Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 19:59   #2956
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

After the Hubli-Dharwad bypass ends, after gabbur toll naka towards bengaluru there are cameras installed on a beam right at the intersection.I have been flashed almost everytime I have passed through at varying speeds but never received any challan.Are those speed cameras or do they serve some other purpose?
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:02   #2957
BHPian

The new Chitradurga By-pass on Pune Bangalore highway is now OPEN!
Butter smooth road and no speed breakers(unlike the old one)

PS: The road is not yet updated on Google maps
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20210916114556__01.jpg  

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-2021_0916_023209_003__01.jpg  

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-2021_0916_022925_001.jpg  

alokn87 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:28   #2958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
The new Chitradurga By-pass on Pune Bangalore highway is now OPEN!
Butter smooth road and no speed breakers(unlike the old one)

PS: The road is not yet updated on Google maps
It's been few days since folks started to take this newly done bypass and a much needed one that connects you to two extreme ends of Chitradurga.

A friend captured this day time pic on last Friday.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-img20210910wa0068.jpg

Also a good time saver to get onto Chitradurga Hospet Highway due to a well designed interchange.

Commendable progress I feel because this was the status of the interchange when seen from Hospet Chitradurga road when I drove to Hampi in Feb.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-img_20210214_132936.jpg

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-img_20210214_132943.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th September 2021 at 12:35.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:00   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Not specific to the Road conditions. But I travelled from Bangalore to Mumbai and back by Flight from 08.09.21 to 15.09.21, the below is regarding RT-PCR.
1. You need an RT PCR travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai IF you have not completed 15 days post your second vaccination dose only. If its beyond 15 days, this is not required. I had not completed 15 days, so had to provide the RT-PCR upon landing at Mumbai airport.
2. You need an RT-PCR when travelling from Mumbai to Bangalore irrespective of your vaccination status. At Mumbai airport, I saw many passengers who were initially prevented from boarding at Mumbai since they didn't have an RT-PCR. They eventually boarded. Not sure what was the arrangement, but it is inconvenient if not done prior to departure.
3. The test needs to be within 72 hours of Swab Collection for entering Bangalore and 72 hours of report generation for entering Mumbai. So dual rules here as well.
4. In the report, they only look at the name and the status (not detected, negative etc).
I know someone who simply modified the date in the pdf and used it on both journeys. However not recommended as it could lead to fines/ de-boarding and what not if they check the QR code of the report.
5. Showing soft copies is allowed, however I prefer hard copies, since it saves time. On the phone you need to show Eticket, RT-PCR, then boarding pass then ID card. It leads to a delay and too many screens.
6. The test cost Rs.800 in Mumbai and from Rs.1200 to Rs.1400 in Bangalore. So multiply by number of members travelling (after vaccination status) to arrive at the final overhead to your travel cost. :-)

Last edited by hrman : 16th September 2021 at 13:04.
Old 16th September 2021, 13:24   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It's been few days since folks started to take this newly done bypass and a much needed one that connects you to two extreme ends of Chitradurga.
I travelled on the same road on Monday and the barricades were still there.But, Yesterday finally the road was officially open and I was elated!

The road seemed ready since months ago and thats why I had posted here few weeks back enquiring whether its complete and if yes why they have not opened.
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 16:35   #2961
BHPian

Hello,

Due to an emergency, we need to travel to Bangalore from Pune.

My wife and I, we are getting our second dose of vaccination tomorrow.

I'm planning to leave tomorrow by 6pm and stop over at Belgaum continue to Bangalore the day after.

Can somebody please clarify -
1. Is RT-PCR required while crossing from MH to KA ?
2. If its required, considering we will be just vaccinated tomorrow, will they issue an RT-PCR ?
3. How long does it take for the RT-PCR certificate to be issued ?

Thank you !
Old 16th September 2021, 18:09   #2962
BHPian

(1) Yes
(2) RT-PCR negative report is required to enter from MH to KA regardless of fully vaccinated. RT-PCR is a test using nasopharyngal sample and is completely different from vaccination. Your negative RT-PCR sample should have been taken within 72 hours of your time of crossing the border to KA.
(3) 24-48 hours (you may get it faster if you go directly to an ICMR lab)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Hello,

My wife and I, we are getting our second dose of vaccination tomorrow.

I'm planning to leave tomorrow by 6pm and stop over at Belgaum continue to Bangalore the day after.

Can somebody please clarify -
1. Is RT-PCR required while crossing from MH to KA ?
2. If its required, considering we will be just vaccinated tomorrow, will they issue an RT-PCR ?
3. How long does it take for the RT-PCR certificate to be issued ?

Thank you !
ccnarayanan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 19:46   #2963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A friend captured this day time pic on last Friday.
Nice! Thanks for the update!

By the way, how does one reach this bypass? Is it just the usual highway that merges into this bypass?

The reason I am asking is because I drove from Chitradurga to Bangalore last Sunday, and missed this bypass. Neither Google maps showed this to me nor did I see any way to enter it. I just drove on the usual highway and did not even realize this bypass was available.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 16th September 2021 at 19:57.
Old 16th September 2021, 19:54   #2964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Nice! Thank for the update!

By the way, how does one reach this bypass? Is it just the usual highway that merges into this bypass?
When driving from Bangalore, the entry is exactly where you encounter a diversion after the 6 lane Tumkur Chitradurga ends here. Remember suddenly the 6 lane road would become 4 lane as you are few km away from Chitradurga? It is exactly at this place where the bypass starts.

It should be an entry ramp to get onto the bypass as it looked from that last diversion. Now that most vehicles are taking this, it should be easy for you next time you drive this side.

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th September 2021 at 19:55.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:41   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
The reason I am asking is because I drove from Chitradurga to Bangalore last Sunday, and missed this bypass.
Yes.The usual highway merges into the bypass.You dont have to be vigilant or anything.The reason why you missed it on Sunday was because it was still barricaded and one was diverted to the (now) old bypass through chitradurga.The new road is not yet updated on Google maps
alokn87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 22:00   #2966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When driving from Bangalore, the entry is exactly where you encounter a diversion after the 6 lane Tumkur Chitradurga ends here. Remember suddenly the 6 lane road would become 4 lane as you are few km away from Chitradurga? It is exactly at this place where the bypass starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
Yes.The usual highway merges into the bypass.You dont have to be vigilant or anything.The reason why you missed it on Sunday was because it was still barricaded and one was diverted to the (now) old bypass through chitradurga.The new road is not yet updated on Google maps
OK, thanks guys! Got it now. Yes, I remember that barricaded section now. I used to wonder why was this diversion there when the old highway was already functional there. Now I know that they were building a bypass.

This will surely save some time. Looking forward to driving on this the next time.
Dr.AD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:52   #2967
BHPian

I am travelling from Chennai to Mumbai via Bangalore with family in my 1.8 TSI.
Looking for the following:
1. Good hotels with clean restrooms facility between Nelamangala and Pune. I am made to aware that there are a few CCDs on this highway which has good restrooms. Any other suggestions also welcome
2. Good petrol stations which provide unadulterated petrol.

Also, any insight on how Reliance petrol is? I have used Reliance diesel and am quite happy. Not sure on petrol though.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:39   #2968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
1. Good hotels with clean restrooms facility between Nelamangala and Pune.
Here is the complete list, few may have shut down but the list is quite exhaustive.

Quote:
I am made to aware that there are a few CCDs on this highway which has good restrooms. Any other suggestions also welcome
CCDs:
Quote:
  1. Cafe Coffee Day - Before Sira Bypass, Pune-Bangalore corridor, 125 kms before Bangalore - Location

2. Cafe Coffee Day - Before Davanagere Bypass, Bangalore-Pune corridor, 265 kms from Bangalore - Location

3. Cafe Coffee Day - Between Motebennur & Ranebennur, Pune-Bangalore corridor, 315 kms before Bangalore - Location

4. Cafe Coffee Day - Shiggaon, Bangalore - Pune corridor, 360 Kms from Bangalore - Location

5. Cafe Coffee Day - Belur Industrial Estate, Dharwad, Bangalore - Pune corridor, 435 kms from Bangalore - Location
Quote:
Also, any insight on how Reliance petrol is? I have used Reliance diesel and am quite happy. Not sure on petrol though.
In case you want to try Reliance, here is the list:
Quote:
  • After Hubli, Towards Bangalore : Location

• Before Dharwad, Towards Pune : Location

• After Sankeshwar, Towards Pune : Location

• After Khedshivpur - Towards Bangalore : Location

• Karad Bypass - Towards Bangalore : Location

• After Karad, Just near/Before Sai International, Towards Bangalore : Location

• After Kolhapur, Towards Pune : Location

• After Belgaum, Near Sankeshwar, Towards Pune: Location

• Before Hattarigi Toll Plaza, towards Bangalore: Location

• After Ranebennur bypass, towards Bangalore: Location

• After Chitradurga, towards Bangalore, Opp to VRL Depot: Location

• Between Tumkur and Dabaspet, Towards Bangalore: Location
If you want to try Shell, here are your options:

Shell outlet after Sira, towards Pune

Shell outlet, 8 km after Dharwad, towards Pune

Shell outlet 15 km after Hubli, towards Bangalore

There are Shell outlets on Pune bypass as well as Belapur road in Mumbai too but am not including them as they will be too close to source/destination.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd September 2021 at 15:45.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:50   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
We reached Mysore at 1.30am on Sep 19.

RTPCR was demanded to be produced right after Kolhapur. Overall the process of showing the certificate, updating their books took about 5 mins. There were about 4 - 5 cars ahead of me and they were pretty quick to move through the line.

Apart from this, MH traffic cops stopped my KA regd car 2 times and ran my plates through their handled device. They requested for documents, verified and let me go. I wasn't sure why they stopped me and I asked if there was a problem and I didn't get any response.

Travelling by the Celerio it took us about 15 hours including breaks to reach mysore, a total distance of 1089Kms door to door.

I filled up at shell and I got a good mileage of 19.6Km/L doing speeds of 90 - 110KM/Hr.

Route from Hinjewadi all the way to Kolhapur is horrible to say the least with multiple deep pot holes, erratic 2 wheeler and truck traffic. Hardly feels like a highway and one needs to be extremely careful navigating through the traffic. Post that it got much better and we were able to maintain good speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-celerio.jpg  

Last edited by no_boundaries : 23rd September 2021 at 16:04.
Old 26th September 2021, 12:52   #2970
BHPian

Quote:

It should be an entry ramp to get onto the bypass as it looked from that last diversion. Now that most vehicles are taking this, it should be easy for you next time you drive this side.
The link you shared shows place in Gujrat. Curious to know because we never enter Chitradurga and always took bypass earlier except Harihar and Davanagere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks