Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 00:36   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Deehunk - any recent updates on Magadi - H'Durga stretch?
The road from Magadi to H Durga has been widened and asphalting work is mostly completed. Work is now in progress from Thippagondanahalli to Magadi resulting in destruction of greenery. There aren't any bad patches as such, my last drive was in May 2021 for taking my parents to Vaccination in Mysore.
Old 30th June 2021, 08:28   #1067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The road from Magadi to H Durga has been widened and asphalting work is mostly completed. Work is now in progress from Thippagondanahalli to Magadi resulting in destruction of greenery. There aren't any bad patches as such, my last drive was in May 2021 for taking my parents to Vaccination in Mysore.
This section all the way from Magadi to H Durga was broken at many sections with on going work; end of last year. Also H Durga to Nagamangala was also pretty patchy and ridden with pot holes. Has this improved already?
Old 30th June 2021, 14:42   #1068
Senior - BHPian

It is far better now, work expected to complete by December. The stretch between Kunigal and Magadi is also getting widened.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 16:22   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Did a quick Bangalore-Mysore-Bangalore yesterday post unlock.

Bangalore Mysore expressway construction is in full swing and few sections are completed including couple of flyovers.
All the deviations are well marked, but it is important to keep safe speeds as the entire stretch is under construction.
The rains do not help, in many places there are large puddles of water which can catch people unaware. Today, I witnesses an Innova crysta aquaplaning and losing control on one such puddle. Luckily there wasn't much damage as it a mud mound.

Better stick to speeds under 100Kmph in this stretch.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 08:06   #1070
BHPian

Hi All,

Driving to Kabini this week mid week from Whitefield and return on weekend. Pls opine on route suggestions.

1. Regular mysore road
2. Kanakapura road till mysore
3. Via bellur cross - srirangpatna - mysore

530 start time from home and passengers insist on Thatte idli :-)

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th July 2021, 09:16   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Hi All,

Driving to Kabini this week mid week from Whitefield and return on weekend. Pls opine on route suggestions.

1. Regular mysore road
2. Kanakapura road till mysore
3. Via bellur cross - srirangpatna - mysore

530 start time from home and passengers insist on Thatte idli :-)

Thanks in advance!
There is quite a bit of construction going on in regular Mysuru highway. Though it should not bother you much if you start at 05.30 hrs.
My personal recommendation is via Bellur cross-Nagamangala for peaceful drive (but this will be longer since your starting point is Whitefield). For tasty thatte idly on this route, I recommend: Sambrama Hotel (Plus code: 3887+7V Lakkenahalli, Karnataka). They open at 6am.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 20:28   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to travel on Kanakapura road yesterday, and return was after sunset. The road is bad between BLR-Kanakapura, lots of diversions most which are not properly marked, vehicles with high-beam on - all combine to make it a pathetic drive experience.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:57   #1073
BHPian

I need to drive to Mysore tomorrow, leaving around 12 noon. Which is the best route I should take, considering the regular route via Maddur and Mandya is undergoing construction of the expressway?
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:43   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
I need to drive to Mysore tomorrow, leaving around 12 noon. Which is the best route I should take, considering the regular route via Maddur and Mandya is undergoing construction of the expressway?
Stick to regular route, while there are multiple diversions, they are well marked and transition between main road and service road is smooth and faster than alternative roads (unless you are driving from North/East Bangalore, then I would recommend via Nelamangala-> Kunigal -> Bellur cross -> Nagamangala -> pandavapura -> Mysore).

Take care not to overtake longer vehicles like bus, trucks at diversions and you should be good.
manjubp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 22:01   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kanakapura-Malvalli-Mysore is a good alternative, except that the roads between Blore-Kanakapura is undergoing road works. Post that it quick all the way to Mysore. I rode to Mysore via Maddur last weekend and returned via Kanakapura and the return was much faster upto Kanakapura.
On the Maddur route, you need to be patient now because of the road works.

Do note that I was on a bike, on a car it would be different and slower.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 19:01   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT but anyone here who has recently driven Shravanabelagola > Nagamangala > H.Durga > Magadi? Are the roads decent to drive?
Old 16th August 2021, 07:31   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Which is the best route I should take, considering the regular route via Maddur and Mandya is undergoing construction of the expressway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Kanakapura-Malvalli-Mysore is a good alternative, except that the roads between Blore-Kanakapura is undergoing road works.
A bit late to this. I also travelled Bangalore-Mysore on sixth and returned on eighth. I took the main route onwards and returned via Kanakpura road. There is nothing much to choose nowadays between the two routes and it's a matter of from where one starts (take the nearer road). Main route had traffic till Bidadi and it considerable thinned out post Ramnagara. Not the regularly clogged traffic that we were used to.

While returning, progress was swift all the way till Kanakpura with a scenic drive but Kanakpura to Nice Road took time due to bad road and substantial traffic.

Only important difference I felt was there are more break options on the main road (matters less these days).
Old 16th August 2021, 08:51   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Sunday late noon/ evenings via Kanakpura road is actually more frustrating than the normal route. K’Pura route is best avoided these days for the return back to Bangalore. Hopefully when the stretch of road construction is completed, it’ll become better.

These days, too many diversions and slow moving single lane traffic can test you.
Old 20th August 2021, 16:43   #1079
BHPian

Rode to Mysore today morning.
Started from Indiranagar at 6:45, stopped at Mayura for a dosa and couple of coffees and reached Mysore at 10:30.
Was in no hurry and was just enjoying the ride. The roads were impressively good for most of the way. I am sure if someone wants to, they can do it much much faster than I did.

Tomorrow, I want to go ride around some forests nearby and relax- was thinking of Bandipur, but open to suggestions. Would want a <200 kms door to door from Mysore.
Old 20th August 2021, 16:56   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore-Mysore expressway construction is in full swing, the changes are visible and the target end date is September 2022. If there are no more hiccups, this target can achieved.

Few potholes have come up on the old surface post monsoon, but overall it's fine, except for the traffic which is quite high at all times given that there is night curfew till 5AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Tomorrow, I want to go ride around some forests nearby and relax- was thinking of Bandipur, but open to suggestions. Would want a <200 kms door to door from Mysore.
Try BR hills and K.Gudi Camp, the roads are in good condition and traffic will be quite less compared to Bandipur, distance will be just a bit more than 200Kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-capture.png  

speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks