Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 15:29   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hyundai cars are not reliable. Their low quality will be seen after 2-3 years. You will see a lot of complaints. I could point out 3 Incidents.

One of my friend was driving from Bangalore to Kerala, on the way there was a gutter and he could not escape from that and as a result his chasis bent. He had to change the chasis fully.

I witnessed an accident in Kerala (near kottayam), An Accent hit a bus and after 5 minutes its petrol tank bursted eventhough the accident was not major one.

One of my colleague has a Santro. It turned just 3 now. When you drive for some time the engine will turn off automatically. For next 5-10 minutes you can't start the engine again and the sad part is that the service engineers could not able to identify the problem till date. He has been facing this for more than 3 months.

Hi Anumod hope you got answer for 3rd issue from Vchounol, I think because the other 2 issues by human errors, for that company con’t be blamed. jest like that.One can’t decide XYZ Company is not reliable. This my personal opinion.
Old 3rd October 2008, 01:53   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod
Hyundai cars are not reliable. Their low quality will be seen after 2-3 years. You will see a lot of complaints. I could point out 3 Incidents.

AFAIK, hyundai cars are quite reliable when compared to maruti suzuki. in fact more than tatas. if u ask me to arrange in decreasing reliablility of chasis/body(even interior) of vehicles, i would give it as
ford > honda > hyundai > tata > maruti.
sorry if i am wrong
Old 6th October 2008, 16:00   #138
BHPian

Hi Stealth,

My thoughts:
FE: Fiesta Diesel
Ride and Handling: Fiesta
Power: Verna
A.S.S: Hyundai (Verna)

Magnum comes in 3 variants (ex Showroom starts at 8.95L) but you will get good discounts. I would say in Bangalore, the on road will start around 10.5L
Old 25th November 2008, 12:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

After a long gap i am back
gone outside india and changed my company so cancelled buying Skoda Laura(Prev Company Lease Policy) and really need a new car as i sold my WagonR to my friend.
I'll be getting the car by Next Year only after Jan.
then only we can get a 2009 manufactured car.am i correct.
Consider only Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci Sxi.Hyundai i20 Crdi too.
But Ford Ikon 1.4 Tdci has released.So probably Ford Fiesta 1.6 Tdci will be coming in near future.
Guys,Do you have any idea when it will be launched.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:12   #140
Senior - BHPian

Karthik , You are back to confuse the mods huh? ( Kidding). About Fiesta 1.6TDCI there is actually not much info. But my dealer did mention that they are looking at options for it. But he felt the price of 1.6TDCI would take it Rs.80,000 above and close to Magnum territory so Ford is thinking twice. Im just sharing the info i got. Why dont you wait for Linea and atleast keep it as an option.

IMO Fiesta TDCI SXI is quite expensive . After Linea launch they might give better discounts compared till now.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:21   #141
Senior - BHPian

hmmm.
Yes asusual i have a list of cars in mind.
Linea has top priority.But i need a car very badly for commutation before Feb 2009.
I don't think Fiat will release Linea before Feb 2009.
I have eyed on Hyundai i20 Crdi too(might be released by next month).
During the time of my purchase,I defn have some new models to choose.
Let's see.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:25   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
hmmm.
Yes asusual i have a list of cars in mind.
Linea has top priority.But i need a car very badly for commutation before Feb 2009.
I don't think Fiat will release Linea before Feb 2009.
I have eyed on Hyundai i20 Crdi too(might be released by next month).
During the time of my purchase,I defn have some new models to choose.
Let's see.

Dude Wakey Wakey!! Linea is coming sometime Mid Dec 08!! Follow the Linea thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-started.html

Hyundai might launch the i20 in Jan instead of Dec launch.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:32   #143
Senior - BHPian

Yes i read the thread.
But some people have posted their doubt as fiat will delay the launch.
I too have it in my mind.
if they release it on date i am happy as i have a new car for TD.
Old 25th November 2008, 15:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yes i read the thread.
But some people have posted their doubt as fiat will delay the launch.
I too have it in my mind.
if they release it on date i am happy as i have a new car for TD.
Please dont fall for the comments by *some people*. Fiat website itself says Dec launch . They also mentioned in media about Mid dec launch. Be positive this car would surely be launched soon.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:58   #145

My driving speed in the highways are max. 110 KMPH. and i like Fiesta, but the problem is about their ***.

Is anybody know that the *** of ford in Trivandrum?
Old 7th July 2011, 10:01   #146
BANNED

Re: Ford Fiesta Diesel Zxi Vs Hyundai Verna Crdi Sxi ABS

I had a Chevrolet Spark that i just sold out and now am planning to upgrade to a decent sedan. Considering traffic conditions on Hyderabad roads, i did not want to buy a new car. Ford Fiesta and Verna CRDI were 2 cars in my mind, this thread has flooded me with a lot of info. However, am still to take a final decision on what car to buy. Thank you!
Old 7th July 2011, 10:52   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Diesel Zxi Vs Hyundai Verna Crdi Sxi ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn.chandramouly View Post
I had a Chevrolet Spark that i just sold out and now am planning to upgrade to a decent sedan. Considering traffic conditions on Hyderabad roads, i did not want to buy a new car. Ford Fiesta and Verna CRDI were 2 cars in my mind, this thread has flooded me with a lot of info. However, am still to take a final decision on what car to buy. Thank you!
The discussion here might no longer be relevent. Newer versions of both Verna and Fiesta are here, the version of Verna discussed here is no longer in production, a newer Verna has replaced it. The Fiesta discussed here has been re-positioned in a segment lower and renamed Classic, the new Fiesta is coming this month.

Note from Support: Closing the old discussion as it's no longer relevant for new car buyers. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks