Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2021, 13:27   #2896
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Hi Folks,

Need help on the cvoid test requirements while exit and re-entry to karnataka.

We have an urgent necessity to travel to Mumbai from Bangalore. We will leave on Sunday (14th March) early morning, reach Mumbai by night and plan to leave Mumbai on Monday (15th March) morning and back to Bangalore in the night.

1. Do we need a covid -ve report for entry into maharashtra?
2. Is it required for re-entry into karnataka?
3. If required, and if I get a test done in bangalore tomorrow (13th march), will it be sufficient for re-entry on Monday or should I get a test done in Mumbai and then come back?

I would want to keep contacts minimal during the trip and would prefer if the Bangalore test results still valid (if its a requirement)

Request if someone who has recently traveled to Mumbai/ Bangalore advise please. Looks like rules change frequently as well!

Just read a report where they decided to let the MSRTC buses into karnataka from last week without a covid test done for passengers, but it is still mandated for people traveling in their own vehicles. So, I am thoroughly confused and any inputs in this regard will be very helpful ��

Thanks
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:40   #2897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
1. Do we need a covid -ve report for entry into maharashtra?
You can check the latest rules applicable for the state of Maharashtra.
Quote:
2. Is it required for re-entry into karnataka?
This is a requirement since I know few of my friends including a BHPian who drove from Mumbai to Karnataka with his parents carrying Covid -ve report. This was as of 10 days back.
Quote:
3. If required, and if I get a test done in bangalore tomorrow (13th march), will it be sufficient for re-entry on Monday or should I get a test done in Mumbai and then come back?
As long as the report is not older than 72 hours, you are good.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:49   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You can check the latest rules applicable for the state of Maharashtra.
This is a requirement since I know few of my friends including a BHPian who drove from Mumbai to Karnataka with his parents carrying Covid -ve report. This was as of 10 days back.
As long as the report is not older than 72 hours, you are good.
Thank you for the quick reply! Really appreciate the advice

If its a requirement for entering into KA, then I might as well get it done tomorrow since the re-entry will be within 72 hours and it will serve the purpose if we are asked for it while entering MH.

Thanks again for the super quick help
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:21   #2899
Senior - BHPian

Just travelled from Pune to Belagavi (and back to Pune on the same day) yesterday (23-Mar-2021). The traffic was a little less and the MH registered cars were stopped just before the Kognoli toll booth and we were asked details like where we were coming from and where we were going to etc. Once they saw our Covid-19 negative test report, they let us continue.

Not sure if there is any checking in buses or bikes etc.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 02:30   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Just travelled from Pune to Belagavi (and back to Pune on the same day) yesterday (23-Mar-2021). The traffic was a little less and the MH registered cars were stopped just before the Kognoli toll booth and we were asked details like where we were coming from and where we were going to etc. Once they saw our Covid-19 negative test report, they let us continue.

Not sure if there is any checking in buses or bikes etc.
I’m travelling from Vellore to Gujarat in the next few weeks and needed inputs on Covid -ve report 72 hours validity. Is the Validity counted from time of Swab Collection or When the -Ve Report is received?

Also is there any cap on how many people can travel in car and would the law enforcement causing trouble since it’s a TN board vehicle? We do have a valid reason to travel as we have to attend a wedding and we do have a wedding card.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th March 2021 at 07:06. Reason: their > there.
Old 29th March 2021, 07:32   #2901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
I’m travelling from Vellore to Gujarat in the next few weeks and needed inputs on Covid -ve report 72 hours validity. Is the Validity counted from time of Swab Collection or When the -Ve Report is received?
What i presume, it would be 72 hours from the time mentioned on the report. Plan your journey (timings and date) depending on when you receive the test report since you basically have a longer distance and multiple states to cover.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 08:42   #2902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post

Also is there any cap on how many people can travel in car and would the law enforcement causing trouble since it’s a TN board vehicle? We do have a valid reason to travel as we have to attend a wedding and we do have a wedding card.
I am not aware if Karnataka is checking for RT-PCR test results for vehicles entering Karnataka from Tamil Nadu. It was setup at Kerala and Maharashtra borders. So in all likelihood when you are travelling from Vellore to Gujarat, you are unlikely to be stopped anywhere in Karnataka for checking. However Gujrat has started checking for Covid-19 negative RT-PCR results as per this news.

In Maharashtra, after almost every toll booth on the Banaglore->Pune highway, you will find traffic police checking vehicles. So as long as you are carrying all papers you should be okay.

Please be warned that Maharashtra could go into a lockdown any time. As of now "The state administration has banned gathering of five or more persons between 8 pm and 7 am. Cinema halls, malls, restaurants, and public spaces like beaches and gardens too will be shut in those hours."

I suggest keep a close watch on the emerging situation and then decide accordingly. Unless absolutely necessary, avoiding travel would be the best.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 10:21   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
What i presume, it would be 72 hours from the time mentioned on the report. Plan your journey (timings and date) depending on when you receive the test report since you basically have a longer distance and multiple states to cover.
I looked at the RT-PCR test which I took last month and the pdf “ ICMR Specimen Referral Form for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV2)” form does have the date only but no time is mentioned. If I show this form for sure, police will raise objections of time not being mentioned.
Old 1st April 2021, 19:25   #2904
BHPian

Is RT-PCR test certificate needed to enter Maharashtra from Karnataka? Travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai by car on Saturday.

I know, while returning to Karnataka, it's needed.
Wanted to know MH has any requirements of that sort now?
Old 30th April 2021, 13:53   #2905
BHPian

Hi Team,

Has there been any betterment in conditions of of roads from Chitradurga to Belagavi?

Last time when we went 4 months ago, the flyovers were still in process of construction & generally a pain to drive in a loaded low slung car on the badly marked service roads.

Is there an ETA given out by NHAI on completion of all stretches & opening up of the 6 lane highway?

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 30th April 2021 at 13:54. Reason: hi
Old 30th April 2021, 14:46   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Hi Team,

Has there been any betterment in conditions of of roads from Chitradurga to Belagavi?

Last time when we went 4 months ago, the flyovers were still in process of construction & generally a pain to drive in a loaded low slung car on the badly marked service roads.

Is there an ETA given out by NHAI on completion of all stretches & opening up of the 6 lane highway?
Yes, the roads are in much better condition than what it was 4 months back.
Old 7th May 2021, 15:38   #2907
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Hubli from Bangalore this Sunday. Any idea if i would be stopped?
Old 10th May 2021, 20:18   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
I am planning to travel to Hubli from Bangalore this Sunday. Any idea if i would be stopped?
Just an update. I left Bangalore on the morning of 9th May'21 around 4 30 am and reached Hubli at 10 30 am. Thankfully the police had not come out to enforce the lockdown and we were able to reach without any hindrances.
chetancm7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 16:51   #2909
BHPian

Hey Folks,

Wanted to know if road travel between KA and MH is allowed during current lockdown? I might need to travel to Mumbai for family emergency in 3-4 days max.
I want to avoid air travel at this moment, so is there a provision to go by road?
Also, would be great to know if anyone did travel during this time and hear their experience.
Old 30th May 2021, 18:09   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Hey Folks,

Wanted to know if road travel between KA and MH is allowed during current lockdown? I might need to travel to Mumbai for family emergency in 3-4 days max.
I want to avoid air travel at this moment, so is there a provision to go by road?
Also, would be great to know if anyone did travel during this time and hear their experience.
I don't know the answer to your question, but would yet like to recommend air travel after taking the following precautions, which seems to have proved effective for us:

Travel tips, based on what we did for our DEL-BOM-BLR travel in late 4/2021 (traveled solo till BOM, picked up 80+ aged parents from BOM and went onward to BLR):

Used N95 mask with a cloth mask over it and then a face shield, *door to door*.

And carried a sanitizer bottle, taking care to sanitize every now and then, eg if you touch surfaces (incl armrests of chairs, etc). And avoided touching face areas.

And minimised the time window for which we were unprotected (eg. Lowering of mask to drink water, eat food, etc; that is, we consciously tried to finish the act quickly).

And took care to go far from people as far as possible. Especially more so when eating in the airport.

In the intermediate halt in my parents home in Mumbai, I came home and had bath *first thing* going directly into bathroom without touching/sitting anywhere, removing all clothes into a plastic bag, and thoroughly sanitizing phone, wallet, etc with sanitizer. Ditto after reaching final destination BLR.
vharihar is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks