Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 14:10   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
For the amount of expenditure the project boasts, the road quality is not so "world-class", I could find lots of undulations on the highway, not only at the entry/exit of flyovers but also on straight roads. Long-term reliability when completely open is a question mark.

In the typical "Bengaluru" style, the flyover joints are not smooth.

Entry/Exit on those railway bridges could have been smoother, it's at an awkward angle, Volvos/Cars carrying high speed will need to be cautious over these bridges. To add to the mix, some engineers have thought adding smooth tar over these bridges would be a good idea.
I echo your observations. Infact, I felt the older mysore road had a better tarmac quality than the new one.

Entry and exit points on few bridges are pretty unscientific. Infact there is this video of a KSRTC Volvo drifting on the bridge on a rainy day. This particular bridge is near Chanpatna . This makes me think this spot will host a good number of accidents once, unless the authorities put in barricades a few hundred meters before the bridge

sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 14:51   #1292
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I echo your observations. Infact, I felt the older mysore road had a better tarmac quality than the new one.

Entry and exit points on few bridges are pretty unscientific. Infact there is this video of a KSRTC Volvo drifting on the bridge on a rainy day. This particular bridge is near Chanpatna . This makes me think this spot will host a good number of accidents once, unless the authorities put in barricades a few hundred meters before the bridge

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=s4922qUzLAk
This bridge is near Bidadi bypass and authorities have already put in quite a few of the rumbler strips to check the speed...
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 21:43   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
If you can start on or before 7AM, I would suggest to cross the city and not go through NICE raod, as you would be in opposite direction of daily commuter traffic.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Stick to Mysore road via Madder and Mandya, on week days it is cool to drive. With Bidadi, Ramanagara and Channapatana bypass and Kumbalagodu flyover, it is cool drive. Better and faster than via Bellur cross.
Yes if I am able to leave early, nothing like that. I watched some YT videos of the expressway and have decided to take the expressway. The reduction in overall journey time is real.
Old 17th October 2022, 05:38   #1294
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The new expressway between Bangalore and Mysore is a blessing and a boon. There is no doubt about it.
I drove up and down on it this Saturday Sunday. And barring a few irritations, it’s a real good thing for us, once it opens up fully.
They shall have to do something about the last mile though,on both sides. Maybe connect the ring road in Mysore with a underpass. And a bridge to connect the Nice road in Bangalore. So that one doesn’t have to go through those totally unnecessary bottlenecks.
I ve put out more information in that Expressway thread. And here are some pics.
The bottomline is that when leaving Bangalore, best to leave nice and early. 430am/5am is the best.
And returning, best do it in broad daylight so as to reach Nice road etc no later than 4pm.
Else it just adds to the misery because of traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-5bd4d41b5fe547b0b6e0affd0b207fe4.jpeg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-ea0532e755af4e58abfbc6528f5d144d.jpeg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-cf2c2653860f40cda65f27d69a413e22.jpeg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-4aa8302c6d4940a184dbbad344191d49.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 11:35   #1295
BHPian

Has the mysore road been flooded again after the rains in the last 2 days? I am planning to travel to mysore tomorrow and wondering if I should take any other route (Kanakpura / Belur Cross).

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...878141466.html
Old 20th October 2022, 14:20   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Has the mysore road been flooded again after the rains in the last 2 days? I am planning to travel to mysore tomorrow and wondering if I should take any other route (Kanakpura / Belur Cross).

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...878141466.html
There was no water logging anywhere today morning. My Brother-in-law travelled Bangalore-Mysore starting 5.30 AM from North Bangalore.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 21:08   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
There was no water logging anywhere today morning. My Brother-in-law travelled Bangalore-Mysore starting 5.30 AM from North Bangalore.
Thanks, drove today to Mysore and the roads were dry. Amazing roads (except for small incomplete stretches) - I cant wait to see the expressway once its complete!
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 12:01   #1298
BHPian

Hi folks. I have to drive tomorrow to Masinagudi from Koramangala. Google maps shows me a route via Kanakapura as the shortest route. Is that the new expressway Bangalore - Mysore Highway?

The plan is to leave at 630 AM and would also like recommendations on a decent place to stop for breakfast. This route is new for me and any help would be appreciated. Thankk you in advance.
Old 22nd October 2022, 13:53   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Is that the new expressway Bangalore - Mysore Highway?
Nope, that is not the new express way.
You can take one of the following routes to connect to express way
Kormangala - KR Market Flyover - this connects to Mysore road.
Another alternative is Silk Board - Banashankari Temple - Uttarahalli - Channasandra - Kengeri - Mysore road.
Another option is take the nice road from EC and exit at Mysore road.
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 16:07   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks. I have to drive tomorrow to Masinagudi from Koramangala. Google maps shows me a route via Kanakapura as the shortest route. Is that the new expressway Bangalore - Mysore Highway?

For some reason, gmap doesn’t show the actual Mysore Road currently. Maybe due to ongoing construction work. But it is open. Route it first to Kumbalagodu, and once you are there further route to Mysore or you don’t have to, you won’t miss it there on, it’s a highway.

Restaurant option - Shivalli at Channapattana.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 17:18   #1301
BHPian

Thanks so much for these inputs. I am guessing the expressway is the best option.

I will aim for Shivalli on G maps and take it from there. Thanks again.
Old 22nd October 2022, 17:45   #1302
BHPian

@Nimz Sir, Maddur Tiffany's is also another option for Breakfast
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 00:18   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will aim for Shivalli on G maps and take it from there. Thanks again.
I’ll also be hitting the road almost around the same time. Give a shout if you see a got bhp? sticker.
Old 23rd October 2022, 06:02   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I’ll also be hitting the road almost around the same time. Give a shout if you see a got bhp? sticker.
Ah nice. And I will be in a grey *global" fiesta - very few of them around
Old 23rd October 2022, 16:09   #1305
Senior - BHPian

I had ride from Yelahanka till Maddur (and a return loop via Huliyurdurga and Nelamangala) today on my bike and I was keen to stick to the older Mysore Highway stretch as much as possible. Kamat Lokaruchi aside that route also offers an involving drive through roads dotted with thick vegetation.

What I noticed was that the new highway clean 'bypasses' Bidadi, Ramanagara and Channapatna (the extent of which can be seen on the 'x' marked sections) and all the popular eateries one has been so used to. If the right exit from the bypass is not taken, there is no way one gets a second chance unless it's a long winded retrace
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-screenshot_202210231549152.png

I found the sections passing through these towns (older route) blissfully devoid of any sort of heavy traffic and loved the ride, although I am not sure of the progress in comparison with the now default route. A ghost town aura exists especially around some of the (older) highway joints, while I am sure the residents of these towns will probably heave a sigh of relief! KSRTC Sariges plying through the older sections had a ball racing along these empty stretches.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks