Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 21:59   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Hey Ramsagar you do not need to be sorry for any suggestions. Innova is a decent car, but i would need something a bit more (for the lack of a better word) upmarket.

My budget for a new car caps at 20 lakhs.

Another thing i wanted to ask you guys. There are a few low mileage (<30,000kms) Passats available in the used car space for quoted prices of 16-18 lakhs. How do these sound?
Edit: If i spend more than 15 lacs on the second hand car i`m not planning to change it in the near future.
If you are willing to spend 16-18L on a used vehicle then you might as well consider used diesels in Merc C class and BMW 3 series. In Delhi you should be able to get good buys from those around the 16-18L mark. I think there is no point in spending that much amount on a used Passat. That's just my opinion though
Old 9th March 2010, 21:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would prefer a sedan but i am not completely closed to the option of SUVs either.
I am aware that cars like Civic, Camry and accord do not offer diesel engines and thats the reason i have asked for indicative realistic fuel efficiencies. If fuel economies are not disastrously bad (i.e < 7-8) i would not mind going in for these petrol vehicles as well.
In view of your above post you should take a very serious look at the Outlander. Both the outgoing and the incoming models are loaded with all safety & comfort features and I believe the price is around the 20 L mark.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In view of your above post you should take a very serious look at the Outlander. Both the outgoing and the incoming models are loaded with all safety & comfort features and I believe the price is around the 20 L mark.
But I believe the fuel efficiency is very bad. Lesser than even the guzzler CR-V. At least that's what I read in a review in a top car magazine.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:32   #94
Senior - BHPian

@deepakchan

Car magazines will write what others might want us to read. We have a team member who bought one earlier this month so as the saying goes let us get it straight from the horses mouth.

BTW punitkakri who is footing the fuel bill, you or your employer?

Last edited by khoj : 10th March 2010 at 15:34.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Outlander FE

OK guys got a reply to my pm from the member who owns an Outlander and I quote from his message.

"I had used an Outlander earlier for a long drive (test drive vehicle). I did try some offroading also with it and in my 300+ KMs drive (a little sprited driving) it returned 9.75 which I feel was very good.

MIVEC engine are very fuel efficient engines, they have two valve profiles, one for lower RPMs and other for high RPMs. I expect an average of at least 10+ on my regular commute and 12+ on highways."
Unquote

So what say punitkakri? Game on for Outlander!
Old 11th March 2010, 07:09   #96
BHPian

Quote:
@deepakchan

Car magazines will write what others might want us to read. We have a team member who bought one earlier this month so as the saying goes let us get it straight from the horses mouth.

BTW punitkakri who is footing the fuel bill, you or your employer?
Well unfortunately i`ll be footing my own fuel bill.

Quote:
OK guys got a reply to my pm from the member who owns an Outlander and I quote from his message.

"I had used an Outlander earlier for a long drive (test drive vehicle). I did try some offroading also with it and in my 300+ KMs drive (a little sprited driving) it returned 9.75 which I feel was very good.

MIVEC engine are very fuel efficient engines, they have two valve profiles, one for lower RPMs and other for high RPMs. I expect an average of at least 10+ on my regular commute and 12+ on highways."
Unquote

So what say punitkakri? Game on for Outlander!
Well 9.75kms is not bad at all. I`ll check out the Outlander.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:41   #97
Senior - BHPian

Some info on this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...i-engines.html
Old 11th March 2010, 18:48   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well unfortunately i`ll be footing my own fuel bill.

Well 9.75kms is not bad at all. I`ll check out the Outlander.
Impossible that the Outlander, a heavy petrol SUV with an inefficient CVT gearbox, will give 9.75 kpl in urban India. According to our ownership reviews, the best that you can expect is 7 kpl (average 6.8).

Even my relatively light Civic MT will barely manage 9 kpl in Mumbai.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Impossible that the Outlander, a heavy petrol SUV with an inefficient CVT gearbox, will give 9.75 kpl in urban India. According to our ownership reviews, the best that you can expect is 7 kpl (average 6.8).

Even my relatively light Civic MT will barely manage 9 kpl in Mumbai.
Hi GTO,

here is the link from ARAI FE result for Outlander, it mentions 10.30 KMPL. This is combined highway and city (Pune) average as per ARAI norms of testing.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in/p...landerfuel.pdf

I was planning to buy Outlander last year and I did a 300+ KMs drive and got a FE of 9.75 over three days, using a highway/traffic/little offroading combined drive. The method used was, same fuel station, same fuel dispensor.

This may have been due to the fact that new 4B12 MIVEC engine in Outlander not only has variable valve tech but also has some other improvement as mentioned below in Quotes (copied from WIKIPEDIA)

Characteristics
The cylinder head intake and exhaust ports and intake and exhaust manifolds are shape optimized for better volumetric efficiency.

Mitsubishi lowered the friction of the engine by including elastic grinding of the valve stems, adopting a high-efficiency shroud equipped plastic impeller in the water pump and using 0W-20 low-viscosity oil. Mitsubishi increased the combustion efficiency by optimizing the design of the cylinder head intake and exhaust ports, by incorporating the MIVEC system on both intake and exhaust valves and by using injectors that give an ultra micro droplet fuel spray. To lower the engine's weight, Mitsubishi used die-cast aluminium for the cylinder block, plastic for the cylinder head cover and intake manifold, and stainless steel for the exhaust manifold.

The engine features a compact balancer shaft module with an integrated oil pump. A silent chain is used to drive the camshafts. The compact balancer module, the silent chain, the stable combustion yielded by the intake and exhaust MIVEC system, and high rigidity designs for the cylinder head and cylinder block realize low vibration and noise.[1]

UNQUOTE

I will be getting delivery of my new Outlander (2010 manufactured but not facelifted, i like the older look). I will be posting complete review and pictures shortly in a different thread.

My old Lancer Invecs gave me worst average of 9.7 and best average (Mumbai-Delhi) of 11.75 kmpl. In spite of all bad FE stories I heard before buying it.

All said, I agree with you that in Mumbai traffic (I have lived in Navi Mumbai for couple of years) the average should be between 8.5 and 9.5.
Old 11th March 2010, 22:11   #100
Senior - BHPian

@Rishi
Good to see you on the thread. Look forward to your review, I am sure it will help the Outlander move up a few notches on people's opinion & shopping lists.
Old 14th March 2010, 12:50   #101
BHPian

Guys my cousin said there is a huge Rs.4.5 lakh discount offered on the X trail by the Mohali dealer. Can someone please confirm this. If true, it would make the X trail an option seriously worth considering.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys my cousin said there is a huge Rs.4.5 lakh discount offered on the X trail by the Mohali dealer. Can someone please confirm this. If true, it would make the X trail an option seriously worth considering.
Maybe for the 2009 ones. They just launched 2010 versions.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt it whether an individual dealer can offer such a huge discount on his own without any scheme, etc, from Nissan. If it is a company scheme, then it should be applicable to other dealers too. Perhaps, the Mohali dealer wants to get rid of the TD vehicle!
Old 15th March 2010, 18:34   #104
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
here is the link from ARAI FE result for Outlander, it mentions 10.30 KMPL. This is combined highway and city (Pune) average as per ARAI norms of testing.
Rishi, while we can use ARAI numbers for the sake of relativity (i.e. which car is more efficient than the other); in the real world however, discount ARAI stats by 15 - 25%. ARAI tests cars driving at a constant speed on an empty road, a situation that's nearly impossible to replicate in an urban driving style. For instance, the Chevy Cruze gives 18.3 kpl according to ARAI. I can assure you that the Cruze will only manage 11 - 12 kpl (at best) in a city like Bombay.

The Outlander gives 10.3 on the highway (according to averaged stats from 40+ Outlander ownership reviews), that explains how you managed an overall average of 9.75. However, try driving entirely in a metro and then come back to update us.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2010 at 18:39.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
I doubt it whether an individual dealer can offer such a huge discount on his own without any scheme, etc, from Nissan. If it is a company scheme, then it should be applicable to other dealers too. Perhaps, the Mohali dealer wants to get rid of the TD vehicle!
Possibly he may be trying to clear the old stock. I have asked my cousin to visit there and find out. He seems very confident of a discount on the Teana as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks