Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 11:53   #121
BHPian

It all depends on who is buying it.
For a family man (with children), manza satisfies all requirements - space, comfort, safety, affordable maintenance, lavish boot, etc.

For the young or 'young-at-heart', dzire would appeal more - zippy drive would matter most for this segment. Also peer pressure (read 'image concious' youngsters) would pull him into maruti fold.

TATA cars were never favourites with ladies with its heavy steering and bulk. Wonder if Manza would appeal to women drivers. It's BIG and masculine appearance might end up distancing a lot of potential lady customers.

Last edited by WindRide : 29th January 2010 at 11:55.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:27   #122
BHPian

When i bought my Safari i was very skeptical about Tata quality and A.S.S.But after owning the vehicle for 6 months and driving around for 10,000 kilometers, I have changed my view.Except for some poor plastics(Only a visual sore especially the ones near the hatch area) and a fuel lid problem i did not have to visit the A.S.S for any issues.I feel that the V.F.M offered is much better than other manufacturer.Manza feels better put together than a Safari.Tata servicing and spares are pretty cheap.Don't think that because you buy a Tata vehicle you will be running everyday to the service centre.I was under the same impression before buying my vehicle.To this day i do not regret my decision.The only negative i can think of about Manza would be that it is not a "Driver's Car".But even swift dezire is not an excellent driver's car but scores easily over Manza that way.In my opinion you will have lesser rattles over bad roads in Manza than swift as the swift dezire has a stiffer suspension.Manza will be able to take more abuse IMHO.
@windride, The fact is that most people are equating Tata cars with the old indica and the Indigo.The Tata cars of today are a leap ahead in terms of improvement over the previous generation.How does a commonly seen car add image or exclusivity?I love the looks of a normal Swift.Swift Dezire's boot looks good from behind but the side profile looks funny.It feels as if the designers bolted on a boot from some other car.Forgive me for offending any owners here.But to me Manza looks better of the two and feels more comfortable.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:40   #123
BHPian

Agree with freewheelburnin comments. My vote is for MANZA. Its basically a 'future-proof' car.
Old 29th January 2010, 13:51   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
It all depends on who is buying it.
For a family man (with children), manza satisfies all requirements - space, comfort, safety, affordable maintenance, lavish boot, etc.

For the young or 'young-at-heart', dzire would appeal more - zippy drive would matter most for this segment. Also peer pressure (read 'image cautious' youngsters) would pull him into maruti fold.
Well I woud say "For the young or 'young-at-heart' and 'image cautious' youngsters, Swift would appeal more the DZire!!"

There is no significant change, other than boot, between Swift & Swift DZire. I fail to understand why people are going in for DZire when they can buy Swift and save some money!!.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:05   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Well I woud say "For the young or 'young-at-heart' and 'image cautious' youngsters, Swift would appeal more the DZire!!"

There is no significant change, other than boot, between Swift & Swift DZire. I fail to understand why people are going in for DZire when they can buy Swift and save some money!!.
you answered the quetstion yourself, ie, for the Boot. Also, there is a sense of image/status attached with a Sedan in India. One is considered to be "arrived" in life when he buys a sedan or an SUV.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I totally agree, Punto is also a hit with youngsters. I see quite a few Dezire Tourist Taxis, which will not go very well with the youngsters. But probably Manza also will get the "Taxi" tag once it becomes more popular.
Old 30th January 2010, 00:41   #127
Senior - BHPian

People are talking about the taxi label will be coming on Manza and Dzire. To days life Innova has taxi label and Corolla has. Forget that area and go for the one you like and for your requirements. Tatas are bit noisy.
Old 30th January 2010, 01:46   #128
Team-BHP Support

Boy! We thought this thread will soon peter out. Looks like there is no end to this debate, eh!

Ok, to make matters easy then I have added a poll for you guys. Let us see how the crowd is distributed here. Mind you guys,
1. People can see who voted for which car.
2. The numbers here does not prove any point. It is only a depiction of the thought process of the members here.

So go ahead and vote for your car now.
Old 30th January 2010, 10:39   #129
BHPian

Voted for Manza. Although touted as sedan, Dzire never looked like one to me. Swift's lines looked more pleasing to eye and Dzire has turned them into an eyesore for me. As someone said earlier, Maruti doesn't seem to have gone even for CG calculation when clamping the boot on. Dzire does seem like in a take off (Nose up) attitude when fully loaded.

I do not know how true are reports of artificial demand inflation by enhancing waiting period. If true, I think it is bad and will only lead to black marketeers having a field day.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
People are talking about the taxi label will be coming on Manza and Dzire.
Agree, For most people this should not matter, what i was telling was, image cautious youngsters consider this as a factor in their purchase decisions.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:51   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
The numbers here does not prove any point. It is only a depiction of the thought process of the members here.
Even the Sales numbers are not a proof of a better car.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:57   #132
Team-BHP Support

Voting for manza simply because i haven't got hang of the dzire boot(Ssangyong) as yet,
swift hatchback any day
Old 31st January 2010, 06:17   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Boy!

The numbers here does not prove any point. It is only a depiction of the thought process of the members here.

So go ahead and vote for your car now.

Numbers here prove nothing! It is just an indication of what a group of people who are well informed think about the head to head comparison. And going by the above 80% vote for the Manza so far, this group feels that the Dzire is not a match for the MANZA!!! Hell even Overdrive(!!!!) rated the manza a better car than the Dzire, now that takes a lot ie Even the idiots think Dzire is not up there with the Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The TATAs have great build quality. Sturdy body shell. But poor plastics and interiors. Its great VFM too.

The DZire on the other hand has a gem of an engine(Tuned to the best), better interiors and plastics, and the legendary Maruti A.S.S.

Coming to looks, you cant draw a line here. Both look Fugly to me
Manza has the 86 BHP VGT engine. Dzire has the 75 BHP FGT. Dzire scores in FE and FE only and marginally 1 or 2 (KMPL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Except for suspect niggles, and Tata's after-sales service (relative to Marutis), the Manza is clearly the superior car. More linear power delivery, far better interior space, substantially superior ride quality and build that feels more solid. Car versus car, my vote goes to the Manza.

I've always thought of the Dzire as a terribly average sedan. No great shakes, and not without flaw (e.g. rear seat space + ride quality). Of course, don't even get me started on that rear end design.
GTO's words should seal it!! Manza wins No sweat! .
Honestly it was not even a competition. SX4 V/s Manza v/s Verna is more like it.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:11   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Voted for Manza. Although touted as sedan, Dzire never looked like one to me. Swift's lines looked more pleasing to eye and Dzire has turned them into an eyesore for me. As someone said earlier, Maruti doesn't seem to have gone even for CG calculation when clamping the boot on. Dzire does seem like in a take off (Nose up) attitude when fully loaded.

I do not know how true are reports of artificial demand inflation by enhancing waiting period. If true, I think it is bad and will only lead to black marketeers having a field day.
+1 Quite like the old DC-3 Dakota beginning its take off roll!!
Old 31st January 2010, 20:06   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
By the way neither tata or maruthi or any car company is paying me for my views . Its purely personal and subjective.
BTW its spelt MARUTI and not MARUTHI (if in doubt check MUL's website). Just pointing it out so that tomorrow people don't start spelling TATA as THATHA and CHEVROLET as CHEVROLETH, what to speak of Santhro and Beath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks