Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 06:35   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congratulations on your Dzire.

But about your friends issue with TATA, is a bit way too exagerated. similar would have been your case with Maruti's if you were to have faced issues. I lost a fighting battle with one of the M.A S S here, and very happy with TATA's.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congratulations on your Dzire.

So things varies, you cannot call peoples decision as favourism.
I think Ricky meant that the poll is more in favor of Manza and not actually favourism!
Old 20th November 2010, 11:17   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
@adisag :
Decision : Believe me this is very very difficult Mind says Dezire(just because it's Maruti), Heart says Manza because it looks better.
Could not have said it better myself - but I'm still finding it hard to accept and the Tata guys are not doing much to help their reputation - just had the Tata Test Drive guys ditch us yet again (5th time in 9 days - thrice with prior warning of an hour or so and the rest by simply not showing up - this is both the Showrooms in Gurgaon) will try and see if we can get a TD from Delhi today/tomorrow or else (with a heavy heart) the Maruti wins ...

Last edited by adisag : 20th November 2010 at 11:19.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:04   #273

Re: Which Car is better : Maruti Dzire Vdi or Tata Manza Aura?

I voted Manza. I have one. No human can give an objective answer, and I claim to be as prejudiced as my fellows, hence making my prejudices / biases / reasons / logic clear, below:
1) I have it, and usually run rings around my friends' Dzires, Citys (or should that be Cities?), and almost all similar sized / powered cars (except a guy with a Fiesta).
2) Looks wise, M-S is really gone down the whatever after Esteem and Baleno. Swift Dzire looks like a peacock's tail stuck on a duck. Even the old Indigo looked better integrated.
3) I will sell the car after 5 years. I hope to be in a better financial situation then (so does everybody), and as such the resale value should not be a very big factor. What really matters is how the car performs in the five years I have it. I honestly cannot understand the Indian customers obsession with resale. For the record, I didn't have a silver spoon when I was born, and got the werewithal to own a car only a couple of years back, at 36 years of age.
4) Similarly, if a couple of KMPL matters so much, I should not go for a car, instead public transport is the way to go.
5) I have had a brush with a I10, at 15-20 kmph. His right v/s my left. Manza got away with a few rubs on the bumper corner. I10 had a cracked bumper, crumpled wheel arch (I hope the tech terms are right), damaged ORVM.
6) There seems to be a distinct bias against Tatas when it comes to cars. The overriding comment seems to be "Tatas can't do it". No reasoning why. A semi-sarkari outfit like M-S can, but not one of the best companies in this country!! And I did complete a PGDM course, so core competencies et al are familiar terms.
7) I also have a Wagon R (I will not make ANY comment on the performance here, except that compared to Manza, it's less than half the car for more than half the money). The experience I have had with the service agents is LOUSY, to say the least. The attitude seems to be "we are the biggest car wallahs in this country, and you are just a piddly customer buying only 4 lacs out of our multi billion turnover". I felt nostalgic for the days when as a fresher in engineering, I was ragged by the seniors.
I just test-drove a Manza Elan yesterday. Not much change in the fundamentals, but the alloy wheels look and work cool!
essdee1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 13:13   #274
BHPian

Manza it should be, coz the Dzire looks plain n' outright ugly!

Of course along with all the other points mentioned in the earlier posts!
TATA is definitely on the ladder up in terms of quality, and we cannot compare the Manza to a 2001 Indica.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:28   #275
BHPian

my vote has to be Manza anytime. Manza looks big and nice and is spacious, it is something different. I dont like the shape of the dzire, its too outdated.
Old 28th July 2011, 22:33   #276
BHPian

I would vote according to my needs. I have a Dzire Vdi. Vote would be for dzire if you r looking for a more compact car with a good pull, a 4 seater, and if u wish to drive it all the time and dont mind the controversial looks (you get used to it, no issues there), fuel efficient (got 21 on a long highway drive with AC on all the time), and reliable A.S.S. It would be for a Manza if you want to enjoy the comfort of a backseat, a spacious car and dont mind tata A.S.S.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:21   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

I never liked Dzire and Manza. When I wanted to upgrade my car from WagonR to a entry level diesel sedan with ABS+Air Bag(Budget of around 8L), the option was Dzire and Manza. Ignored Logan due to "Taxi" image, Etios didn't have diesel. Liked Linea but it was totally above buget and same with old fiesta and SX4 ZDI.

Hence its was between the two cars which I didn't like look-wise, Dzire and Manza. I ended up with Dzire ZDI because I loved the pull, previous experience with MASS, good feedback from friends, my wife liked(look-wise) Dzire better then Manza. I ignored Manza mainly because my father has a Indica DLS and he faced some very bad experience with TASS. Also, MASS is always rated higher than others.

Now its more than 3 months since I own a Dzire ZDI and I no more have any complaints on its looks. I am used to the look and like it very much. Also, happy with the performance of the car.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:26   #278
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 19:23. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares. It results in a formatting error.
bigautobuff is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th March 2012, 23:51   #279

Hi

In my search for a sedan, I came across this forum. So posting my queries here (I didn't want to start another thread for this).
With the advent of the NEW swift Dzire, I am a bit confused between the following cars:
1) New swift Dzire VXI
2) Tata Manza- Saffire Aura
3) Toyota Etios G

I have the following preferences: "posh" feel, durability and reliability, FE, driving comfort.

Would like your opinion on the same.....
I want to take the car ASAP....
Just FYI, I already own an i10 (sportz)
Old 12th March 2012, 10:00   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Hi

In my search for a sedan, I came across this forum. So posting my queries here (I didn't want to start another thread for this).
With the advent of the NEW swift Dzire, I am a bit confused between the following cars:
1) New swift Dzire VXI
2) Tata Manza- Saffire Aura
3) Toyota Etios G

I have the following preferences: "posh" feel, durability and reliability, FE, driving comfort.

Would like your opinion on the same.....
I want to take the car ASAP....
Just FYI, I already own an i10 (sportz)
I am not really confident about the petrol offering from Tata. Even though it is power by the fiat engine, expect it to deliver lesser fuel economy and resale can be a thing of worry.

Etios and dzire will be the better option if you just consider petrol.
Etios scores with space,practicality and performance.
Dzire is cheaper,refined and somewhat relatively plusher.

If you don't have any problem with the interior quality of Etios, it will be my suggestion over dzire
Old 12th March 2012, 19:44   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
I am not really confident about the petrol offering from Tata. Even though it is power by the fiat engine, expect it to deliver lesser fuel economy and resale can be a thing of worry.

Etios and dzire will be the better option if you just consider petrol.
Etios scores with space,practicality and performance.
Dzire is cheaper,refined and somewhat relatively plusher.

If you don't have any problem with the interior quality of Etios, it will be my suggestion over dzire
Thanks, I just did a test ride of Etios (albeit of the top model). I liked the pick-up, the engine was very responsive too; however, I could hear the sound of the engine!!! Is that a defect? Moreover, the interiors do look cheap, right from the door knob to the rear view mirror (and the side view too), the quality is... well... not at all good.
Moreover, it was pretty light for a sedan.
Would it last the distance?
Not sure of Manza's engine, but the interiors did look good in the showroom, will do a test ride tomorrow.
Already did a test ride for dzire, the new dzire's interiors are excellent, look posh indeed, however, there is hardly any boot!!!!! Just wondering the practicality of buying a "sedan" with a hatchback's boot!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks