Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:51   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I was "informed" on the condition of anonymity a day before I signed the cheque for Laura Tsi.

1.4.2010 is when the Euro 4 norms will be enforced (unless the refinaries are not ready and want some more time). There is no plan to enhance PD engines for Euro 4 compliance. Of course, not sure if VW group does it's production planning jointly with the refinaries - that would be insider trading
Excellent! If this is the case, I shall put down my money for this. Anyway, the manager said if I am particular of the stick shift, then I would be getting it only in April tentatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
It may be worth to wait a couple months if your eyes are on Jetta. The new stocks from Mexico may come with some new things under the bonnet :-)
I am in urgent need to get the car. I have been waiting since November 2009. And already took so long to decide on the car. April is max I can wait. Already spoke to some higher ppl and found out that a dealership in AP has a heaven blue stick shift. But am apprehensive of the extras that I need to pay for inter-state delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@deepakchan
Try out the comfortline. It has sports seats in the front which are excellent and of course there are other goodies too. The heaven blue with black Vienna leather interiors makes for one classy vehicle.

At the end of two days if you still want the Trendline, well your money is still with you and you might get an updated engine with the next lot. Heard that Crdi and Tsi will be introduced in the diesel and petrol respectively in the Jetta range.
I shall try to confirm this with someone in VW. I really hope there is a next version to the PD. As such, when I decided on the Jetta, a 10-year old engine is still a compromise I was willing to make. But if I am getting a new engine, nothing like it. Absolutely no regrets. Stick shift + CRDi Oh! I cannot resist the smile I would be having on my face.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

@deepakchan

Do let me know once this engine business is confirmed. I heard it from two independent dealers in two different cities but a company man is a company man.

Another thing that one of the dealers mentioned was that VW is shipping cars to its dealers after paying taxes and excise etc but on stock transfer. The invoice from VW to the dealer is raised just a day or so prior to the customer making their payment to the dealer. The logic being that once invoiced the dealer has to start paying interest on proceeds due. Sounds absurd, but if it is the case then it means that the car with the dealer in AP is still VW property which your contacts in VW could get transferred to your local dealer in TN. All you would end up paying would be the extra freight. Might be worth exploring.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
@deepakchan

Do let me know once this engine business is confirmed. I heard it from two independent dealers in two different cities but a company man is a company man.
I shall get this confirmed once I speak to them next. Which will most probably be by tomorrow.

Quote:
Another thing that one of the dealers mentioned was that VW is shipping cars to its dealers after paying taxes and excise etc but on stock transfer. The invoice from VW to the dealer is raised just a day or so prior to the customer making their payment to the dealer. The logic being that once invoiced the dealer has to start paying interest on proceeds due. Sounds absurd, but if it is the case then it means that the car with the dealer in AP is still VW property which your contacts in VW could get transferred to your local dealer in TN. All you would end up paying would be the extra freight. Might be worth exploring.
This is an excellent piece of information. Thanks. If there is no confirmation of a change in engine or in other words, if there is a confirmation that the same PD engine is what I am going to get in April, then I would like to go for the AP car. Will talk to the VW ppl and try to convince them to make the freight free too.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:51   #64
BHPian

Well these developments bode well... If all this engine change materializes before April 30th it`ll be great..I~ll need the car latest by May 15th....It`ll be great if Crdi comes into the picture.

@Deepak
Please keep us updated
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

This thread is amazing, as I am going through the same scenario too. For me its really between the Laura 1.9 Ambiente and the Jetta 1.9 Trendline. I did get a chance to experience the Cruze today (will test drive it tomorrow) and I have to admit that I did feel it lacking in Interior space especially headroom for 6'-0" and above people. But it is a cracker of a car and looks really cool. 10yrs ago in my twenties I would have picked it over the other Two but today is another story. I will try to quiz the VW dealer here as to when the CRDI will be available.
Old 6th March 2010, 09:22   #66
BHPian

@mole

Hey any updates man. How was the driving experience? Any updates on the Crdi?
Old 7th March 2010, 09:43   #67
BHPian

Guys i have an alternate plan in mind as well.
Since i will definitely need a car in Mid -May, i was thinking if i can go for a second hand D segment diesel car for around 10 lakhs and hold it for a year`s time, till the other pending D- segment cars launch (i.e New Sonata, maybe new Jetta, Kizashi, Renault Fluence etc).

What do you guys suggest? I am opening a new thread for the same, while keeping the content of this thread consistent to the title.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:01   #68
BHPian

Second hand D segment diesel car around 10 lakhs.

Hello Guys
Thanks for a great response to my other thread which was looking at Sonata vs Jetta vs Cruze vs Laura. It did help me boil down to two variants namely
  • Jetta 1.9 Comfortline
  • Sonata 2.0 Manual/Auto
Now the problem for me is that i need a car in mid May in Delhi. Still Haven`t been completely made up my mind for either.
From all activity going on i hear there is a large number of new models in the C+/D segment which are going to be launched in the next one year. (i.e New Sonata, Suzuki Kizashi, Renault Fluence, possibly a new Jetta etc.)
So as a stop gap arrangement i was wondering if i could buy a second hand car and hold it for maybe a year till the various models are launched in the 12-20 lakh category. This would help me make a more informed choice while buying a new car.
What do you guys think about this idea?

For the second hand car the following criterion must be satisfied
  • The car should be in the C+/ D segment.
  • The car must not be more than 3 years old.
  • It should not have run more than 35-40K kilometers.
  • The car must have good comfort (especially at the rear) and good ride quality.
  • Running -> Daily 100 kms in and around Delhi.
  • Car will be driven by chauffeur (60%) as well as me (40%).
  • Maintainance should be reasonable not exorbitant.
  • Manual/ Automatic not an issue.
  • Diesel is preferable due to high running.
  • Budget preferably 10 lakhs (MAx to Max 12lakhs since i`ll be changing the car soon).
  • Depreciation should not be too high as i intend to change the car soon.
I request you guys to come up with suggestions and indicative price range of the suggested cars. I leave the floor open to BhPians. Hoping for a great response as always.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:23   #69
Senior - BHPian

I can recommend only one car in the upper Luxury segment ( C / D ) Diesel -

Very Few Diesel sedans in the C/D segment around 10 Lacs.

Skoda laura Diesel ( Getting one between around 10 Lacs should not be a problem ) After Sales is the only issue which some people face but a very popular diesel luxury sedan.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:30   #70
BHPian

Skoda Laura is a great car. The issue is i have heard loads of horror stories about the After sales service which do not inspire too much confidence. As a result i am a little reluctant about Skoda.
Old 7th March 2010, 11:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Guys i have an alternate plan in mind as well.
Since i will definitely need a car in Mid -May, i was thinking if i can go for a second hand D segment diesel car for around 10 lakhs and hold it for a year`s time, till the other pending D- segment cars launch (i.e New Sonata, maybe new Jetta, Kizashi, Renault Fluence etc).

What do you guys suggest?
Looks fair, to me. Since you need the car in May, the decision would be constrained by the available choices. And the current choices are limited or pending upgrades.

Hence a stop gap arrangement looks good. Only downside being the worthiness of used car. Need to be extra careful.
Old 7th March 2010, 11:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this thread. May be the Jetta is getting Common Rail Diesel motor. Worth the wait IMO.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...i-engines.html
Old 7th March 2010, 12:53   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Guys i have an alternate ... the title.
Nice idea. If the car gives you no trouble after 1 year and no car in the market interests you, you can even continue with it. Also, it won't depreciate much.

Accords, Lauras and Corollas are the ones who are available in plenty in the market. There are also some Sonatas but it will not give you a good resale value.
Old 7th March 2010, 15:18   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Nice idea. If the car gives you no trouble after 1 year and no car in the market interests you, you can even continue with it. Also, it won't depreciate much.

Accords, Lauras and Corollas are the ones who are available in plenty in the market. There are also some Sonatas but it will not give you a good resale value.
Yes i have seen lots of Older generation accords doing rounds. Similarly there are lots of older generation Camrys doing rounds in the market.
Another option i could think of is the Santa fe.
Old 7th March 2010, 15:29   #75
BHPian

Guys a few indicative cars just to get started with the discussions
  • Sonata Embera/ Transform
  • Hyundai Tucson
  • Previous generation Honda accord (a bit of concern about fuel efficiency. Owners please update)
  • Previous generation camry (again please update on the realistic fuel efficiency)
  • Newer generation Camry if available in budget (again please update on the realistic fuel efficiency)
  • Previous generation Nissan teana. (again please update on the realistic fuel efficiency)
  • Second hand Jettas if available
  • Toyota corolla / Altis (again please update on the realistic fuel efficiency)
  • Grand Vitara
  • Honda Civic (again please update on the realistic fuel efficiency)
  • Pajero if available
Running would be in and around Delhi around 80- 100kms daily
Would prefer to stay away from Skoda due to horrible after sales service. Guys please feel free to add to this list and please pour in your suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks