Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 15:39   #1261
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Hi friends, I plan to drive to do Bangalore => Mysore on 2nd Oct 2022 and return on 3rd. Anyone know if main roads/highway will be blocked due to ongoing Bharat Jodo Yatra? As per the known schedule it seems to reach Mysore only on 3rd. So if I were to start back in the morning, I am hoping I will escape any potential block. If anyone have any insight into their schedule, please do post. I appreciate any input.
Thank you!
Old 30th September 2022, 18:05   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
Hi friends, I plan to drive to do Bangalore => Mysore on 2nd Oct 2022 and return on 3rd. Anyone know if main roads/highway will be blocked due to ongoing Bharat Jodo Yatra? As per the known schedule it seems to reach Mysore only on 3rd. So if I were to start back in the morning, I am hoping I will escape any potential block. If anyone have any insight into their schedule, please do post. I appreciate any input.
Thank you!
Should not impact as I don't think it is coming to Bangalore. But they publish the days schedule morning by 7am on twitter and their website. Keep track of that. Note that it is not a continuous walk and they move from one walk end point to the next one start point by vehicles.

Example I had to drive to Calicut in Kerala today. Was closely following the schedule as they were due to enter Karnataka at Gundlepet today. Yesterday end was at Gudalur. I initially assumed there would be walk session and then the yatra would reach Gundlepet in the evening. I checked when I reached Mysore today morning and found the yatra was resuming directly morning 9am from Gundlepet. Exactly at the time.I would have been there. I immediately diverted via Handpost -Bavali and entered Kerala via Mananthavady.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 18:55   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Mandya bypass is open for traffic.
Mandya bypass open only towards Bangalore direction. Not yet towards Mysore. That will take some time because the bridge constructions there are nowhere near completion.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:57   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Mandya bypass open only towards Bangalore direction. Not yet towards Mysore. That will take some time because the bridge constructions there are nowhere near completion.
That's a bummer, I am driving to Mysore tomorrow and was looking for a peaceful drive without entering Mandya.
Old 30th September 2022, 21:31   #1265
HTC
BANNED

Just reached Mysore from Bengaluru.
From Kumbalgod junction till Maddur took 1 hr. Smooth road and average traffic. After Maddur, Mandya crossing through city (no bypass yet) added some 20 mins. After that got struck at Ring road junction signal(Columbasia hospital). Was struck for 30 mins at junction alone.

Due to Dasara rush, heavy police deployment at city entry point , plus 5 lanes merging to 2 lanes at signal was causing delay. In all ot took 3.5 hrs for door to door travel.

While waiting for green signal, witnessed two girls on a scooter take a fall right in the middle of the road. Both were not wearing helmets. Luckily they were not tailed by any heavy vehicle. Else it could have been fatal. Cops and people immediately came for their help.

Apart from that I had a small exchange of words with a so called local guy on two wheeler who was coming in wrong direction to cross over to other side of the road. I was taking a right towards columbasia hospital, when suddenly he appeared in my blindspot area on right. By the time I looked at him, slowed down and looked front, signal had turned red. I was in a awkward position where I cant cross nor I can reverse. I gave him a stare and told him because of his wrong side driving, I had to stop in middle. Some funny exchanges of words trying to prove who is right or wrong and then it finally came down to him saying 'locals cross like this only'. For which I said 'even I'm also local' lolz. Then i asked him to move on. Funny how things turn out.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 07:20   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if it is actually open? On my drive to Calicut yesterday, did not see vehicles exiting the bypass towards Bangalore as I was deviating towards Mandya town from the expressway. Bangalore bound also seemed to be joining the expressway from the town.
Old 1st October 2022, 08:28   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
After that got struck at Ring road junction signal(Columbasia hospital). Was struck for 30 mins at junction alone.

Due to Dasara rush, heavy police deployment at city entry point , plus 5 lanes merging to 2 lanes at signal was causing delay.
I was too stuck there for some good time after breezing through the new highway and all those bypasses.

Now this scares me. It is going to be like this even when the highway is fully opened. It is going to be a bottleneck at both ends of this expressway. How else can a 6 lane traffic converge into narrow city roads. Probably a running exit lane to either directions of ring road signal might have helped instead of a signal, full stop and 90 degree turns at Columbia Asia junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not sure if it is actually open?
I have seen traffic policemen diverting the Bangalore bound vehicles towards the bypass before Mandya town.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 13:35   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have seen traffic policemen diverting the Bangalore bound vehicles towards the bypass before Mandya town.
There is a diversion board for traffic towards bangalore, thankfully I saw that and took the bypass. Many cars around me missed the board and entered the town. So, I was alone on the bypass with just one car behind me.

The below diversion board was to take a right just before joining the bypass. So, basically we will have to be alert to take this bypass. Google maps doesn't have this updated, it keeps rerouting towards the mandya town.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-whatsapp-image-20221001-1.20.50-pm.jpeg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-whatsapp-image-20221001-1.21.30-pm.jpeg  

arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 17:42   #1269
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Now this scares me. It is going to be like this even when the highway is fully opened. It is going to be a bottleneck at both ends of this expressway.
This entry to the Mysore city and ring road is a big headache indeed.
What they need to do is simply make a nice underpass so that all traffic wanting to go onto the ring road either right or left, can keep moving.
This should be done also where the ring road passes those two signals. And at the other end where one turns left towards the Mysore Airport and Ooty and all. If they cant build flyovers with proper exits fast, then they should build underpasses.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 19:32   #1270
BHPian

Hi all,

Plannig to travel to wayand tomorrow. Any idea about kanakpura - gundalpet road condition?. Trying to avoid the regular route due to bharat jodo yathra. Bavali route is not that great post rains so exploring kanakpura route.
Old 1st October 2022, 20:09   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newway View Post
Plannig to travel to wayand tomorrow. Any idea about kanakpura - gundalpet road condition?. Trying to avoid the regular route due to bharat jodo yathra. Bavali route is not that great post rains so exploring kanakpura route.
You might get better / more recent responses if you posted in the Bangalore-Wayanad route thread. BHPian Rajeevraj did take the Bavali route on Friday; he didn't mention any trouble. I had taken the Kanakapura-Chamarajanagara-Gundlupete route a few months back and I didn't particularly enjoy it - roadworks partially done and abandoned, generally bad roads and numerous towns and villages to pass through.

Last edited by binand : 1st October 2022 at 20:20.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 20:48   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Bavali route, inside the forest is pretty average, but rest of it is fine. Where are you headed to in Wayanad?
Old 1st October 2022, 20:57   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Bavali route, inside the forest is pretty average, but rest of it is fine. Where are you headed to in Wayanad?
Heading to Mananthavady, I am from the same town so very familiar with Bavali route. I recently changed to a 320D so thought of taking a better road. Last month took the bathery route and it was butter smooth. Will stick to Bavali road this time. Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 22:09   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heading to Mananthavady, I am from the same town so very familiar with Bavali route. I recently changed to a 320D so thought of taking a better road. Last month took the bathery route and it was butter smooth. Will stick to Bavali road this time. Thanks
Ok with a 320d may need to think twice. Some potholes in the forest are definitely bad. Still I think better than the round about Chamrajnagar route with its own set of problems.
Old 2nd October 2022, 07:14   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how much % of the new expressway is officially open now ? I am in madikeri and wanted to try this route if it is ready. My usual route would be via arakalgod and join mangalore highway. Is it worth travelling via Mysore?

I am travelling in the morning to avoid evening crowd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks