Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2006, 11:54   #61
BHPian

sonata was released in 2001 !!!!
dint know that..
ok so it must be a import.
tried calling him today .... not available i believe .
will try my luck later
Old 22nd February 2006, 01:55   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Not that i don't like the Lancer, my opinion is clearly based on which one has more potential........

So, It's the Baleno or an OHC....... you decide!!!
If you are really looking for potential go for the lancer, it has a Mitsubishi 4g15 engine, there are so many upgrades available for the lancer from so many manufacterers... throttlebodies,Cams,Fuel pumps,piggyback AFC's, standalone fuel management systems etc etc are so readily available..
In stock form Lancer may be slow but it definately has more potential in terms of mods.... and its quite possible to go for a DOHC setup also - there are kits which can be fitted for this engine.
atleast I feel that as I have seen HKS,Greddy, APEXI, RPW having stuff designed for specially for a 4g15...
Im not sure if Baleno has such a huge amount of stuff designed for it.. ?
Guyz correct me if im wrong..
Old 22nd February 2006, 10:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
If you are really looking for potential go for the lancer, it has a Mitsubishi 4g15 engine, there are so many upgrades available for the lancer from so many manufacterers... throttlebodies,Cams,Fuel pumps,piggyback AFC's, standalone fuel management systems etc etc are so readily available..
In stock form Lancer may be slow but it definately has more potential in terms of mods.... and its quite possible to go for a DOHC setup also - there are kits which can be fitted for this engine.
atleast I feel that as I have seen HKS,Greddy, APEXI, RPW having stuff designed for specially for a 4g15...
Im not sure if Baleno has such a huge amount of stuff designed for it.. ?
Guyz correct me if im wrong..
You are absolutely right.

Sunith, It would be better if you let your dad drive a baleno, get yourself an old lancer and modify it with the residual cash reamining with you. lancer looks more sporty while baleno looks elegant.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd February 2006 at 10:03.
Old 22nd February 2006, 14:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
throttlebodies,Cams,Fuel pumps,piggyback AFC's, standalone fuel management systems etc etc are so readily available..
... DOHC setup also - HKS,Greddy, APEXI, RPW having stuff designed for specially for a 4g15...
You're talking $$$ brother. I'm not so sure Sunith is looking for this sort of setup. One Baleno + head + cam + exhaust + filter = 1 Lancer + lots more.

You can get enough stuff for the Baleno also btw. I have only seen RPW works for a Lancer, and that too I'm not sure it's the 4G15. If you are referring to stuff like the emanage and the VAFC, they are more of one-size-fits-all devices.
Old 22nd February 2006, 17:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
You're talking $ea$$ brother. I'm not so sure Sunith is looking for this sort of setup. One Baleno + hd + cam + exhaust + filter = 1 Lancer + lots more.

You can get enough stuff for the Baleno also btw. I have only seen RPW works for a Lancer, and that too I'm not sure it's the 4G15. If you are referring to stuff like the emanage and the VAFC, they are more of one-size-fits-all devices.
Vip3r i dont know what you mean by that but if it means that i dont want a super car which will be some 160+bhp and will rip the competition apart, yeah you are right. I am not planning to race it. Just that my car shouldnot feel underpowered and it should be one enthusiastic car.
Old 22nd February 2006, 18:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
You are absolutely right.

Sunith, It would be better if you let your dad drive a baleno, get yourself an old lancer and modify it with the residual cash reamining with you. lancer looks more sporty while baleno looks elegant.
thanks for that advice...so can you tell me how much will go into modding a lancer to get a nice, fast, and a good looking lancer.
Also if i go for the INVECS wouldi be needing any additional performance mods?
Old 22nd February 2006, 19:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
thanks for that advice...so can you tell me how much will go into modding a lancer to get a nice, fast, and a good looking lancer.
Also if i go for the INVECS wouldi be needing any additional performance mods?

well you can start with a basic

16" alloys with tubeless tyres
K&N free flow
two-way Free flow Exhaust
Iridium 4 point sparks
sysnthetic engine oil for smoothness and refinement
white light bulbs
New spoiler
Momo steering
leather interiors
excellent audio system

will cost you anything from around 60k-80k depending on your choice. My guess for power figure would be around 100+bhp

if you want to go advanced

butterfly doors from autopsyche (also get the car turned into a coupe)
new front air dam
new light cluster
new interiors
DOHC setup
cpu chip
led underbody lighting
fibre glass hood and roof with sunroof
exhauast headerss/manifold upgrade
engine head porting and polishing

This advanced setup should get you around 120-130hp at max. price may be around 2-3 lacs.

contact autopsyche and he will make your lancer the most powerful beast in your city.

look at his creations on the forums for more info or contact him
Old 22nd February 2006, 20:41   #68
BHPian

ok ..... that s great but if i am not mistaken the SFXi is 122bhp in stock.....
Old 22nd February 2006, 21:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

16" alloys with tubeless tyres - over 40 k
K&N free flow - assuming this includes headers, around 12k
two-way Free flow Exhaust - what's a 2 way? and how is K&N free-flow different?
Iridium 4 point sparks - Why would you need these?
sysnthetic engine oil for smoothness and refinement - isn't the Lancer already refined. Besides this means 3k+ every 10k km
white light bulbs - 1k
New spoiler - Assuming alteast 3k
Momo steering - Assuming atleast 3k again
leather interiors - 25k
excellent audio system - another 25k atleast

So we end up with well over a lakh. And you are getting about 15 bhp for that. And all the other stuff is of zero value when you resell the car.

No comments on the advanced setup.
Old 22nd February 2006, 21:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

v1p3r

the mods that u covered while doing cost analysis are less (25 % only) of performance mods.
The mods like alloys, audio , leather should not be included as the same will apply for a used Baleno.
Headers, free flow, KnN, Spoiler is what Sunith is looking at maximum, which wont be more 20k at max.
Old 22nd February 2006, 21:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Dipen, I agree. But I was pointing out that Devarshi's budget was inaccurate. You cannot realistically expect FF+K&N+leather+16"+tyres+audio for 60-80k...
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:23   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
saw a sonata gold with airbags
done 45160
music system and al that
selling for 2.5l
what do you guys think?
thats incredibly difficult to believe bro, automart here is known for its quality used cars, but quality certainly commands a price, and that price would surely not be 2.5 lakhs, the cheapest sonatas i have seen are quoted at 4 lakhs.

you could look at the sonata for your dad, or maybe an old look accord, the 2001 models should be around 6 . . . so if you could pump in that lill extra dough . . . the mondeo falls in the 5.5-7 budget as well, but its one expensive car to maintain.

manson.
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:29   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
Sunith,

these are the details of the sonata from the autocarsite u were referring to :

Registered City : Delhi
if this car is white in colour, this car was driven by yours truly manson sometime back in 1999, and its definately not a 2000 or a 2001 model for sure.
its one helluva old car which needed to be pushed to get it started when it was left at my place as we were considering buying it back then.
stay away from that car bro . . .

manson.
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:44   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

A lancer 1.8 is as fast as NHC vtec even with the autobox. I was clearly impressed with the invecs. Loss of power is present but its more hyped up here on the posts.
drove the 1.8 invex before gtting my hands on my 1.5 ohc and bro the autobox messes everything up . . don't think its fast at all, atleast doesn't feel quick enough to thrill me. errrm the nhc vtec, lets not get started on that, we expected much more from honda.

SUNITH ---- the 1.8 invex was a one year old car, company registered, not even a minute spot on it, one would pass it off as a week old or something, and was quoted at 6 lakhs not negotiable then. it was the neatest used car i have seen till date, too bad it didn't thrill me at all even with the empty stretches i took it to .. .

manson.
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:47   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
well you can start with a basic

K&N free flow
two-way Free flow Exhaust

white light bulbs
New spoiler
Momo steering
leather interiors
excellent audio system

if you want to go advanced

butterfly doors from autopsyche (also get the car turned into a coupe)
new front air dam
new light cluster
new interiors

led underbody lighting
fibre glass hood and roof with sunrooF
i thought we were talking about performance . . . and btw whats a k&n freeflow?

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks