Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 15:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The spare parts are relatively expensive.
This was something i checked with some of my friends owning a fiesta before i bought mine. This is just a myth
Old 9th October 2008, 15:05   #32
BHPian

Autocar had a clear comparision on the parts cost. Most of the petrol Fiesta parts are competitive.While they aren't the lowest in its segment overall, if you look at the individual parts price the difference is not huge. Rs. 250 price difference for a specific part is hardly going to be a issue while the price of all components is not some thing any one would need to pay, besides there is warranty and insurance to cover most the parts costs anyway. It was the perception that ford cars generally tend to have issues more often than other cars and when there is a nagging hard to find issue turns up and A.S.S is unable to pick it up and fix it that caused more heartburn when it comes to the ownershipo experience and it has more to do with Ikon's failure rate like the HVAC issues that cost a good deal to address and mostly end up reappearing rather than a Fiesta's issue.

Also the price of diesel subsystems tend to be higher and also a tendency to fail more often partly due to the fact they are spend more time on the road than in the parking lot and its easier to miss their service cycle.

So when it comes to petrol Fiesta S the Cost of spares and also the servicabilty of the vehicle is less of a concern.
Also of you would rather like to not foot the bill if an issues tend to crop up early(Ford's lemon %is higher compared to other vendor's is a perception that refuses to die down even with the Fiesta) you may take up the 'total maintenance plan' that costs ~13 K for 2 years. Apart from free parts replacement it also means no bills including for labour on any service done with in the TMP period(that alone would be worth some 4K I guess.

If and when I close on the Fiesta S by end of this month, I will do it only with the TMP along with extended warranty.
This way the best driver's car under 10 L also would end up being a less painful ownership experience.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:06   #33
BHPian

Why i want to buy Fiesta is because i dont want to spend 10lacs IMO for a petrol car and i will buy a diesel car above 15lacs next year.I think i am almost fixed on Fiesta S.Anyway i will TD ANHC before my final decision.Thank you very much friends for all your valuable comments.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:27   #34
BHPian

After reading Viveks comprehensive review on the new City, that would be my pick over the Fiesta. Its bigger, faster and (as a Honda) more reliable than a Ford. Plus, a fresh model is always special to own.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:38   #35
BHPian

I guess, we will have to give it a wait! Once the G3HC touches down this Nov, Ford for sure will throw away further discounts on the Fiesta!
Old 9th October 2008, 20:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I guess, we will have to give it a wait! Once the G3HC touches down this Nov, Ford for sure will throw away further discounts on the Fiesta!
Agreed and that would even make it a juicier deal then it is today
I somehow got my eyes set on the 1.6S, with the corporate discount today it works out to 7,66,000/- and if Ford gets pushed in a corner with the ANHC launch the discount could be even better.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:22   #37
BHPian

Yeah wait for the discounts now.But again we have to wait for another 3 months for the discounts.Still 20000/- is a nice deal +corporated offer.

Last edited by jerish666 : 9th October 2008 at 20:23.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Diwali and end of Dec is the best time for discounts imho.
One of my friends got his ikon in dec with a down payment of 10k
Old 9th October 2008, 20:48   #39
BANNED

If you're not worried about mileage then New city is a no-brainer, Buy it you won't regret it.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:51   #40
BHPian

Ford always offer Big discounts at year end, Wait and TD ANHC and you can make your mind after that, if no to ANHC then you end up buying Fiesta with more goodies.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
If you're not worried about mileage then New city is a no-brainer, Buy it you won't regret it.
I am not worried about mileage too much.May be we get 1-2 km/l extra for ANHC.When i TD Fiesta S the feel of the car is awesome.Especially the handling and stability.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:13   #42
BHPian

Go for the Fiesta depending on how tall you are and how often you are going to carry passengers in the rear. I am 5'10" and people sitting behind me find it difficult. Rear legroom is very poor. But its a great drivers car feels really peppy and nimble.

On the other hand just checked out the 3GHC. Its really good. It costs a good bit more than the Fiesta but in return you get more space in the front and the back along with Honda's reliability it should be a great buy. There was no test drive vehicle available so I can't comment on drivability but going by Honda's iVTEC 118PS 1.5L engine it should cream the Fiesta in every way.

I would recommend the 3GHC anyday.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:15   #43

Opted Fiesta

Hi Jerish, I too had the same predicament as you: whether to choose the Ford Fiesta S or the new Honda city. After taking a good look at the City, I booked the Fiesta last week. The main reason: Price difference of almost 1.2 lakh rupees. As already mentioned in this forum, that was some money to spend for the Honda brand, given the high interest rates prevailing now. I agree that Honda has a better brand image, but I found the Fiesta S to be a much better value for money. I am getting it at around 7.7 lakh on new in Navi Mumbai, which is a great price for the package it offers. Plus, it's a sheer delight to drive. My average monthly running is just about 750 Kms, so mileage is not so much of a concern for me. As for spares, well, you don't buy a car just because its spares are cheaper. And in any case, how much more can Ford charge amid today's cut-throat competition? And I understand that Ford's aftersale service has also improved.
If the new City was priced some 50K higher, I would have opted for it. But the current price difference is too much of an asking.
Anyways, do take a test drive of the new City before you decide. I think the bottomline is you should like the car you want to buy. All other factors are secondary. Cheers. Sachu
Old 9th October 2008, 22:10   #44
BHPian

I agree with Sachu, the difference in price is just too much. If you' re using the Fiesta only 1000 km a month, there are no mileage savings to speak of.
The other two plus points of the Honda would be re-sale value (which is definitely better) and public image (which is also better).
On the other hand, the Fiesta will be great fun to drive, and will tickle all the right spots in a car freak, plus the goodies list is awesome. Service costs are no longer an issue I think.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Hi Jerish, I too had the same predicament as you: whether to choose the Ford Fiesta S or the new Honda city. After taking a good look at the City, I booked the Fiesta last week. The main reason: Price difference of almost 1.2 lakh rupees. As already mentioned in this forum, that was some money to spend for the Honda brand, given the high interest rates prevailing now. I agree that Honda has a better brand image, but I found the Fiesta S to be a much better value for money. I am getting it at around 7.7 lakh on new in Navi Mumbai, which is a great price for the package it offers. Plus, it's a sheer delight to drive. My average monthly running is just about 750 Kms, so mileage is not so much of a concern for me. As for spares, well, you don't buy a car just because its spares are cheaper. And in any case, how much more can Ford charge amid today's cut-throat competition? And I understand that Ford's aftersale service has also improved.
If the new City was priced some 50K higher, I would have opted for it. But the current price difference is too much of an asking.
Anyways, do take a test drive of the new City before you decide. I think the bottomline is you should like the car you want to buy. All other factors are secondary. Cheers. Sachu
Exactly my view is also same like you.Their aftersale service has improved a lot.Mine will be 1000kms average may be more sometimes,still its fine for me.Here I dont have to book the car its already there in the yard.Give the cheque take the car and go Fida.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks