Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 21:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Manza leading with more than 80% votes. Spotted 2 Manza today, black looks very nice. Rear looks just average, bit lower GC could have done great on the way the rear look. But Indian road condition and type of road breaker we face everyday I cant ask for more:-)).

Last edited by Latheesh : 31st January 2010 at 21:53.
Old 31st January 2010, 21:46   #137
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Manza. It's a new launch, got better looks, lesser wait period, and more spacious.

The only point it scores low on compared to Maruti is the a.s.s department.
Old 1st February 2010, 02:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Good to see Manza leading with more than 80% votes. Spotted 2 Manza today, black looks very nice. Rear looks just average, bit lower GC could have done great on the way the rear look. But Indian road condition and type of road breaker we face everyday I cant ask for more:-)).
It is actually great to see Manza doing stupendous on the poll. Kudos Tata!

I guess a tyre upsize too good solve eyesore in stance of the vehicle. As for the bumper positioning, I found it just about perfect. Reson: It is low enough not to be broken on impact from smaller obstruction and stone chips. At the same time, it is high enough to cause minimum damage to pedestrians (if any) and other critical components of the car. I guess Tata had to trade off between Aesthetics and Practicality and they chose practicality,
Old 1st February 2010, 03:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Manza.
Reasons-
1.- more spacious.
2.- For me better looking than dzire.
3.- Better features.
4.- VFM if i see it from all aspects.

Had not driven both of them yet so not including the drive factor.
Old 1st February 2010, 04:45   #140
Senior - BHPian

So guys, I think its time to declare the winner of this comparison.
TATA MANZA!!

Last edited by Anand123 : 1st February 2010 at 04:47.
Old 1st February 2010, 06:54   #141
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if a winner can be declared now, I think we need to wait a bit longer
Old 1st February 2010, 10:25   #142
Senior - BHPian

Who are those 7 people voted for Dezire? existing dezire owners?
Old 1st February 2010, 12:08   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I guess you meant speed breaker. The roads are already broken out here in Bangalore (or should I say Karnataka?) Seeing a good stretch of road is such a rarity out here!
Old 1st February 2010, 12:39   #144
BHPian

I would go with Dzire, though the advantage down here put towards manza

1. The Interior of manza is awesome, dzire fails on interior... manza Wins
2. riding comfort 55 ~ 45 Manza wins
3. A.S.S 80 ~ 20 Dzire wins
4. FE, i dont agree with the common FE quotes as the FE depends on the driving skills, i have heard Swift owners complining about their FE well below 10(city) and 15(highways) as well pride ok gettingvery high FE. so this goes 50 ~ 50

5. Some buy car FE, some for Power, some for comfort, some for luxury, so again if the first 2 class of FE and Power Dzire wins but Luxury and Comfort Manza Wins, so again 50 ~ 50

6. Space 60 ~ 40 Manza Wins

So the winner now here is evident that Manza with slight 1 point, however i go with Dzire ( i really do no why, i feel putting money in MSIL is like putting your money in Thirupati HUNDI. the satisfaction comes || rather you can compare it with the satisfaction of Hero Honda Bikes . no problem what so ever yo get power, style, look, comfort everything)
Old 1st February 2010, 13:06   #145
BHPian

VOted For Manza, Lot many features & VFM
Old 1st February 2010, 13:14   #146
BHPian

Quote:

So the winner now here is evident that Manza with slight 1 point, however i go with Dzire ( i really do no why, i feel putting money in MSIL is like putting your money in Thirupati HUNDI. the satisfaction comes || rather you can compare it with the satisfaction of Hero Honda Bikes . no problem what so ever yo get power, style, look, comfort everything)
absolutely well said, if Tata follows Maruti strategy of better overall after sales service and better quality interiors, and i tell you, Maruti will have to side ways for tata to not only move further but surge way ahead. (considering the leap they have achieved with Manza)
All the best to Tata, since the hotting of competion will benefit all.
But as per now it has to be Dzire.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:01   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
I guess you meant speed breaker. The roads are already broken out here in Bangalore (or should I say Karnataka?) Seeing a good stretch of road is such a rarity out here!
Yeah I meant speed breaker.Bangalore roads are decent, to see worst road in Karnataka try Mysore-Virajpet-Kannur route. Get a Wrangler/H1 and enjoy!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st February 2010 at 14:08.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:35   #148
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Manza.
Manza gives the pure looks of a sedan whereas dzire just looks like a swift with a tail!
Old 1st February 2010, 14:37   #149
BHPian

With all due respect to designers at Maruti and Tata, and to all existing and prospective Dzire and Manza owners - both these cars are equally, hideously ugly. I'll be quick to agree that they are absolute VFM cars and will give best bang for the buck, but they still are an eye sore.

I'd choose the Manza over the Dzire though.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:11   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
I would go with Dzire, though the advantage down here put towards manza

1. The Interior of manza is awesome, dzire fails on interior... manza Wins
2. riding comfort 55 ~ 45 Manza wins
3. A.S.S 80 ~ 20 Dzire wins
4. FE, i dont agree with the common FE quotes as the FE depends on the driving skills, i have heard Swift owners complining about their FE well below 10(city) and 15(highways) as well pride ok gettingvery high FE. so this goes 50 ~ 50

5. Some buy car FE, some for Power, some for comfort, some for luxury, so again if the first 2 class of FE and Power Dzire wins but Luxury and Comfort Manza Wins, so again 50 ~ 50

6. Space 60 ~ 40 Manza Wins

Funny you agree MANZA is the better car and still go with the Dzire. Nice job Your money after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11mahesh11 View Post
absolutely well said, if Tata follows Maruti strategy of better overall after sales service and better quality interiors, and i tell you, Maruti will have to side ways for tata to not only move further but surge way ahead. (considering the leap they have achieved with Manza)
All the best to Tata, since the hotting of competion will benefit all.
But as per now it has to be Dzire.
Interiors : Dzire and Manza are more or less the samer. Manza atleast comes with some goodies whereas the Dzire is as bare naked as an New born baby.

After sales : Must hand to maruti, TATA sucked earlier However, currently Concorde (bangalore for sure) is on par if not better than Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
With all due respect to designers at Maruti and Tata, and to all existing and prospective Dzire and Manza owners - both these cars are equally, hideously ugly. I'll be quick to agree that they are absolute VFM cars and will give best bang for the buck, but they still are an eye sore.

I'd choose the Manza over the Dzire though.
Agree!! both the cars are not going to steal your heart with the looks. Dzire is value, Manza is extreme VALUE FOR MONEY.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks