to present rains
The only issue that you will face, if any will be limited to Bangalore - Ramanagar stretch. That too, as of now is not an issue.

If I was in your place, will decide on going ahead. Just take a call based on weather if you want to take Mysore road or Kanakapura road.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 12:50   #324
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians.

I'm planning a journey from Coimbatore to Wayanad (Thirunnelli). Not a pleasure trip, basically looking for the quickest way there.
I'm confused on which road to take. I've been contemplating taking the Coonoor - Ooty - Gudalur - Sulthan Bathery route.
Google maps is suggesting the Annur-Dhimbham-Somwarapet-Gundlupet-Muthanga-Sulthan Bathery route. I'll be driving in a Toyota Fortuner with my family of five.
Also please suggest good restaurants along the way (also suitable for restroom breaks).

Thank you in advance.
Old 14th December 2023, 15:23   #325
Senior - BHPian

My friend is travelling from Vythiri to Thiruvalla on Xmas eve. Google is showing below options

1. Kunnamangalam - Kozhikode bypass - Guruvayoor - Paalarivattom - Aalapuzha

2. Malappuram - Perinthalmanna - Thrissur - Anakamaly - Kottayam

3. Adivaram - Kodenchery - Thiruvamabady skipping Thamarasery to join Mukkam and then join Option 2

Please suggest the best option considering the ongoing road work and the holiday traffic. Ride is a Scorpio and GC is not an issue, but the road surface condition matters!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks