Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 22:20   #46
BHPian

After hearing all of you, I'm getting really really enthused to just go and pick up the 1.6S, just a small niggling feeling at the back of my head for 2 things.
1. A TD of the ANHC. (Jerish I really feel you should consider it)
2. Larger discounts from Ford once the ANHC is available. (Extra discounts are always welcome)
All in all with the price that you pay, the 1.6S is already a steal, with more discounts it will be a lottery win.
Old 10th October 2008, 12:11   #47
BHPian

Thanks Jerry for Starting this thread! I have been in a similair sort of a predicament for sometime now. First the wait for Cedia Sports, then the dissappointment, falling back on Plan B -the Fiesta and finally the new City coming into the picture.

I would like throw in another aspect into the debate here, something which has been bothering me.-

How good is the ground clearance of the Fiesta S? Is it lower than the regular Fiesta? How much does the bigger tyres offset the skirting in the S version? When i took the test drive, the sales guy kept reminding me to slow down over bad patches and the road humps. (Not a good sales guy, is he?). That has somehow left an impression on me. I'm an enthusiatic driver and I dont want this aspect to dampen my spirits after buying one.

Sathee, You seem to own one, whats your experience been like? Has the underbody ever scraped the roads?
Old 10th October 2008, 12:36   #48
BHPian

I've not scraped a single speed breaker yet, It goes over some big speed breakers with ease and I've tried some on full load too. When i took a TD of the Fiesta 1.6S the sales manager asked me to get into some bumps, on and off the road delibratly.. that was an aspect i liked. So GC is not an issue
Old 10th October 2008, 13:16   #49
BHPian

There is no problem for GC.Normal Fiesta and S having same GC.Bumps are not an issue.I dont know the offset.Why you want to know the offset Crazy?
@Sathee46 did you check the mileage?
Old 10th October 2008, 13:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
There is no problem for GC.Normal Fiesta and S having same GC.Bumps are not an issue.I dont know the offset.Why you want to know the offset Crazy?
@Sathee46 did you check the mileage?

Thanks Sathee, I seem to be closer to a decision than I ever was.

@Jerry - What I meant was this - the skirting obviously brings down the car a little as compared to the normal non-kitted fiesta. But then the S version comes with 15' tyres as opposed to the regular fiesta - my qeustion was how much that would compensate?
Old 10th October 2008, 13:53   #51
BHPian

It's giving close to 10-11, I will do a proper check soon. I was in an idea of checking the mileage after the First service.
Old 10th October 2008, 14:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
It's giving close to 10-11, I will do a proper check soon. I was in an idea of checking the mileage after the First service.
Is this with a light foot on the accelerator Sathee ? Or is it with high revs and quick acceleration ?

The car's got such a cool engine that you get tempted to push the pedal down, maybe if you own if for a long time you get used to the feeling and sober down.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:36   #53
BHPian

I keep it down as it's still in run in it's just done over 1600Kms. Tried high revving sometimes just to hear that awesome roar of the engine.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:04   #54
BHPian

Guys,

I barely see the Feista S on the Bangalore roads somehow, have spotted a Eelctric Blue and a Red. Any idea how Black looks like on this car?
Old 15th October 2008, 14:26   #55
BHPian

I did see a Black Fiesta S in Indira Nagar 100 feet road. It looks Great. Infact that would be the colour to buy in Fiesta Sport. Contrasts well with the Alloys too.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
I did see a Black Fiesta S in Indira Nagar 100 feet road. It looks Great. Infact that would be the colour to buy in Fiesta Sport. Contrasts well with the Alloys too.
Yes black looks awesome (as long as it's kept clean and well polished). The one hitch with black is that it easily shows the fine swirls/scratches in the paint and also isn't very easy to keep clean and maintain.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:48   #57
BHPian

Honda City is priced higher and you have to wait – my suggestion to all you folks is you are happy with Fiesta, go for it as it a VFM that you will not regret. Wait only if you have more money and time.
BTW wonder why SX4 is not in direct consideration to Fiesta. It comes in same price band with loaded features.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

New fiesta looks good! but the competition is tough
Old 15th October 2008, 16:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Yes black looks awesome (as long as it's kept clean and well polished). The one hitch with black is that it easily shows the fine swirls/scratches in the paint and also isn't very easy to keep clean and maintain.
i kinda also like the sports blue color in fiesta 1.6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
BTW wonder why SX4 is not in direct consideration to Fiesta. It comes in same price band with loaded features.
i would think of the sx4 if they launched the sport variant here
Suzuki Auto
Suzuki Auto
besides i am not quite sure if it handles like the cedia or fiesta, given the high ground clearance (derived from a station wagon i believe??)
Old 15th October 2008, 17:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't the ANHC pricing/features put it in direct competition with the Cedia? Has the Cedia been considered? Apart from the lousy A.S.S in certain parts of the country, it's a very good car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks