Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 20:28   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Now I am actually wondering whether I would want to replace it for a minor scratch. The day was anyway spoiled and even the splendid drive of the car didn't cheer me up. I understand that the spare bumpers are painted at the dealer side and am not sure whether it will have the same quality as the original one.
Sachu, you can be sure of the fact that the bumper would definitely match upto how it was on the new car. Frankly, there is no need to replace the bumper, they do a good job getting rid of the scratches.

Now, where are the pics?
Old 28th October 2008, 21:12   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Congrats buddy.Hows your new ride?
If it is a minor scracth dont change it.Please post photos.
Sachu, Congrats on your new car.

I also agree that if it is scratch only, then do not change the bumper. Even the new one will not come color matched from factory, they will in fact get raw one and paint it at the dealer place.
Old 28th October 2008, 21:41   #108
BHPian

Hey Sachu, congrats on your new ride.

If it's only a superficial scratch on the paint, go by what everyone else on the forums already advised, just get it painted at the dealer. If it's a deep one on the bumper, then if they are replacing it let them.
Old 28th October 2008, 21:47   #109
BHPian

Guys, my dealer called today evening and mentioned that there's no way he can get the 1.6S in Aquarius colour delivered by the 4th / 5th of Nov. He mentioned that the colour isn't in stock at the Ford factory and they'll have to get a fresh piece painted and assembled. I believe he's also tried with other dealers in Mumbai and the other dealer in Pune, but none of them have a 1.6S in Aquarius colour in stock.
He expects that I should tentatively have the car on the 16th / 17th of Nov. If I want a delivery prior to that then he's got the 1.6S available in other colours, but I feel it's not worth it. I actually liked the Aquarius colour and I feel the 1.6S loses out on it's individuality (if you take the other colours) since the Aquarius colour is unique to this model.

Darn 2 - 3 weeks more is a long wait.
Old 28th October 2008, 22:01   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Guys, my dealer called today evening and mentioned that there's no way he can get the 1.6S in Aquarius colour delivered by the 4th / 5th of Nov. He mentioned that the colour isn't in stock at the Ford factory and they'll have to get a fresh piece painted and assembled. I believe he's also tried with other dealers in Mumbai and the other dealer in Pune, but none of them have a 1.6S in Aquarius colour in stock.
He expects that I should tentatively have the car on the 16th / 17th of Nov. If I want a delivery prior to that then he's got the 1.6S available in other colours, but I feel it's not worth it. I actually liked the Aquarius colour and I feel the 1.6S loses out on it's individuality (if you take the other colours) since the Aquarius colour is unique to this model.

Darn 2 - 3 weeks more is a long wait.
Glenn i am really sorry about the last car i pulled from the factory.Most probably i will get it tomorrow.Truck is here in Trivandrum waiting for the cars to get unloaded.There are 2 Fiesta S in the truck one is my blue aquarius and another one is morello.Tomorrow i am going to showroom before they unloade cars.
You better wait for blue,its damn bright colour.Dont miss it Glenn.
@sachu can u please confirm whether the headunit is 6cd player or not?
Old 28th October 2008, 22:18   #111
BHPian

Quote:
You better wait for blue,its damn bright colour.Dont miss it Glenn.
Yes that's true, the Aquarius is a darn cool colour, and I'll wait for that one itself, one thing though is that if the delay is going to be much longer I'll cancel the Fiesta and maybe reconsider something else. A bit cheesed off now since I don't have a vehicle anymore. I sold my old one already.

Quote:
Hey I thought the Fiesta came with a single disc MP3 player.
Old 28th October 2008, 22:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
It's not a 6 CD player.
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S-fiesta.jpg  

Old 28th October 2008, 22:30   #113
BHPian

Yup that's a 2DIN, single disc MP3 player. Should be good enough since with MP3's in high quality (320kbps) you can still fit a sizeable number on 1 CD.
Old 28th October 2008, 22:38   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Yup that's a 2DIN, single disc MP3 player. Should be good enough since with MP3's in high quality (320kbps) you can still fit a sizeable number on 1 CD.
Its pretty decent sound compare to other OE music system.Headunit is Sanyo.I dont know which make is speakers.There are 6 speakers including tweeter.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:26   #115
BANNED

ICE ain't that cool!

Quote:
Its pretty decent sound compare to other OE music system. Headunit is Sanyo. I dont know which make is speakers.There are 6 speakers including tweeter.
Sorry to disagree Jerry. The sound system begs a lot to be replaced. It's not good sounding at all. Speakers are very cheap with flat, slim magnets and cones. Even the HU ain't that great. It's a Sanyo?
I hope you haven't sold your ICE from the Octy!
Old 29th October 2008, 06:56   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Sorry to disagree Jerry. The sound system begs a lot to be replaced. It's not good sounding at all. Speakers are very cheap with flat, slim magnets and cones. Even the HU ain't that great. It's a Sanyo?
Zakko compared to other OE music system it is far far better.Whatever it is i will change it later.
I sold it already.
Old 29th October 2008, 08:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Quote:
Zakko compared to other OE music system it is far far better.Whatever it is i will change it later.
I sold it already.
Woke up early it seems?

If you are interested I will give you an option for ICE upgrade, a really nice one. PM if interested asap.
Old 29th October 2008, 08:33   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Woke up early it seems?

If you are interested I will give you an option for ICE upgrade, a really nice one. PM if interested asap.
Is it something like lottery?
Any free upgradations are always welcome.
Old 29th October 2008, 08:45   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Oh that's cool then Jerish, if your car is already despatched you will definitely get it soon. Maybe even before the 4th/5th of Nov since it takes a max of around 8 days after ordering. (Cheers)

And by the way, a week or two is definitely better than a wait of 6 - 8 weeks for some poor folks who booked the ANHC. I can't imagine how they must be waiting for the days to advance.

In my case, the dealer mentioned that the Ford Automobiles despatch department is closed in the coming week, so if my vehicle gets despatched tomorrow (a weak possibility) I'd get it soon, otherwise I guess it would get pushed much farther.

I guess we should open a thread dedicated to Fiesta 1.6 / Fiesta 1.6S owner experiences, as for the Fiesta 1.6S I can already count 4 of us now.
1. sathee46 (A proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Sachu (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - anytime soon.
3. Jerish666 (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 4th or 5th Nov
4. Autoenthusiast (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 5th to 12th Nov (Counting the days and the minutes left )
Count me in. Taken delivery on Sept 12th. 1.6S Aquarius - read head turner -
Old 29th October 2008, 09:01   #120
BHPian

Yes Ssriram, have done the modifications ;-)

1. Sathee46 (A proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Ssriram (Another proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Sachu (Another proud owner of the 1.6S)
3. Jerish666 (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - any moment ! He's eyeballed his beauty & beast being offloaded the truck already ;-)
4. Autoenthusiast (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 16th / 17th Nov (Darn long wait, the Aquarius colour is out of stock)

Can you pls. post an initial ownership review on the 1.6S, the only one today on the 1.6S is from Sathee46. And looking forward to the photos. Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks