Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 15:47   #1126
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I wouldnt recommend this route for night travel as it gets quite lonely in the Pandavapura - Bellur cross stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
+1 to procrj's post, the last time I was on this road was mid-afternoon, it was pretty lonely,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I drive route 3 routinely and recommend this, but as Procrj mentioned, I would not take this route if I am crossing Belur cross/ Srirangapatna past 8 or 9 PM.
Thank you for your kind words!
I believe from 6 am-6 pm (Only day travel recommended in this route)no problem taking with this Nelamangala - Belur cross route.
almost all the 3 route traveling times are the same!!
For night travel between 8 pm-12 pm traveling the Mysore-Mandya-Ramnagar route is very hectic and there are lots of road widening work and needs to follow the sign to take a diversion. Anyone traveled this route during the night hours recently.
Old 21st December 2021, 15:59   #1127
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
I never experienced this route. Is night travel safe between 8 pm -12 pm? I am planning to take this route upward and downward journey.
Appreciate valuable suggestions from BHPian who is experienced in this route regularly.
I think you already have the answer, it's really none of the above keeping in mind you plan to do a night drive starting at 8pm. None of the routes are worth risking when you're with family at these times, the other two also have bad & work in progress road conditions.
I would suggest to start at 4:30 am and take route #3 via Bellur Cross.

Last edited by NPV : 21st December 2021 at 16:01.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 16:05   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3. Via Kunigal :
Route 3:Bangalore - Nelamangala - Kunigal - yadiyur - Belur cross - Nagamangala - Srirangapatna - Mysore
I never experienced this route. Is night travel safe between 8 pm -12 pm? I am planning to take this route upward and downward journey.
Appreciate valuable suggestions from BHPian who is experienced in this route regularly.
Assuming you are starting from Koramangala - Set the GPS from Jayanagar and remove the toll road option. Now you get two choices - Kanakapura road - Malavalli OR Uttarahalli - Kengeri - Bidadi route \ aka Bangalore Mysore road.

Nelamangala road is good for someone who stays around that area.

I would prefer the Bangalore - Mysore road unless I am in a hurry and It is rush hour in which case Kanakapura - Malavalli road is always faster.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 16:20   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I would prefer the Bangalore - Mysore road unless I am in a hurry and It is rush hour in which case Kanakapura - Malavalli road is always faster.
The issue here is the Bangalore-Kanakapura stretch which is in horrendous condition up to a few kms before Kanakapura town. Rest of the route is very good.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 17:07   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think you already have the answer,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The issue here is the Bangalore-Kanakapura stretch which is in horrendous condition up to a few kms before Kanakapura town. Rest of the route is very good.
My starting point is from Bannerghatta road near Royal Meenakshi mahal.I will avoid NH-209 Kanakapura road for sure. As I already mentioned, I had a bad experience last month. I will try onward journey regular
Bangalore - Ramnagar - Mandya -Srirangapatna - Mysore.
While I return I will try on
Mysore - Srirangapatna - Nagamangala - Belur cross - yadiyur - Kunigal- Nelamangala -Bangalore.
I changed the plan from Night driving to Day driving in the current situation.
Thank you! Gentleman Once again!. I will post my experiences after my journey.
Old 21st December 2021, 22:08   #1131
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will try onward journey regular
Bangalore - Ramnagar - Mandya -Srirangapatna - Mysore.
While I return I will try on
Mysore - Srirangapatna - Nagamangala - Belur cross - yadiyur - Kunigal- Nelamangala -Bangalore.
I changed the plan from Night driving to Day driving in the current situation.
Thank you! Gentleman Once again!. I will post my experiences after my journey.
Since you decided on the day journey, I would suggest drop the regular Mysore Road/NH275 route for onward also. You will really enjoy the drive on the Bellur Cross-Nagamangala route with much less traffic and decent roads.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 13:17   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Since you decided on the day journey, I would suggest drop the regular Mysore Road/NH275 route for onward also. You will really enjoy the drive on the Bellur Cross-Nagamangala route with much less traffic and decent roads.
Completed the Mysore trip yesterday both onward and return journey via Bellur Cross-Nagamangala.As NPV said this road is absolutely a gem and has less traffic

Crossing nice road :
Still, Road repair working in progress on the other side. It took me additional time to cross Tumkur road from Bannerghatta road.
Paying Rs.140 is not worth it. It looks like me daytime robbery from the government. crossing 35KM road for paying Rs.140. I think this is one of the highest toll charges in India.

NH 75 : (nelamangala - Bellur cross)
Normal NH road until Belur cross toll. The road is in fantastic condition now.

Bellur Cross to Mysore:

The road is less traffic and the road condition is very good. You can see no traffic until Pandavapura. Post this! you can see lots of 2 wheeler,3 wheeler, and bullet cart movement. You reduce the speed and follow all the vehicles very carefully. Post Srirangapatna usual NH275 until you reach Mysore.

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-1.png

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-2.png

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-3.png

Overall, If you are ready to pay toll charges and drive an additional 50-60Km then this route is worth taking. I think travel time is almost the same. It took me 3 hours and 30 minutes both
onward and return journey. Until NH275 road extension work is completed, this is the best route from Bangalore to Mysore.
Old 26th December 2021, 10:26   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Driving to Virajpet tomorrw morning. Normally I would take the Neelamangala, CR Patna, H Narsipur, Periapatna route. BUT saw that the Yeshwantput elevated road is closed and there is a big jam under the flyover. So I am wondering if it would be better to take the Mysore Road to Srirangapatna then Hunsur, Gonikoppal, Virajpet?

GM states that the latter route is 50 km shorter but takes the same time as the former. So obviously the Mysore road is not so great.

So just for my information, how much of the Mysore Road is complete and how would the traffic be tomorrow. Planning to leave CV Raman Nagar at 6 am.
Old 26th December 2021, 13:08   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Would Nice road - Magadi road exit - Kunigal- Bellur cross won’t work?

Asking because even I need to be driving to Mysore day after and I just don’t want to take K’Pura road and with the Elevated flyover leading to Nelamangala being closed, it’s a pain.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 26th December 2021 at 13:09. Reason: Spelling
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 13:22   #1135
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Would Nice road - Magadi road exit - Kunigal- Bellur cross won’t work?

Asking because even I need to be driving to Mysore day after and I just don’t want to take K’Pura road and with the Elevated flyover leading to Nelamangala being closed, it’s a pain.
I don't know how the road conditions on Magadi route are, but yes with the Peenya elevated flyover being closed, an alternative route is better.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 13:33   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how the road conditions on Magadi route are, but yes with the Peenya elevated flyover being closed, an alternative route is better.
Road work in progress from NICE road exit till Magadi town.

Magadi to Gudemaranahalli is excellent tolled road.

I would pick the Gudemaranahalli option to reach Hassan highway over driving inside Magadi town and reaching Hassan Highway just before Kunigal bypass. The former saves quite some time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th December 2021 at 13:34.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 13:41   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
So I am wondering if it would be better to take the Mysore Road to Srirangapatna then Hunsur, Gonikoppal, Virajpet?
Go for it.

In spite of the road widening work that is going on, it is still a favorable route. Though there a number of diversions, the road surface is smooth and traffic is always moving. No where there was a hold up when we traveled last weekend. Plus ample restaurant options and all still makes this a peaceful drive through.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 13:10   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Road work in progress from NICE road exit till Magadi town.

Magadi to Gudemaranahalli is excellent tolled road.

I would pick the Gudemaranahalli option to reach Hassan highway over driving inside Magadi town and reaching Hassan Highway just before Kunigal bypass. The former saves quite some time.
Hi Parag,

We are starting to Mysore tomorrow morning from Kamakshipalya ( Magadi road). We are planning to go via Nelamangala, Bellur cross, but now with the Tumkur road flyover closed, do we need to take NICE road? How do we follow your recommended route above?
Old 27th December 2021, 13:13   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Hi Parag,

We are starting to Mysore tomorrow morning from Kamakshipalya ( Magadi road). We are planning to go via Nelamangala, Bellur cross, but now with the Tumkur road flyover closed, do we need to take NICE road? How do we follow your recommended route above?
From Magadi road you continue to Magadi town. Just before the town you will notice a prominent right with well done road and signage indicating Dabaspet etc. You turn right here. This will be the tolled state highway that will intersect with Nelamangala Hassan road at Gudemaranahalli. Where it intersects is a flyover where you take left onto service road and merge ahead with the Highway leading to Hassan/Bellur Cross.

From Kamakshipalya, when you leave you can set this as the first destination. Once you reach here you just continue ahead and merge with the Hassan highway here.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th December 2021 at 13:18.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 13:34   #1140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This will be the tolled state highway that will intersect with Nelamangala Hassan road at Gudemaranahalli
wouldn't the drive through town and magadi - kunigal route be faster? OR is the road condition after magadi very bad?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks