Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 16:15   #1156
BANNED

Re: Bangalore-Mysore Expressway status & updates thread

I plan to start from Marathahalli to Melkote to visit Melkote, Srirangapatna temples and Mysore palace. Can you please suggest the best route?

Last edited by Wheels : 13th April 2022 at 16:17. Reason: Updated content
Old 13th April 2022, 20:40   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
I plan to start from Marathahalli to Melkote to visit Melkote, Srirangapatna temples and Mysore palace. Can you please suggest the best route?
I would suggest:

Marathahalli - ORR - Hebbal - Nelamangala exit to Hassan Highway - Kunigal - Yediyur - Nagamangala - Melukote - Srirangapatna - Mysore Palace - Mysore Road (Mandya - Ramanagara) - NICE Road - E.City - Marathahalli
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 06:15   #1158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I would suggest:

Marathahalli - ORR - Hebbal - Nelamangala exit to Hassan Highway - Kunigal - Yediyur - Nagamangala - Melukote - Srirangapatna - Mysore Palace - Mysore Road (Mandya - Ramanagara) - NICE Road - E.City - Marathahalli
Do you have any recommendation for good Veg. Food for Lunch / Dinner during onward and return journey? Plan to visit Mysore palace on 16 Apr, Sat mrng. Any inputs here (like reach early 9am to avoid crowd) and any other kids attraction in and around within radius of 10km from Mysore?

Last edited by Wheels : 14th April 2022 at 06:15. Reason: Review
Old 5th May 2022, 21:28   #1159
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

I am starting from Marathahalli towards Coorg(Virajpete). Which would be a better route to take? Via Nelamanagala, Via*Kanapurua road, or the traditional Banaglore mysore road?*
Old 5th May 2022, 21:55   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
I am starting from Marathahalli towards Coorg(Virajpete). Which would be a better route to take? Via Nelamanagala, Via*Kanapurua road, or the traditional Banaglore mysore road?*
When? If NOT at a peak time (a Saturday morning), I’d suggest traditional Mysore Road.

Most stretches are now a pleasure to drive. Plus the advantages of ample restaurants.

Take the Manipal hospital Jn > ring road to bypass Mysore instead of KRS road.

Restaurant note: We happened to stop by Vattika (near Bidadi) for a dinner last weekend. A beautiful place and pity myself for never visiting there earlier.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 5th May 2022 at 22:12.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 18:15   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
When? If NOT at a peak time (a Saturday morning), I’d suggest traditional Mysore Road.
Thanks a lot. I will start early at 3 am Saturday. I usually take the KRS road from Srirangapatana. But I will try the ring road this time, which is substantially longer than the KRS road, though. Thanks for the restaurant suggestion as well. I will try it when I come back. Too early for the onward journey.
Old 6th May 2022, 21:04   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
But I will try the ring road this time, which is substantially longer than the KRS road, though.
Not really, it is only 6 Kms longer, and is a fast track than the other, so essentially the time taken is more or less the same.
Old 7th May 2022, 12:20   #1163
Distinguished - BHPian

Was pleasantly surprised to see Kanakapura road till Kanakpura finally relaid.I assumed it had just been patched, but this is a full tarring with markings as per NHAI standards. Of course, ideally we should have got a proper four laned road by now, but compared to the very poor state a few months back, it is a smooth ride now.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:43   #1164
BHPian

Heading to Mysore tomorrow for the zoo. The only place on agenda is the zoo. Nothing else. Can you guys recommend what route to take at 7am from Bellandur? Suggest a great food option in Mysore with get non-veg items? Also, is there a particular shop to buy toys in Channapatna?
Old 2nd June 2022, 22:50   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Heading to Mysore tomorrow for the zoo. The only place on agenda is the zoo. Nothing else. Can you guys recommend what route to take at 7am
Being Friday, take the usual Mysore Road (via Mandya - Maddur). Wouldn’t recommend if it was a Saturday morning. Though some diversions here and there, it is still recommended. You will get to see several of 6 lane completed stretches.

Hotel Sandesh in the city is a good option. Pricey but good food.

I have never known someone who bought a toy from channapattana ever.

I type this while travelling on Mysore Road currently.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd June 2022 at 23:05.
Old 2nd June 2022, 22:55   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Heading to Mysore tomorrow for the zoo. The only place on agenda is the zoo. Nothing else. Can you guys recommend what route to take at 7am from Bellandur? Suggest a great food option in Mysore with get non-veg items? Also, is there a particular shop to buy toys in Channapatna?
Since it is working day, I would suggest the following route.

Bellandur --> Nice Road Entry on Hosur Road --> Mysore Road exit on Nice Road --> Ramanagara --> Maddur --> Mandya --> Mysore

If you start at 6AM, you should reach Mysore by 9AM for a Breakfast. I would recommend

OM Shanti Restaurant (Hotel Siddharth), with decent parking and rest rooms. But it is pure veg.
Old 18th June 2022, 17:34   #1167
BHPian

I am traveling to Masinagudi on Monday morning and wondering about the route. Google by default seems to show Kanakpura road with a time of 6 hours 11 minutes. If I change to Mysore road it shows just a few minutes more. When I checked just now it is showing via Coimbatore and a time of 9 hours.
So anyone traveled recently and can provide an update on Mysore road ?
I plan to leave Whitefield area around 6:30
Old 18th June 2022, 17:40   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
When I checked just now it is showing via Coimbatore and a time of 9 hours.
That's probably because you are checking it now. The Bandipur check post will close at 9pm and gmap is re-routing you.

Being a Monday morning, I would still prefer usual Mysore road (Via Mandya). Expect bottle neck until you cross the initial towns - Kumabalagodu and until Bidadi. The rest of it will be smooth. If it was a Saturday 06:30 AM I wouldn't prefer.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 18th June 2022 at 17:43.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 17:44   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
That's probably because you are checking it now. The Bandipur check post will close at 9pm and gmap is re-routing you.

Being a Monday morning, I would still prefer usual Mysore road (Via Mandya). Expect bottle neck until you cross the initial towns - Kumabalagodu and until Bidadi. The rest of it will be smooth. If it was a Saturday 06:30 AM I wouldn't prefer.
Google is smarter than me. It did not occur to me. I am leaving on Monday morning and from your post assume Mysore road would be the way to go?
Old 18th June 2022, 17:46   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
I am traveling to Masinagudi on Monday morning and wondering about the route. Google by default seems to show Kanakpura road with a time of 6 hours 11 minutes. If I change to Mysore road it shows just a few minutes more. When I checked just now it is showing via Coimbatore and a time of 9 hours.
Looks like Kanakapura road might work out to be a tad quicker given the state of development works on Mysore road. Till Kanakapura this road is also getting developed but looks like the works have been abandoned - so you have sections of old road interspersed with brand new dual carriageway roads.

Only problem I found is the large number of schools between Bangalore and Kanakapura, each with hundreds of kids crossing the road often without supervision. Be very careful if your travel is around the school start/end times.

Right now it would show the route via Coimbatore because of night travel ban through Bandipur.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks