Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 15:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend bought 50000 KM run, Honda Accord 2.4 for RS 10 Lacs some 3-4 months ago in Mumbai. This car was owned by his company. it was offered to my friend as a part of job offer.

The car was very well maintained, excellent interiors and had all the records intact.

EDIT : Some of the cars mentioned by you are not available in Diesel varient e.g. Civic, Accord.

I would certainly suggest you need to make up your mind w.r.t. Sedan Vs SUV/MUV, this is the first filter.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 7th March 2010 at 15:49.
Old 7th March 2010, 16:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
One of my friend bought 50000 KM run, Honda Accord 2.4 for RS 10 Lacs some 3-4 months ago in Mumbai. This car was owned by his company. it was offered to my friend as a part of job offer.

The car was very well maintained, excellent interiors and had all the records intact.

EDIT : Some of the cars mentioned by you are not available in Diesel varient e.g. Civic, Accord.

I would certainly suggest you need to make up your mind w.r.t. Sedan Vs SUV/MUV, this is the first filter.
I would prefer a sedan but i am not completely closed to the option of SUVs either.
I am aware that cars like Civic, Camry and accord do not offer diesel engines and thats the reason i have asked for indicative realistic fuel efficiencies. If fuel economies are not disastrously bad (i.e < 7-8) i would not mind going in for these petrol vehicles as well.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:13   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
I would prefer a sedan but i am not completely closed to the option of SUVs either.
I am aware that cars like Civic, Camry and accord do not offer diesel engines and thats the reason i have asked for indicative realistic fuel efficiencies. If fuel economies are not disastrously bad (i.e < 7-8) i would not mind going in for these petrol vehicles as well.
i have an accord v6 and im mumbai traffic i get around 5. in delhi you should get around 6 or even more if drive carefully.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i have an accord v6 and im mumbai traffic i get around 5. in delhi you should get around 6 or even more if drive carefully.
@akshay any idea how much would a non v-6 manual accord give in Delhi traffic?
Old 7th March 2010, 17:35   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@akshay any idea how much would a non v-6 manual accord give in Delhi traffic?
the 2.4 manual would give around 7.5-8 i would think.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:40   #81
BHPian

i feel sonata embera is VFM in second hand market and it is good diesel car too.laura is good too but again there is skoda maintainance!
Old 7th March 2010, 19:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
i feel sonata embera is VFM in second hand market and it is good diesel car too.laura is good too but again there is skoda maintainance!
Yes Sonata embera is a decent buy but i don`t think too many of them would be available. Laura and even the ealier superb are quite good and as much as i would want to go for them, i`d stay away from the skoda.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Trying getting an embera CRDi, maybe you can also search at hyundai's "advantage" used car dealerships.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the 2.4 manual would give around 7.5-8 i would think.
I think any petrol car >1800 cc would NOT give fuel economy >8-9 KMPH

My friend who bought 2.4 Accord was telling in city the car gives ~ 6-7 KMPH and on mumbai-pune express way it fives ~ 10 KMPH.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

How about a AHNC?
1.It will give you good fuel efficiency.
2.There are loads around in the second hand market to choose from.
3.Low depriciation.
4.Ride quality and comfort are good enough.

But i think you mentioned in your previous thread you already own a city(is it?)
The Altis i think then is your best bet.
Old 8th March 2010, 01:06   #86
BHPian

Well, if you need a diesel, it's gotta be a Laura. Magnum and Sonata don't offer great resale values. You can even try for a Octi, but you wouldn't get all the comforts of the above. In the petrol, you get an Accord, Corolla, Civic, etc. Civic has a tad too low seating, so some people don't like it. Check out a Innova V Model with CAPTAIN SEATS. Really very comfortable
Old 8th March 2010, 11:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

In Sedan, as mentioned you have Laura & Sonata.

Laura: I'm sure you are aware of Skoda A$$. If you find good A$$ in Delhi, its easy as you can find many Laura's available in used car market.

Sonata Embera/Tuscon:Most underrated vehicles, but very luxurious with minimal maintenance. Very hard to find one, but its a good deal. Never expect any resale value.

Petrol C&D segments: Are heavy on pocket with the kind of usage you have.

Innova: Sorry for suggesting this. Thought this should be right choice which is more comfortable with good resale value. Good for City drive as well.
3y old top-end V model should be available around 7.5 to 8L.

Note: If you want one, you loose the other.

Many New cars will be launched in market every year, there is not end to it.
What is the budget if you are looking for a new car? Suppose it should be 15L+

Last edited by Ramsagar : 8th March 2010 at 11:16.
Old 8th March 2010, 19:49   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
In Sedan, as mentioned you have Laura & Sonata.

Laura: I'm sure you are aware of Skoda A$$. If you find good A$$ in Delhi, its easy as you can find many Laura's available in used car market.

Sonata Embera/Tuscon:Most underrated vehicles, but very luxurious with minimal maintenance. Very hard to find one, but its a good deal. Never expect any resale value.

Petrol C&D segments: Are heavy on pocket with the kind of usage you have.

Innova: Sorry for suggesting this. Thought this should be right choice which is more comfortable with good resale value. Good for City drive as well.
3y old top-end V model should be available around 7.5 to 8L.

Note: If you want one, you loose the other.

Many New cars will be launched in market every year, there is not end to it.
What is the budget if you are looking for a new car? Suppose it should be 15L+
Hey Ramsagar you do not need to be sorry for any suggestions. Innova is a decent car, but i would need something a bit more (for the lack of a better word) upmarket.

My budget for a new car caps at 20 lakhs.

Another thing i wanted to ask you guys. There are a few low mileage (<30,000kms) Passats available in the used car space for quoted prices of 16-18 lakhs. How do these sound?
Edit: If i spend more than 15 lacs on the second hand car i`m not planning to change it in the near future.
Old 9th March 2010, 08:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another thing i wanted to ask you guys. There are a few low mileage (<30,000kms) Passats available in the used car space for quoted prices of 16-18 lakhs. How do these sound?
Edit: If i spend more than 15 lacs on the second hand car i`m not planning to change it in the near future.
I heard of Passat having few electrical problems. I might be wrong as well.

One of our fellow Bhpian owns. I remember he has clocked around 40K(Not exact fig.) in Passat without any problem. Think he should be able to help you. I don't remember his Handle, should be V-16 or V-12. Guys pls help.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 9th March 2010 at 08:25.
Old 9th March 2010, 21:53   #90
BHPian

Hello guys, Elsewhere at a thread i read that a VW Passat will be launched with the 1.8 TSI engine at 7 lakhs cheaper. Can someone please confirm this. Are price cuts expected for the diesel as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks