Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 20:12   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
With all due respect to designers at Maruti and Tata, and to all existing and prospective Dzire and Manza owners - both these cars are equally, hideously ugly. I'll be quick to agree that they are absolute VFM cars and will give best bang for the buck, but they still are an eye sore.

I'd choose the Manza over the Dzire though.
Well, both are definite eyesores when you compare them to the Linea.

I think that the Manze actually looks better than the previous generation Honda City. It share's its proportions (Which seem a bit wonky) and it was reported that Tata had benchmarked the Manza against it as well.

The Dezire though is a different ballgame, it's only Maruti's name and India's penchant for a sedan over a hatchback that makes it sell.

One thing I hate about both the cars - Their names, Manza! Dezire!
Old 1st February 2010, 20:28   #152
BHPian

Any news of price increase of Dezire ?. I heard that Dezire price is increased by 10K. Is this correct?.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:42   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Any news of price increase of Dezire ?. I heard that Dezire price is increased by 10K. Is this correct?.
Yup, heard it right. Hiked by 10k
Old 1st February 2010, 20:47   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Yup, heard it right. Hiked by 10k
Is it only for Diesel or for both petrol and Diesel?
Old 1st February 2010, 20:50   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pretty sure it's for all, not 100% convinced though. Diesel sure, pukka.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:16   #156
Senior - BHPian

What ever it is no matter I am sticking to the Maruti's ***. So my vote goes for Swift Dzire. That is the reason I did not go for Innova or Hyundai's i20. The Service center is one for 3 or 4 districts. Who will waste the days and fuel for service qand maitenance.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:02   #157
BHPian

I voted for manza just for proving that much more could be done for the same price with similar components (read engine). I am not sure if TATA is taking either taking a lesser margin or innovating to make things cheaper and at the same time maintaining quality.

I honestly believe that TATA has improved the quality of products and also the A.S.S. So, in view of the all round improvement, it has to be Manza!!
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
That is the reason I did not go for Innova or Hyundai's i20. The Service center is one for 3 or 4 districts. Who will waste the days and fuel for service qand maitenance.
Is that true ? I was under the impression that Hyundais are at par with Marutis. Anyways, we will stick to the topic here. If you look at the ***, Maruti scores over Tata. (hopefully, not for long.)
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:42   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Who are those 7 people voted for Dezire? existing dezire owners?
If you click on the figure of the number of votes, it will list the people who voted for whom. And no i do not own a Dzire. I took time off and visited Prerana Motors on Lalbagh Road to check out the Manza (someone from a previous post had suggested i do so to change my perception!) . It drives really well. Its amazingly quiet. Interiors are unlike TATA, very luxurious and well appointed. Its quite a powerful engine as well (read: FIAT ENGINE) although i felt at low revs, there was some lag. It looks very mature, unlike the Dzire which has retained that sporty feel to it. Now for the Dzire, i have driven it once while going to Kodagu a few months back. I feel the handling in Dzire is superior and yes, resale for Maruti is much higher than TATA. Thus while Manza is an excellent car, Dzire has the overall package and hence my vote for the Dzire!
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:25   #160
Senior - BHPian

@rjalihal - Thanks for the info. Same with me as well, was never a big fan of Tata cars. But the way they are growing from a truck manufacturer to passenger car manufacturer is very impressive. From indica-V2-V2 turbo-Vista-Manza to the recently launched Aria, looks very impressive. Regarding A.*.* I do not think Maruti is miles a head comparing to TATA, give them time they will reach/overtake them.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:59   #161
BHPian

Price hike in Mumbai

Quote:
Hey Shalini, FYI The manza price in Mumbai hasalso been hiked, 35 Rs for the Saffire(p) and 5000 Rs for the Quadrajet (d)
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:09   #162
BANNED

While we continue to find excuses to appreciate the ugly dzire, do go thru my latest posting http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1712492-post134.html for couple of snaps I happened to take.
Feels good that I took decision on my own to get one of the first Manza in my city instead of going with the regular Tata bashers.

Again, do not want to disappoint Maruti A.S.S fans but can't help recollecting couple of instances -
How many had their dealer send the mechanic of choice to your door step for checkup / repair / replace.
When was the last time you happened to have the boss of the service centre personally get down with the mechanics to have a look at an issue you pointed out or sit with the family elder accompanying you and socialize to make them feel at home?.
Others have already pointed how they got prompt SMS from Tata service centre about when they can pickup their vehicles post completion of service.

Time to take a fresh unbiased look @ Tata?

cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vjoy3 : 2nd February 2010 at 18:10.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:46   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Others have already pointed how they got prompt SMS from Tata service centre about when they can pickup their vehicles post completion of service.
cheers,
Vijay
Not exactly from Tata Service Centre, but from TML, Pune saying that the work has been completed at the Service Centre.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

Sure it's time to have a fresh look at Tata.

Looking at TATAs growth over the yesteryears, it has been really been impressive and remarkable.

Starting with the Indica, the Indigo, Nano and now the Manza - they've been doing really well. The gap between TATA and other manufacturers in the service department is closing fast.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:37   #165
BHPian

[quote=drsk;1704467]From going through this post I see that people here talk about the After Sales Service when discussing which is a "good car".

+1 here.

Compare the Product. 'Cause product development takes years, but After sales service can be improved in just matter of months if not years. To improve the service I request all the TATA Owners to give regular feedback to the Managers at the Service Centre's, so that they can improve upon.

And coming back to the looks of the Cars. Has anybody seen the SX4 Hatch in flesh. You'll swear that it just looks Wow in Hatch back form and is completely disproportionate in Sedan version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks