Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:27   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hey Shalini, FYI The manza price in Mumbai hasalso been hiked, 35 Rs for the Saffire(p) and 5000 Rs for the Quadrajet (d)
Mihir, is that a typo or has the Safire price been increased so marginally?
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
While we continue to find excuses to appreciate the ugly dzire, do go thru my latest posting http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1712492-post134.html for couple of snaps I happened to take.
Feels good that I took decision on my own to get one of the first Manza in my city instead of going with the regular Tata bashers.

Again, do not want to disappoint Maruti A.S.S fans but can't help recollecting couple of instances -
How many had their dealer send the mechanic of choice to your door step for checkup / repair / replace.
When was the last time you happened to have the boss of the service centre personally get down with the mechanics to have a look at an issue you pointed out or sit with the family elder accompanying you and socialize to make them feel at home?.
Others have already pointed how they got prompt SMS from Tata service centre about when they can pickup their vehicles post completion of service.

Time to take a fresh unbiased look @ Tata?

cheers,
Vijay
Hi Vijay, firstly i like the colour of the Manza you purchased. It looks swell. Now lets come to the A.S.S pointers you mentioned:-
  1. Everytime i need to give my Zen for servicing, i call the Mars guy. He comes home with a senior mechanic. I tell them what needs to be done. They jot it down and take the car.
  2. The head mechanic in Mars is a nice guy and always offers people coffee/tea whenever we go there to view the car being repaired in person. He will talk about cars and tell me what went wrong and why they are replacing the damaged part. This happened to my tyre rod once.
  3. As for SMS, Mars do one better. Apart from sending an SMS, they also call me and let me know the car is ready and what the total bill is
So yes, it was Maruti which set the benchmark which today has become the norm. Car companies NEED to offer this as there are plenty of choices available. So i believe that even TATA need to do that, if not they will lose potential customers, to Maruti maybe! Its all becoming pretty much standardized nowadays in the entire auto industry.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:33   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hi Vijay, firstly i like the colour of the Manza you purchased. It looks swell. Now lets come to the A.S.S pointers you mentioned:-
  1. Everytime i need to give my Zen for servicing, i call the Mars guy. He comes home with a senior mechanic. I tell them what needs to be done. They jot it down and take the car.
  2. The head mechanic in Mars is a nice guy and always offers people coffee/tea whenever we go there to view the car being repaired in person. He will talk about cars and tell me what went wrong and why they are replacing the damaged part. This happened to my tyre rod once.
  3. As for SMS, Mars do one better. Apart from sending an SMS, they also call me and let me know the car is ready and what the total bill is
So yes, it was Maruti which set the benchmark which today has become the norm. Car companies NEED to offer this as there are plenty of choices available. So i believe that even TATA need to do that, if not they will lose potential customers, to Maruti maybe! Its all becoming pretty much standardized nowadays in the entire auto industry.
Can you confirm if this is the case with all Service Centres? I do agree that the SC calls the customer when the car is ready, bill amount, etc. is pretty standard.

What vjoy missed out was that TML not only send the SMS when the car is ready but also randomly call people after a couple of days to enquire on their service experience. From reports and recommendations of others on TBHP, I know that TML are pretty serious on any negative feedback. Dealers literally beg customers to give them at least a 9 out of 10 otherwise, TML comes down hard on them.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:48   #169
BHPian

Not a typo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Mihir, is that a typo or has the Safire price been increased so marginally?
Hey Adits, that was not a typo,when the exec at concorde informed me about even I was lke , Come again, but it really is only 35Rs. But 5k for diesel.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:22   #170
Senior - BHPian

Manza is a much bigger car, is more spacious and has more features. It also has a better engine (the same 1.3 with VGT). It looks much better than the ugly Dezire. To me Manza is a an easy choice.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:42   #171
BHPian

Tata manza is a VFM car. The features what Tata gives are faar ahead that DZire. manza is also the best build in Tata stable. Ride quality, handling, Read leg space is the best in manza.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:45   #172
BHPian

Manza for me! I never found Dezire to be a true sedan. To me, it always appeared as the 'make shift' conversion of a hatch to a car. ( No offence meant to the Dezire fans!- its my personal opionion). Manza on other hand does not give the feeling of having a 'hatch converted to Sedan'. Also, Swift as well as Dezire both have a very cramped back seat. For 3 adults, I do not believe there is sufficient head and leg room. Manza has space as its probably most strong point.
To sum it up, Manza for me due to - Looks, Space, features - VFM.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:03   #173

off course Manza. Recently my brother had linea. During that period I Test drove these two vehicles also. Suspension of D zire is not so good. It transfer all shocks to passengers of small bumps also. My wife's feeling was "our Xeta has better suspension than this."

If your are going by your mind not by your heart go far Manza. Just get away that emotions about Maruti Indians have over the year. All manufacturers produce quality vehicles nowadays.
Old 12th February 2010, 22:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damle.moreshwar View Post

All manufacturers produce quality vehicles nowadays.
Really? Why don't you read the Skoda's horror stories? You find dime a dozen on tbhp, just search the forum
Old 13th February 2010, 21:37   #175
BHPian

The poll says it all

83 : 17 :: Manza : Dezire

Last edited by shuvadips : 13th February 2010 at 21:38.
Old 15th February 2010, 08:26   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
The poll says it all

83 : 17 :: Manza : Dezire
Dissapointed it says 83 : 17, It should have been 100 : 0. This is TBHP not some other car site!
Old 15th February 2010, 12:50   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
This is TBHP not some other car site!
Yeah right. Just because its tbhp,there is no rule that the decision should unanimously favor one product/opinion. To each his own.
Old 15th February 2010, 13:12   #178
Senior - BHPian

I simply fail to understand that whenever its Maruti Vs TATA polls on this forum, its the TATA who gets the major chunk of votes. Similar was the case with Vista vs. swift vs. palio poll.
However, no matter what the poll says the car sales figures seem to speak a different language. Manza has got a luke warm response while dzire still has a long waiting list (which is helping manza's cause a bit).

Yeah, with Manza TATA has managed to provide a worthy rival to the Dzire and its probably the best TATA car to date but then that alone does not make it the preferred choice for the buyers.

If you put aside the cost to sheetmetal ratio there is little that makes the manza a better buy.

Despite of the fact that the manza has a more powerful motor courtesy the VGT its actually the slower of the two cars. Thanks to all that weight you get a car that is more powerful than Dzire yet slower and less fuel efficient.
Also, the Manza isn't what you will call a driver's car. Though its much more comfortable at rear than the dzire but then Dzire/Manza's are most often than not self driven.
Enough has been said about the build quality of both the cars, rather the lack of it but the latest development being that Maruti has upped the quality of the swift/dzire with the launch of the new K-series cars, chances are despite being lightly built its the dzire that is likely to hold itself in one piece for longer.
Also, none of the cars is a beauty contest winner. Dzire's oddball looks are major deterrent for many but atleast the dzire is well propotioned. The manza though easier on the eye due to its conserative styling looks a bit oddball too. With that boot the proportions have gone for a toss. And no the new front bumper does not help it much as the car's boot looks as long as its hood.

In the end Manza is for those who are looking for a chauffuer driven car and do not seek an entertaining handling package. With lots of cabin space and a gigantic boot Manza makes a lot of sense for fleet owners too. But as an automobile whose appeal lies beyond "lots of sheet metal for money" funda its the dzire that is a better automobile for too.

I'll any day choose a car that performs better, is more efficient has better ride and handling combo and great after sales network rather than a car that has loads of space, no driving flair and a lack lusture performance despite being more powerful on paper.

Regards.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:58   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
considering the ***, Low cost of ownership, resale value, FE, IMO dZire wins the race hands down. Tata Maza is quite new in the market and we havent really got the feel of tata *** and resale values of Indica doesnt seem quite impressive.
What does 3 star (***) mean?
If it is A.S.S. ( After Sales Service ), do we need to write it as stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hey Shalini, FYI The manza price in Mumbai hasalso been hiked, 35 Rs for the Saffire(p) and 5000 Rs for the Quadrajet (d)
Hike of Rs 35 for Saffire (P) is really competetive against Rs 5000 for Quadrajet.

Last edited by Zappo : 16th February 2010 at 13:58. Reason: No back to back posts please
Old 15th February 2010, 17:45   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule breaker View Post
What does 3 star (***) mean?
If it is A.S.S. ( After Sales Service ), do we need to write it as stars?
It can be the actual meaning of the word, (its synonym starts with 'B' and ends with 't') because both cars in question here have lots of it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks