Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
  Search this Thread
1,609,130 views
Old 31st May 2021, 16:23   #2911
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,754
Thanked: 7,058 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Wanted to know if road travel between KA and MH is allowed during current lockdown? I might need to travel to Mumbai for family emergency in 3-4 days max.
MH has a ePass system - you need to apply there to get entry into the MH. If you have valid ePass, existing KA shouldn't be a problem - you will be stopped, checked and upon seeing ePass, let go.

There is no clarity on the return leg though - I am in the same boat as you. Happily stranded outside KA until today - situation changes tomorrow onwards as Kid's schools start online mode and we have zero support here. (books, laptop/ tablet, better connectivity to support three video calls at a time!) I have noted that Belgaum has strict lockdown policy - so do not stray outside NH48.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:58   #2912
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,897
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
MH has a ePass system - you need to apply there to get entry into the MH. If you have valid ePass, existing KA shouldn't be a problem - you will be stopped, checked and upon seeing ePass, let go.

There is no clarity on the return leg though - I am in the same boat as you. Happily stranded outside KA until today - situation changes tomorrow onwards as Kid's schools start online mode and we have zero support here. (books, laptop/ tablet, better connectivity to support three video calls at a time!) I have noted that Belgaum has strict lockdown policy - so do not stray outside NH48.
AFAIK MH issues an epass only for exiting the state, nothing as such to enter apart from the mandatory RTPCR -ve test report, please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 2nd June 2021 at 09:04.
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 2nd June 2021, 15:37   #2913
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,754
Thanked: 7,058 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
AFAIK MH issues an epass only for exiting the state, nothing as such to enter apart from the mandatory RTPCR -ve test report, please correct me if I am wrong.
Applies for entry as well. Just last week a close friend travelled back to Pune from Goa. Had -ve report as well as ePass. Was stopped at a few places in MH and checked for the details.
abirnale is offline  
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:45   #2914
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,897
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Applies for entry as well. Just last week a close friend travelled back to Pune from Goa. Had -ve report as well as ePass. Was stopped at a few places in MH and checked for the details.
Ok, if possible can you please share the link where we can get an entry pass? Following is the link that I could find which doesn't have any option to request for an entry pass.
https://covid19.mhpolice.in/

Thanks in advance.
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 6th June 2021, 12:47   #2915
BHPian
 
targaryen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 60
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Friends, due to an elderly relative living alone in Bangalore, I will have to travel from Ahmedabad to Bangalore this week. Thanks to the forum and this thread, I have decided on the route. I will be driving from Ahmedabad to Pune in the first leg of the journey and will be stopping over in Pune at night before leaving for Bangalore the next day. I have been able to get details regarding restrictions in Maharashtra and will be carrying an RT-PCR test result and an E-Pass for the same. However, I will be reaching Bangalore in the night on the next day and I am not sure about the restrictions in Karnataka, especially for entry into Bangalore at night for an outstation passenger vehicle. Can anyone shed some light on this? It would be really helpful.
targaryen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 10:03   #2916
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,897
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Can anyone shed some light on this? It would be really helpful.
I dont have the latest updates for KA but the epass from MH and the RTPCR reports will more than be enough to prove your reason for travel.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 12:15   #2917
BHPian
 
automachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 122
Thanked: 64 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
However, I will be reaching Bangalore in the night on the next day and I am not sure about the restrictions in Karnataka, especially for entry into Bangalore at night for an outstation passenger vehicle. Can anyone shed some light on this? It would be really helpful.
RT-PCR is needed if you are entering into Maharashtra/Karnataka. Other than that rules are pretty blur so I guess you would need to convince the police at numerous check points with reasons like medical emergency of the elderly. I would suggest you to postpone travel till after 14th June when lockdown in Karnataka might be eased unless its an emergency.
Incidentally I am planning a reverse trip than yours from Bangalore to Ahmedabad-Shamlaji to visit my mom. However that may happen after the current Karnataka lockdown ends on June 14th and also because I am getting vaccinated as arranged by my office this week.
Do you have any idea if hotels on highways are open for stay?
automachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 12:34   #2918
BHPian
 
targaryen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 60
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I dont have the latest updates for KA but the epass from MH and the RTPCR reports will more than be enough to prove your reason for travel.
Thank you! I believe the same should be enough. I am primarily concerned about the restrictions within Bangalore as I will be entering Bangalore quite late in the night. Hopefully, the highways should not be a problem with the RT-PCR reports and an e-pass in Maharashtra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Incidentally I am planning a reverse trip than yours from Bangalore to Ahmedabad-Shamlaji to visit my mom. However that may happen after the current Karnataka lockdown ends on June 14th and also because I am getting vaccinated as arranged by my office this week.
Do you have any idea if hotels on highways are open for stay?
I have checked with Ibis Hinjewadi in Pune and they were accepting bookings. I would suggest to confirm once more before leaving. Hopefully it should not be much of a problem after 14th June.
targaryen is offline  
Old 7th June 2021, 21:14   #2919
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 4
Thanked: 12 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
d I am not sure about the restrictions in Karnataka, especially for entry into Bangalore at night for an outstation passenger vehicle. .
I did this leg and was on Bangalore on 5th evening, reaching at 10 PM. There were no additional checks in Bangalore. The only check we had was on the border. I took the Nice road to Electronics city and did not go inside the city.
iamsandeep is offline  
Old 8th June 2021, 08:48   #2920
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,897
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

I tried to take an epass for Maharashtra from Kolhapur to Pune, got a reply-
Pass rejected - ई पास सेवा पुढील आदेशापर्यंत बंद करण्यात आली आहे (The e-pass service is closed until further notice). I believe no epass is required now except if travelling to Level 5 zone, which I guess none of the districts in MH are as of now.
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 8th June 2021, 21:10   #2921
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 303
Thanked: 424 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Friends, due to an elderly relative living alone in Bangalore, I will have to travel from Ahmedabad to Bangalore this week. Thanks to the forum and this thread, I have decided on the route. I will be driving from Ahmedabad to Pune in the first leg of the journey and will be stopping over in Pune at night before leaving for Bangalore the next day. I have been able to get details regarding restrictions in Maharashtra and will be carrying an RT-PCR test result and an E-Pass for the same. However, I will be reaching Bangalore in the night on the next day and I am not sure about the restrictions in Karnataka, especially for entry into Bangalore at night for an outstation passenger vehicle. Can anyone shed some light on this? It would be really helpful.
I have traveled Ahmedabad-Bangalore multiple times when I used to be in Ahmedabad. My itinerary used to be start early from Ahmedabad and comfortably reach Satara by 7ish pm. Next day start from Satara by 5 am and reach Bangalore by evening. Unless required I suggest you too try to hit Satara. With minimal traffic on highway and at tolls, you can comfortably do this in present time. RTPCR is a must when entering and within Bangalore. Inside Bangalore checks are random and it depends on your luck.
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 17:24   #2922
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 255
Thanked: 175 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Hi There!

No updates for a while. Just wondering on the travel conditions - what are tje current requirements for travel between maharashtra and karnataka. Want make a trip to bangalore, have been putting it off for more than a year.

If anyone is aware of the recent situation kindly do post. Thanks
cyberwhizs is offline  
Old 14th July 2021, 15:09   #2923
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mysuru
Posts: 1,755
Thanked: 1,274 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
Just an update. I left Bangalore on the morning of 9th May'21 around 4 30 am and reached Hubli at 10 30 am. Thankfully the police had not come out to enforce the lockdown and we were able to reach without any hindrances.
How are the diversions on this stretch? Still work in progress or complete?
goandude is offline  
Old 14th July 2021, 15:23   #2924
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 7,148
Thanked: 27,126 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How are the diversions on this stretch? Still work in progress or complete?
As of last week, very few remain. Marking is also complete in nearly every section of the Durga - Hubli stretch.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 15:40   #2925
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 63 Times
Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How are the diversions on this stretch? Still work in progress or complete?
My recent trip was on 30th of June. The stretch from Davangere to Hubli has few diversions as of now. But not like earlier wherein there was a diversion at every few kms. It has improved a lot and though i cruised around 80 to 90 kmph it took 6 hours for me to reach Bangalore from Hubli.
chetancm7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks