Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 17:30   #1
SCH
BHPian

Which Car is better : Maruti Dzire Vdi or Tata Manza Aura?

Which in your opinion is a better buy between Maruti Dzire Vdi or Tata Manza Aura Diesel. Both have the same Fiat engine. Which one has a better fuel efficiency.
Old 24th January 2010, 17:39   #2
BHPian

The Dzire might be a little more fuel efficient due to its lighter weight but IMO the Manza is a better option.
Both are prized identically but the Manza looks way better than the Dzire, is more spacious, has more options, and actually looks like a proper sedan and since its a new car in the market, it has the novelty factor. So i guess Manza might be a better option
Old 24th January 2010, 17:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Which in your opinion is a better buy between Maruti Dzire Vdi or Tata Manza Aura Diesel. Both have the same Fiat engine. Which one has a better fuel efficiency.
Dzire would be better I feel from the efficiency perspective as it is smaller & lighter than the manza. Hve seen people reporting 20+km/ltr on longer distances (+ means 2-3 kms extra) here.

However, isnt Manza a better package over all?
Old 24th January 2010, 17:46   #4
BHPian

considering the ***, Low cost of ownership, resale value, FE, IMO dZire wins the race hands down. Tata Maza is quite new in the market and we havent really got the feel of tata *** and resale values of Indica doesnt seem quite impressive.
Old 24th January 2010, 18:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Both are prized identically but the Manza looks way better than the Dzire, is more spacious, has more options, and actually looks like a proper sedan and since its a new car in the market, it has the novelty factor. So i guess Manza might be a better option
I like the DZire exterior looks and the Manza's interiors ;the Manza has great space inside .

But for sheer reliability,and reasonably priced quality spares I'll go with DZire.Tata has still not won my heart on this factor
Old 24th January 2010, 18:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Manza is a better package than the Dzire, provided they sort issues inherently present in Tata's products. Haven't you read GTO's review? Rear seat comfort is class leading, surprisingly the fit and finish is just superb by Tata's standard. The Manza is really huge, the pictures do no justice to the car. If you look from the rear, you feel as though you are looking at an Optra.
Manza is relatively a new product in the market while Dzire is been around for almost 2 years and is proven. If you are undecided between the two, I suggest you wait for few more months before deciding on the Manza. The rear in Dzire is cramped (remember that the wheel base is same as that of the swift). Looks are purely subjective (though Manza beats Dzire hands down)
If you are unconvinced about Tata's A.S.S, stick to the Dzire. You can't go wrong with either of the cars.
Old 24th January 2010, 18:20   #7
SCH
BHPian

Thanks for the input. Yes, The TATA *** is the only cause of concern , but i have heard that they have improved considerably.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:05   #8
BHPian

Tata's fit and finish is not best in the class. But seems like they are fast improving. Do read the detailed review of Manza by GTO before making any decision. Manza seems to have good review across the board. Looks are subjective but I always felt, Dzire could have been made much more desirable by its designers. Dzire's rear design(or no design) spoiled the charm of Swift, it reminds me of old ladies with huge bum in tight skirts.

The fact that Dzire comes from Maruti does give it a lot of weightage but I would still vote for Manza for its relatively better design, more features, space and safety.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to drive it and not use the rear seat frequently i'd say go for the DZire. If you (or anyone) intends to use the rear it has to be the Manza. The F.E would be more or less the same. Maybe 1-2km difference on average.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:43   #10
BHPian

I think this thread needs to be moved to the what car?/Sedan section.

Other than that, I would put my money on Manza which has lot more space and features with comparable fit and finish. On the contrary dzire is more peppy to drive. So make your decision based on what you need from the car

Last edited by gshanky : 24th January 2010 at 19:44. Reason: incomplete submit
Old 24th January 2010, 20:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

History says Tata cars fetch little cash when sold;and are anyway not too easy to maintain especially after two years.

Yes,I have loved the Indigo and now love the Manza for sheer comfort but I would vote for teh DZire as the better overall car.The rear seat in the DZire is not at all bad - have done many journeys and in fact rate it way better than the ANHC also
Old 24th January 2010, 21:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, Manza (or any Tata product) comes only with attractive pricing & looks, the quality will never be equivalent to its competitors. So Dzire wins my vote
Old 24th January 2010, 21:03   #13
BHPian

Shouldn't this thread be in the 'What Car' section?

Tata Manza is a much fuller car than the Dzire, me thinks
Old 24th January 2010, 21:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

dzire any day.
the 6 month + waiting period it self answers the question.
Old 24th January 2010, 21:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Dzire is a better overall car than Manza.

1) Performance : I think Manza is a bigger car with not so good power. Dzire is lively as compared to Manza.

2) FE : Dzire holds and edge.

3) A.S.S : Dzire wins hands down. One of the best network.

4) Not sure about this, but Vista was to be modified to achieve 3 or 4 star rating in Euro NCAP. Swift has 4 stars. Dzire has and edge here also.

5) Handling : Based on Swift, Dzire is better to drive than manza.

6) Petrol engine. Though the new K12M is not in league of the G13 ( which is legendary IMHO ), this motor is still better than the motor tata offers ( petrol ).

Where Manza scores is space, and lots of it. No other significant advantage over Dzire.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 24th January 2010 at 21:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks