Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 01:17   #151
Senior - BHPian

lambo i have had my first corolla from the time it was released in the market and the other is about 3 months old. i have not had any problems faced by you or your friend, strange. my car does around 100km a day in the city and outside all types of roads, yet i have not had tyre issues. they are running on the OE tyres. please do write a letter for toyota and pm me your address will have it collected and i would have it discussed in the next WIAA manufacturer and members meeting.
why dont you think of going in for a SUV or a second hand mercedes stationwagon.
Old 29th September 2007, 02:22   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

@speedy -We too have had our corolla since it was launched in india (we had booked it in Dec 2002). While i would love to do that, i can't right now as i am in the US till december. Maybe when i come back in December i would be able to write a letter as well post some pics if possible along with bills to support the facts. The issue is that the suspension is very delicate. A small accident which just resulted with the front bumper being dented (nothing else) managed to spoil the suspension. While the car was rear ended as well, the suspension is still messed up even though we gave it to Toyota for repairs. It had come to such a stage that even a small scratch on the bumper would trigger of the tyre eating issue. we finally got it resolved from a local garage at a much cheaper cost than what Toyota charged for not doing anything. Even experienced garages (not A.S.S) such as Swadi Automobiles could not rectify the suspension. As for the tyre being eaten, that is an issue i have noticed in 3 corolla's (old gen) including ours and those are the only 3 corolla's i have looked at properly. However, the issue on those cars isn't as bad as ours as our's was hit a bit in the front as i mentioned earlier.

We aren't looking for an SUV as the ones within our budget are either fuel guzzlers or too big to fit in the garage in our building (I am totally against them being parked in the roads). As for a second hand mercedes stationwagon, won't they be too old?
We have almost decided on the Skoda Octavia LnK.
Old 29th September 2007, 12:49   #153
Senior - BHPian

i guess lamborghini you could write the letter on your return in india. please do take pictures of the car and also keep the service and other bill records.
the octavia LnK is a good car too, i would suggest you go for that then, it would make life easier.
ok so i guess the SUV is out then. the mercedes would be a 96/97 model that you would be looking at in secondhand.

Old 29th September 2007, 13:05   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

@speedy - i don't think we would be interested in a second hand mercedes of that vintage and i guess a new one would be too expensive.
Will definitely drop you a line once i am back in Mumbai.
Old 30th September 2007, 02:44   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Got an email from my dad. Says he is going to book the Combi.
But i have a few questions. Does the Combi come in any other diesel variants apart from the LnK?
Because in that email my dad was asking if i would be interested in the sunroof. AFAIK the combi LnK comes with a sunroof as standard equipment.
We are interested in the silver combi so any idea what type of interiors would come with that car? Dad was saying something about booking the version with black leather interiors. AFAIK, doesn't the LnK have tan leather and a tan theme inside?
Thanks!
Old 30th September 2007, 04:08   #156
BANNED

I think only RED and BLACK L&Ks come with tan clothing...silver,white or any other color gets black interiors,,, is jus my guess as this color code implies for Laura.
Old 30th September 2007, 09:33   #157
Team-BHP Support

the combi is only available in the l&n. no other variants.
Old 30th September 2007, 12:07   #158
Senior - BHPian

Lambo - What kind of discounts is he being offered for the car? And do keep this in mind that any parts specific to the Combi for eg. Tail lights etc. would not be easy to source.
Old 30th September 2007, 12:38   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

@iraghava - We know that but there are few other options. the dog is growing quite fast. I think the discount is around 40K.

@akshay - Thanks! thats what i thought too but when my dad asked if i wanted a sunroof, i was kind of confused.

@vittalnrv - are you sure of that?
Old 30th September 2007, 12:53   #160
Team-BHP Support

lamborghini - the dealers might have a few rs combis in stock. why dont you check if they do. youll get a good price on them too. maybe thats what they were offering your dad? or does the rs come with a sunroof too?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 30th September 2007 at 13:00.
Old 30th September 2007, 12:54   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
the first option was the Octavia RS but it is not available in stock anymore.
Also, the RS comes with a Sunroof.
Old 30th September 2007, 13:23   #162
Senior - BHPian

Am wondering why the Innova has been rejected.
Old 30th September 2007, 13:36   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Am wondering why the Innova has been rejected.
because he dosent want an suv/muv.
Old 1st October 2007, 01:15   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

@anup - we never really looked at the innova this time. We have come close to buying it but my dad never really liked the car for some reason.
Instead, we've booked the Skoda Octavia Combi LnK with black leather (could someone please confirm if the silver LnK Combi comes with black leather. Please. I dont want a car with beige interiors and black leather seats. Thanks!).
Old 1st October 2007, 09:59   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@anup - we never really looked at the innova this time. We have come close to buying it but my dad never really liked the car for some reason.
Thanks for the reply Lambo. What a pity - your dad probably has something similar to what I feel. I simply cannot accept the look of the Innova. Otherwise, it could form an excellent solution for the pooch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks