Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 23:44   #3106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover1705 View Post
Hey there! I plan to do a solo trip from Bangalore to Mumbai on 24th Dec. While I have a fair understanding of the route and stopover options now thanks to this really helpful thread, I would really appreciate your advice on a couple of things -

1. I will start at 0300 from Bangalore and will drive through all the way as I do not want to halt the journey. My destination is Kandivali East - which route shall I take after entering Mumbai to avoid the traffic to a certain extent? Also, I will keep an eye on this thread for any route developments till closer to the departure date but anything you'd suggest I keep in mind?
2. I plan to stay there with my cousins for a couple of days before heading for Daman for a day or two. I don't have a plan beyond that and have a few more days (I assume two) to spare before I have to be back in Bangalore (I want to be back by 1st Jan). Any recommendations on where should I head for a couple of days from Daman?
Once you cross Vashi bridge and reach Mankhurd, take right and continue on eastern express highway a.k.a. Ghatkopar highway and take a left towards Powai. Reach western express highway and continue towards Kandivali east. I stay at Goregaon east and always go for this route.
Other route is via Chembur, Sion, Dharavi, Bandra, western express highway all the way to Kandivali east. But I prefer the former one above.
Traffic is a luck factor. I reached Goregaon on 18th evening and it was Saturday. Traffic was not at all bad in Mumbai right after crossing Vashi bridge but I know some real terrible stories of needing 5-6 hours to reach Mumbai from Pune due to traffic. All the best for your trip.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 07:53   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover1705 View Post
Hey there! I plan to do a solo trip from Bangalore to Mumbai on 24th Dec.
1. I will start at 0300 from Bangalore and will drive through all the way as I do not want to halt the journey. My destination is Kandivali East
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Once you cross Vashi bridge and reach Mankhurd, take right and continue on eastern express highway a.k.a. Ghatkopar highway and take a left towards Powai. Reach western express highway and continue towards Kandivali east. I stay at Goregaon east and always go for this route. Other route is via Chembur, Sion, Dharavi, Bandra, western express highway all the way to Kandivali east. But I prefer the former one above.
Alternate to what @ravjivtelang has suggested, I would suggest an alternate way to reach Jogeshwari via Powai which will avoid your entering Mumbai altogether.
Once you have exited the Pune-Mumbai Expressway, you will be on the Panvel-Belapur-Thane road. Continue on this road towards Airoli.
At Airoli node, you need to take a diversion into Airoli. Staying on that highway will take you to Thane otherwise.
Traverse the entire Airoli stretch and you will end up at the Eastern Express Highway at Mulund after the Airoli Toll Naka. Remember this toll naka as the left turn you need to take towards Kanjurmarg is just 5 minutes away.
Take a left there and you will now enter Kanjurmarg node from the northern side.
Take a right under the Kanjurmarg flyover and continue on that road & you will end up on the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road.
This will take you straight to the Western Express Highway and from there you can make your way to Kandivli.
Ithaca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 09:54   #3108
Senior - BHPian

I was about to recommend the same route that Ithaca recommends. Used to be my regular route when I used to live at Jogeshwari(E) long ago. Cross Airoli and the traffic keeps moving. I’m not sure on the condition of the JVLR though. Used to be fantastic back then, all the way from Kanjurmarg to Jogeshwari.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 19:46   #3109
Senior - BHPian

Any further disturbance reported on MH KA border? I hope things are settling down and people can travel peacefully across. I will start my return leg on 30th Dec and will be crossing into KA on 30th itself for making a stay at Belgaum. Surely RTPCR is needed for all travellers as per current status.
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:49   #3110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any further disturbance reported on MH KA border? I hope things are settling down and people can travel peacefully across.
We crossed on the 19th and traffic was smooth. There was heavy police deployment just before the VTU campus and a couple of cops at most intersections but barring that, there was nothing out of the ordinary. We were in a MH-reg car and no issues whatsoever.

Isn't it RTPCR or double vaccination certificate?
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:58   #3111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Isn't it RTPCR or double vaccination certificate?
To enter into Karnataka from either Maharashtra or Kerala, one must carry negative RTPCR irrespective of the vaccination status. It is this rule that has ensured to maintain high traffic on interstate travel thread including Mumbai/Pune - Bangalore as well as Mumbai/Pune - Goa threads.

The rule was relaxed for a week during festive season (Diwali) and soon reintroduced once Omicron scare took over the reigns of chaos from Delta and as always, authorities from my state always think Covid comes from Maharashtra and Kerala!

Of course, in all these months, many have been lucky to have crossed the border at regular hours without being stopped while few (like me) opted to cross the border at odd hours (3am) to avoid being stopped.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd December 2021 at 11:01.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:21   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Traffic is a luck factor. I reached Goregaon on 18th evening and it was Saturday. Traffic was not at all bad in Mumbai right after crossing Vashi bridge but I know some real terrible stories of needing 5-6 hours to reach Mumbai from Pune due to traffic. All the best for your trip.
Yeah I got stuck in traffic last Sunday while returning from Borivali. I am never ever taking western expressway again in my life. Though I was traveling in a KSRTC bus, but that route is way longer and too much traffic, took me 6 hours to reach Pune .
Best option is to join the Eastern expressway via pawai and then towards Vashi bridge.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 20:58   #3113
BHPian

Hi All,

We are planning to drive to Trichy from Mumbai on 24th. It has to be via Bangalore and we have to reach trichy by 10am on 25th Dec. Wondering if any good suggestions for stop over during the journey as not sure if the stretch can be done in one sitting.

Any other tips from the regulars also most kindly welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd December 2021, 21:16   #3114
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsrahul View Post
Any other tips from the regulars also most kindly welcome.
Since you say via Bangalore, do you have a need to visit someone inside Bangalore ? If not you can probably stay just outside Bangalore City to save time navigating the city and losing time on such a long drive.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 23:01   #3115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Since you say via Bangalore, do you have a need to visit someone inside Bangalore ? If not you can probably stay just outside Bangalore City to save time navigating the city and losing time on such a long drive.
We don’t have to visit Bangalore. Just that the road to Trichy from mumbai is via Bangalore (Nice road).
Old 23rd December 2021, 23:10   #3116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We don’t have to visit Bangalore. Just that the road to Trichy from mumbai is via Bangalore (Nice road).
Instead of Bangalore, take a break at Hosur.

If Hosur is far enough for leg 1, look at Davanagere. That would also make sense because if you are anywhere closer to Bangalore (Tumkur or Nelamangala), it seriously makes sense to get into TN and stay at Hosur.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 03:08   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Instead of Bangalore, take a break at Hosur.

If Hosur is far enough for leg 1, look at Davanagere. That would also make sense because if you are anywhere closer to Bangalore (Tumkur or Nelamangala), it seriously makes sense to get into TN and stay at Hosur.
Thank you Parag bhai. I am planning to shoot for Keys hotel, Hosur road and will use the technique suggested by your kind self on this thread to cover such a distance.
Old 24th December 2021, 06:29   #3118
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 to what Parag recommend. Since you have to be at Trichy by 10 am, Hosur is ideal for the night stay.

Davanagere stay won’t work for you unless you plan to depart by 2.30 am from there.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 09:55   #3119
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I asked just to confirm. This way you can take the NICE road, exit at Hosur Road and book your stay at a hotel near Hosur. There is a Sarovar portico in Hosur (I think it's Claresta now) and bang on the highway service road, could be an option.

Quote:
I am planning to shoot for Keys hotel, Hosur road and will use the technique suggested by your kind self on this thread to cover such a distance.
For Keys hotel you will need to take Hosur road exit from NICE and drive in the direction of Bangalore City, I think instead you can plan for a hotel at Hosur.

Last edited by NPV : 24th December 2021 at 09:57.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 11:15   #3120
BHPian

Hi
A question. I plan to go from Panvel to Hyderabad the next weekend. The highway cuts through parts of Karnataka. I am a bit wary of RT PCR requirements ( my car is KA registered ). My plan is to stay in Hyderabad (will have hotel booking for the same) for a day before driving back to Bangalore. Any advice on RT PCR requirements for this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks