Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 00:07   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
some help please.
Is there any other station wagon other than the Combi in that price range?
And what would be better? The car would be occasionaly taken to Pune but will be mainly used in the city by the drivers in the day and by me in the night.
So is the RS better or the LnK?
Heart says RS but mind says LnK.
Is the RS combi a good drivers car? I mean similar to the regular RS? I would love to have a performance car in the house which i could drive. Would the Combi RS fit that requirement?
Old 24th September 2007, 04:04   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Also,
what is the discount we can expect on the Combi RS in Mumbai?
Old 24th September 2007, 11:22   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

BUMP
Some help guys. We want to buy the vehicle before October.
Old 24th September 2007, 13:20   #124
Senior - BHPian

The RS combi is a 1.6 Tpi whereas the RS is 1.8. If mileage is not an issue you should take the RS combi since you are looking for a station wagon. Its 150 bhp and is really quick. However I've not seen that many on Bangalore roads. Probably one of the reasons no one has commented on it.

L&K is mainly about fitment and finish. I think the L&K Combi is a 1.9 TDi.
Old 24th September 2007, 13:30   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The RS combi is a 1.6 Tpi whereas the RS is 1.8.
I'm sure both are 1.8 TPi. The same engine drives both.
Old 24th September 2007, 14:36   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

The RS is a 1.8TPi and the LnK is a 1.9TDi.
I was looking for a good drivers car which is practical given the requirements that it will also be used to ferry a young German Shepard that is growing bigger everyday,
Old 24th September 2007, 15:15   #127
BHPian

hey lambo pls check Nissan Teana, i saw the other day in chennai, rear space is amazing, its very nice car which ever way u look at it, and its very solid too
Old 24th September 2007, 15:15   #128
BANNED

You started planning to buy a car from 6th June - 24th September and still you dont have a wise decision to make,,, if anyone suggests you a car here you jus have to say the negative things about it,,,if this is gonna be your attitude then sorry brother your in the wrong place!!
Old 24th September 2007, 16:10   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David View Post
hey lambo pls check Nissan Teana, i saw the other day in chennai, rear space is amazing, its very nice car which ever way u look at it, and its very solid too
his budget is 13lacs not 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
You started planning to buy a car from 6th June - 24th September and still you dont have a wise decision to make,,, if anyone suggests you a car here you jus have to say the negative things about it,,,if this is gonna be your attitude then sorry brother your in the wrong place!!
if he lists the negative things whats wrong about this. its his choice and let him take his time to buy it. i dont see why you should be bothered about it.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:42   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post

Hmm. Its his money and his decision to make. Do not make personal comments here. Wise decision, attitude... If you have anything helpful to say please go ahead, otherwise....

Lambo, I've been in an RS, not the combi. Its awesome. You should go ahead with the RS combi if you are looking at driving pleasure. 150 bhp, 16 inch tyres, combined with Skoda's solid image. If its fit and finish take the L&K. Its just 90 bhp but its diesel.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:48   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
we're back to square one.
The Skoda Combi RS has been discontinued according gto a local Skoda dealer!

@vittalnrv - I don't mind waiting for how many ever month but I want us to get a car that perfectly fits our requirements. If there is a reason I don't want a particular car, i list the reasons why. When buying a car, you want to buy one which makes you compromise the least and i have mentioned the reasons why a particular car does not suit our requirements.

@Vino - We are thinking about selling the Accord/Sonata later (we're selling the corolla now. Too many problems) and getting either a Camry or Leana. Both are really beautiful cars.

Last edited by lamborghini : 24th September 2007 at 22:54.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:32   #132
BANNED

Ok my apologies to lamborghini and may I also suggest you to peek a VW Passat,,, am jus waiting for the dealership here in Bangalore to be opened.It seems to be a very nice car with good performance and features to pack.
Old 25th September 2007, 05:58   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

@vittal - Its all good bro.
The Passat v/s Camry v/s Superb v/s Teana debate will start after we choose a car to replace the Corolla first.
Old 25th September 2007, 12:52   #134
Senior - BHPian

lamborghini i would suggest you go in for the SKODA RS COMBI to replace the corolla. i dont know why you dont like the new corolla i have the first lot and the new corolla both AT and am very happy with them. but each to their own. the RS combi is both sporty and practical everyday car.
later when you do want to change to a bigger car i would say look deep into the passat and you wont have to look any further. i did the comparrision and found the passat AT to be worth the money. second in the lot came the teana.
hope you have loads of fun with your new car soon.
Old 25th September 2007, 13:00   #135
Senior - BHPian

I'd say if the corolla is not falling apart, wait for the diesel Laura RS to hit the market. The 10 year old octavia simply looks too dated these days.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks