Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 09:08   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Count me in. Taken delivery on Sept 12th. 1.6S Aquarius - read head turner -
Thats great.So 1 more member is in.Why dont you post your experience?
Sriram hows your Goodyear NCT 5 tyre?
Old 29th October 2008, 22:42   #122
BHPian

Got my FOrd Fiesta 1.6S

Finally i got my Fiesta 1.6S today.I got the delivery by 5pm.I love the car its really VFM.I will post the pictures soon.
Once again thank you to all the members who helped me .
Old 29th October 2008, 23:08   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Finally i got my Fiesta 1.6S today.
Congratulations Jerish.cheers:
Old 30th October 2008, 07:49   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Finally i got my Fiesta 1.6S today.
Congratulations Jerish, cheers: Waiting for the pictures
Old 30th October 2008, 08:50   #125
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Jerish. So, the decision which was long pending finally comes to an end.
Initial impressions and snaps awaited.
Old 30th October 2008, 09:46   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Thats great.So 1 more member is in.Why dont you post your experience?
Sriram hows your Goodyear NCT 5 tyre?
First of all congrats Jerry - like sathee said you wont feel like getting out of the car. Now 1.6S seems to be covering most big cities.

About the tyres, I am probably the wrong person since I do not really know what you are looking for But here is my "rapidly depreciating" 50 paise.

The two things I noticed compared to my Santro was the road grip at high speeds. Never felt like I was going at 110+ Kmph. Also the air pressure seems to remain for a much longer duration. May be because of new tyres but I had to check tyre pressure in my old santro once in 3 weeks.

I am quite happy with the wheels (first timer with Alloy and tubeless) but I think slightly bigger wheels will make the car look even better. Hope this helps.
Old 30th October 2008, 11:34   #127

Congrats

Congratulations Jerry. Will look for a Aquarius shining on Trivandrum roads when I come there next week! (I am from TVM...) All the best, cheers! Sachu
Old 30th October 2008, 14:56   #128
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer, and he mentioned that he would still be able to get me a vehicle by the 4/5th of Nov. He claims that they could now get an Aquarius piece from the factory.. strange I wonder what changed ?
Old 30th October 2008, 17:05   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Congratulations Jerish.cheers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Congratulations Jerish, cheers: Waiting for the pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats Jerish. So, the decision which was long pending finally comes to an end.
Initial impressions and snaps awaited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
First of all congrats Jerry - like sathee said you wont feel like getting out of the car. Now 1.6S seems to be covering most big cities.

About the tyres, I am probably the wrong person since I do not really know what you are looking for But here is my "rapidly depreciating" 50 paise.

The two things I noticed compared to my Santro was the road grip at high speeds. Never felt like I was going at 110+ Kmph. Also the air pressure seems to remain for a much longer duration. May be because of new tyres but I had to check tyre pressure in my old santro once in 3 weeks.

I am quite happy with the wheels (first timer with Alloy and tubeless) but I think slightly bigger wheels will make the car look even better. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Congratulations Jerry. Will look for a Aquarius shining on Trivandrum roads when I come there next week! (I am from TVM...) All the best, cheers! Sachu
Thats great Sachu.PM me when you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Just got a call from my dealer, and he mentioned that he would still be able to get me a vehicle by the 4/5th of Nov. He claims that they could now get an Aquarius piece from the factory.. strange I wonder what changed ?
Glenn so you are happy.Hope you get the car soon.All the best.

Thanx all.I am busy now i dont have time to get down from the car .Really dont feel so.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:11   #130
BHPian

Congratulations Jerish! Do post some pics, real quick!!! Hope it inspires me to take a final decision. I had booked a Black S almost 2 months back and still holding onto it!
Old 30th October 2008, 19:55   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
Congratulations Jerish! Do post some pics, real quick!!! Hope it inspires me to take a final decision. I had booked a Black S almost 2 months back and still holding onto it!
Car'zy, did you read the latest November edition Autocar ?
Read the last paragraph of the ANHC review, they feel the Fiesta is a much better drivers car in terms of feel and overall driving pleasure (though the ANHC would have a technologically more advanced VTEC engine). Also the AAA (Ask Autocar Anything) column in the same mag, they again voted for the Fiesta 1.6 as a drivers cars. the ANHC has it's own virtues, but in terms of driving pleasure it definitely doesn't beat the 1.6S, same goes for the VFM that the 1.6S gives you.

Don't think twice about it, if you enjoy driving and are an auto freak, then the Fiesta 1.6S is the one to go for.
If you want a newer market product, bit more interior cabin space, better resale value few years down the line (who knows what can happen in a few years eitherway, but it can still be a consideration), and you want to empty your wallet by a whopping 1.75Lac more, then the ANHC is the one to go for. Mind you, if you still go in for the fog lamps, alloys (Honda OEM)), tyre upsize, it would cost you a better of 50K.
All in all on the lower side of a million bucks, the 1.6S is an excellent package for a pure bred petrol head.
I expect to get my 1.6S aquarius in a weeks time, and am only itching to get into the drivers seat.
Old 30th October 2008, 20:32   #132
BHPian

Sorry guys these are the pictures i took it before the PD with my cell phone.It is not clear enough.I will post nice pictures with my camera and post it later.

Guys i love the suspension of Fiesta S.When i spoke to the service engineer in ford told me the ECU of fiesta S is different than normal SXI petrol Fiesta.Fiesta S is little bit more powerful than SXI petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S-29102008334.jpg  

New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S-29102008335.jpg  

New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S-29102008332.jpg  

Old 30th October 2008, 20:47   #133
BHPian

Wow, awesome pictures Jerish. Gotta say it, the 1.6S has got the butch looks. Cheers :-)
Old 30th October 2008, 21:01   #134
BHPian

Hey Jerish, I'm not sure if I missed it in the snap, but in the centre of the alloys, isn't there a Ford emblem ? Or is that something that they add later prior to delivering the car ?
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S-alloyw.jpg  

Old 30th October 2008, 21:19   #135
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, jerrish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks