Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 15:30   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule breaker View Post
Manza critics are already saying it has lots of steel.
Anyway, a car is as safe as its driver is. I had Maruti 800 without ABS, EBD, Side beams etc and did 170000+ Km, enduring varied terrain and moods and I am still alive.

How much safe is safe?

Depends on size of your wallet and fear.
Well I use to travel in Auto Rickshaws for last 5 years and I'm still alive
You cannot expect all to drive keeping others safety in mind and thats the reason we need safety features like ABS/EBD, Airbags, Side Impact Beams and so on.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:39   #197
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Abusive language is STRICTLY prohibited on this community, even if used indirectly (*****). Do NOT use inappropriate words on Team-BHP. A clean protocol is absolutely imperative keeping our varied audience in mind.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

If looks (subjective), ride quality, structural strength and gadgets at a price, it has to be Tata Manza.
I am very much happy to see an indian manufacturer giving such a quality product for the price. Quality levels have been increased by leaps and bounds over previous gen tata vehicles.

In May 2008 i was buying a car and thought to check Dzire which was launched in same month. Took a test drive and found car to be ok. I check ZDI version which had some nice kit. Waiting period was 15 days on the day i took TD. I called back sales person after 3 days and the waiting period jumped to 6 months
Terrible man. I just booked another car.
Maruti has understood how to play with indian customers. I agree to the point that their cars will be true VFM.

Last edited by GTO : 17th February 2010 at 11:21.
djay99 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th February 2010, 16:41   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Well I use to travel in Auto Rickshaws for last 5 years and I'm still alive
You cannot expect all to drive keeping others safety in mind and thats the reason we need safety features like ABS/EBD, Airbags, Side Impact Beams and so on.
OMG, how can I forget that! Thanks for reminding.
BTW, it reminds me of Metro cranes falling over car roofs and iron rods piercing through windows. Both are of similar quality in Manza and Dzire, I guess.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:23   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, it reminds me of Metro cranes falling over car roofs and iron rods piercing through windows. Both are of similar quality in Manza and Dzire, I guess.
That's hardly a consideration. Remember, even the S Class is not death-proof. I'd love to see a car that can withstand cranes falling on them or iron rods piercing through their windows.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:59   #200
BHPian

Guys does the Dzire ZDI/ZXI have electrically controlled ORVMs like MANZA?
Old 17th February 2010, 12:26   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Guys does the Dzire ZDI/ZXI have electrically controlled ORVMs like MANZA?
IIRC the Dzire does not have electronically controlled ORVM's like Manza.
Sorry if my information is wrong.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:15   #202
BHPian

Electrically controlled ORVM's are only available in Manza Aura +.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:16   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OMG, how can I forget that! Thanks for reminding.
Wat's the percentage of people encountering something like falling cranes on their car? It does not make any sense in considering cars don't need safety features like side impact beam since they cannot withstand impact of a crane falling over it!!
Old 17th February 2010, 15:04   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
MUL - or anyone else - don't need to change the center of gravity of Swift, or whatever it is. The CoG will automatically change when some extra weight is added to an object. I just don't get what you mention here. Could you please explain, or 'Google' it thoroughly?
The Centre or gravity of Cars is determined by the Manufacturer, while designing. But subsequently when there are changes such as adding boot, there has to be some engineering done to arrive at COG, where the Car Company wants and not where ever it shifts its ok.

The Centre of Gravity shifts automatically and if it is at wrong place, your Car will swerve in the Curves and in Hard braking. Thankfully, No Indian will abuse their Car as much as the Test Drivers do. So, till then Dzire is Safe with COG in any place as long as you're a sedate driver.

This is exactly the same reason why Dzire has got super soft suspension and Swift - the Hard.

Last edited by jaaz : 17th February 2010 at 15:07.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:47   #205
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
The Centre or gravity of Cars is determined by the Manufacturer, while designing. But subsequently when there are changes such as adding boot, there has to be some engineering done to arrive at COG, where the Car Company wants and not where ever it shifts its ok.

The Centre of Gravity shifts automatically and if it is at wrong place, your Car will swerve in the Curves and in Hard braking. Thankfully, No Indian will abuse their Car as much as the Test Drivers do. So, till then Dzire is Safe with COG in any place as long as you're a sedate driver.

This is exactly the same reason why Dzire has got super soft suspension and Swift - the Hard.
+1 to that.Thanks Jazz you have put it in a much better way than I could.

Last edited by MihirC : 17th February 2010 at 16:48.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:09   #206
BHPian

One on one comparison between Dzire Vxi and Manza Aura Safire

I know there have been many discussions between Manza & Dzire but here I am specifically looking at a comparison between Dzire Vxi and Manza Aura safire.

The major difference between the two is that the Dzire with it's new K-12 engine is now Bharat stage IV compliant whereas Manza is BS III compliant (even though Manza is BS-IV ready but it's not compliant as of now).

A few major things which Manza Aura Safire has but Dzire Vxi lacks :

1) Tilt adjustable steering
2) Rear defogger
3) Steering audio controls
4) 100% foldable rear seat
5) Bluetooth & USB support
6) Power outlet (rear cabin)

A few major things which Dzire Vxi has but Manza Aura Safire lacks :

1) Keyless entry
2) Rear fog lamps
3) Adjustable rear seat head restraint
4) Driver seat belt & door ajar warning

Please do point out any other major points in addition to above.

A complete comparison table in excel is attached.I request others to update or correct the table as needed.

Comparison.xls
Comparison table courtesy carwale.com

Last edited by rishab.k : 17th February 2010 at 19:11.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:33   #207
Senior - BHPian

Major difference for me is in the looks, Manza looks much more "Executive type" than D'zire, I have never liked the rear side of D'zire.

Ofcourse D'zire is much more proven, largest selling, Maruti Suzuki
where is Manza is the N'th varient of Indigo sedan, hopefully this time Tata have got it right & hopefully "Nothing is Missing"
Old 17th February 2010, 20:01   #208
BHPian

Rishab,

Manza has it ALL and MORE than Dsire
Adjustable Rear head rests across all variants.
Keyless entry on Aura ABS and Aura Plus variants
Seat belt warning on Aura ABS and Aura Plus variants
Rear Fog lamps on Aura ABS and Aura Plus variants
Retractor,Pretensioner, Load limiter for Front seat belts on Aura Plus variants

Last edited by harimakesh : 17th February 2010 at 20:06.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:14   #209
Senior - BHPian

Comparisons aside, how many of us would be *actually* willing to put our money on a Petrol TATA ?
There is actually no comparison at all between a japanese/korean petrol with a TATA petrol. And this includes not only the technical aspects viz the performance, FE, reliability, but service center knowhow also. I am afraid TATA does not fair too well here.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:29   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Rishab,

Manza has it ALL and MORE than Dsire
Adjustable Rear head rests across all variants.
It's only the Aura+ & Aura (ABS) which have adjustable rear head rests & not all the variants as you mentioned.

I agree,Aura+ & Aura(ABS) have many more features but as I have already mentioned at the start, I am restricting this comparison to Aura Safire & Dzire Vxi only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks