Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 09:18   #3076
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
From my experience, I will attribute this gain in mileage due to the following factors:
  • Once you hit Maharashtra, the traffic increases multifold and that invariably keeps your speeds in check. No matter what, you will get very less straight long stretches where you can maintain anything above 100 kmph. Even if you do, you will need to brake ahead due to some reason or the other
I think this is spot on. On my drive this week to Mumbai, I did notice the same. I refuelled just before the MH border on the KA side and I did see that mileage improved considerably on the MH side.
Old 10th December 2021, 09:29   #3077
BHPian

I did a short trip to Mumbai from Udupi this week. Route was Udupi-Ankola-Kalghatki-Dharwad-Kolhapur-Mumbai.

No checks whatsoever on the MH border - I just drove through the new RTO checkpost without being stopped at all. On the return leg, there was a solitary cop asking for RT-PCR report and each vehicle was being stopped. But it was just a cursory check - he didnt physically check the report ( i had the report ).
explorer09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 16:32   #3078
BHPian

Hi

Planning a drive to Panvel from Bangalore the upcoming weekend.
Although I wish to stretch it in one go, not sure if the family would be able to handle the stress of a 14-15 hour drive. So I am planning to stop at Kolhapur / Belgaum. Looking for stay suggestions in the 2 cities. I saw Sayaji in Kolhapur but am open to other options as well.
Old 10th December 2021, 16:44   #3079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
I did a short trip to Mumbai from Udupi this week. Route was Udupi-Ankola-Kalghatki-Dharwad-Kolhapur-Mumbai.

How was the road from Ankola to kalghatki?
Old 10th December 2021, 17:30   #3080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How was the road from Ankola to kalghatki?

First few kms after you take the turn from Ankola have intermittent bad patches. There are again craters on most of the turns on the ghat section. Other than this, its good. Yellapur to Kalghatki is smooth all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
Hi

Although I wish to stretch it in one go, not sure if the family would be able to handle the stress of a 14-15 hour drive. So I am planning to stop at Kolhapur / Belgaum. Looking for stay suggestions in the 2 cities. I saw Sayaji in Kolhapur but am open to other options as well.
If you are starting late afternoon, Sai International at Yelur ( 30 kms before Kolhapur ) is a good option. I have stayed here multiple times. If not Kolhapur, other options are Sankam Residency at Belgaum or Ramya Residency at Dharwad ( this is right on the highway ).

Sankam Residency arguably has the best breakfast of the three.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th December 2021 at 06:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
explorer09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:45   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Try Sankam Residency, Belgaum, next to highway. In Kolhapur try hotel pavilion, bit inside but quite ok. Both tried and tested by me.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:50   #3082
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you look at the Fairfield Marriott in Belgaum as well, just off the highway on your side when driving towards Bangalore. Other options in Belgaum are Sankam Residency and Pai resorts (both properties are almost back-to-back on 2 parallel roads), and reachable with a short drive from the highway but in the other direction.

As mentioned in a previous post by explorer09, Sai International, Yelur is an option near Kolhapur and located bang on the highway.

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2021 at 17:54.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:56   #3083
BHPian

Thank you for the suggestions. But all of these are sold out online. Will probably ring them up to check if there is any availability. Planning for the night of 18th December. Can hope to hit Pune before sunset if this is how it is (i'll be leaving 4:30ish am from Bangalore) so even that can be an option. But on reaching Pune, Panvel seems to be right within grasp

Last edited by ShreyG : 10th December 2021 at 18:02.
Old 10th December 2021, 18:25   #3084
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Planning for the night of 18th December. Can hope to hit Pune before sunset if this is how it is (i'll be leaving 4:30ish am from Bangalore) so even that can be an option. But on reaching Pune, Panvel seems to be right within grasp
My bad, I thought you're driving from Panvel to Bangalore. Since it's the other way around, Sankam and Pai will be on your side.

If you don't spend too much time on your breaks, I think you can reach Panvel in one go by late evening, but do keep the stay options open in case you get delayed.

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2021 at 18:29.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 18:42   #3085

Fairfield Marriott in Belagavi has cancelled all reservations due to the winter session of Karnataka assembly at Suvarna Vidhana Soudha in Belagavi , the Govt. gets a priority. I had also booked the same and got an email to that effect last week. My guess it would be the same for other hotels also.

Due to this I decided to change my travel date and drive up directly to Pune instead of going for a break in Belgavi. This is the first day of my 16 day road trip to Rajasthan.
Old 11th December 2021, 21:32   #3086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakutty View Post
Fairfield Marriott in Belagavi has cancelled all reservations due to the winter session of Karnataka assembly at Suvarna Vidhana Soudha in Belagavi , the Govt. gets a priority. I had also booked the same and got an email to that effect last week. My guess it would be the same for other hotels also.

Due to this I decided to change my travel date and drive up directly to Pune instead of going for a break in Belgavi. This is the first day of my 16 day road trip to Rajasthan.
Any ideas on the dates of this winter session?
Old 11th December 2021, 21:47   #3087
Senior - BHPian

You can try Naveen Lakeside at Hubli.

Sayaji at Kolhapur is a good one. You can also look at Veerkar’s, The fern at Kolhapur. Stayed there two weeks back and was quite decent. Very very close to the highway.
Old 11th December 2021, 23:21   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Any ideas on the dates of this winter session?
Belgaum winter legislative session is from December 13 to 24. All the hotels in Belgaum are booked for politicians and their IAS secretaries. Let alone Belgaum, even Dharwad and Hubli might be fully booked. Best is to target Kolhapur for anyone doing Bangalore--Pune/Mumbai and vice versa.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 09:34   #3089
Senior - BHPian

This could be a rumor but somebody in my apartment claimed to have checked with a KSRTC driver and got a reply saying both negative RTPCR report "and" a fully vaccinated certificate are needed for entering either MH or KA. This sounds odd but made me anxious at this last moment, a couple of days before the journey. If possible or if anybody could find the reality through your contacts it will be very helpful.
Old 13th December 2021, 09:43   #3090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This could be a rumor but somebody in my apartment claimed to have checked with a KSRTC driver and got a reply saying both negative RTPCR report "and" a fully vaccinated certificate are needed for entering either MH or KA. This sounds odd but made me anxious at this last moment, a couple of days before the journey. If possible or if anybody could find the reality through your contacts it will be very helpful.
Rajiv, I had mentioned it earlier on why things are different for KSRTC and Private operators. They are bound to follow directions given by their bosses as they are a Public Transport operator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
the fact that KSRTC helpline folks have confirmed either double dose or negative RTPCR is because they are a public transport operator. Most of the rules initially were aimed at those who travel by public transport and the associated risks of spread.

In fact, since I very regularly watch a lot of Bus related channels on YouTube, I know for a fact that the conductors, especially for an interstate journey ask for vaccination certificate before even looking at the e-ticket SMS or print-out and only then allow you to board the bus.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks