Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 11:11   #4231
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Will the MF or MFU take care of the STT (0.001%) or do I need to pay it separately myself?
STT is on sale of equity funds, while stamp duty is on purchase. Hence the amount you would have received from the sale of regular funds would have been net of STT and then the stamp duty would have been further deducted during the purchase of direct funds.

You will have to pay capital gains separately though.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:37   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
STT is on sale of equity funds, while stamp duty is on purchase. Hence the amount you would have received from the sale of regular funds would have been net of STT and then the stamp duty would have been further deducted during the purchase of direct funds.

You will have to pay capital gains separately though.
Yes, I see that STT has been deducted by MF AMC in redemption of source scheme units and stamp duty has been deducted before allotting the target scheme units. I will take care of the capital gains in this FY ITR.
Old 5th August 2022, 16:41   #4233
BHPian

CNBC was talking about small case this afternoon. What is the business model and value addition to MFs?
Old 6th August 2022, 11:38   #4234
BHPian

Hello All.
I have been using Zerodha for mutual funds SIP. I have been using mandates for automatic payment. However, since July 1, SEBI has disallowed the use of funds in trading account for investing in mutual funds. And we have to transfer funds for MF directly from our bank account to ICCL. For the past two months, I am paying the SIP amount manually. Is there any way to automate the payments?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th August 2022, 06:00   #4235
BHPian

Guys, mfcentral.com is my go to site to have a consolidated view of all my MF. However I am now seeing that one by one the fund houses are moving out of mfcentral. Is there any other site which shows a consolidated view ??
Old 7th August 2022, 06:14   #4236

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Guys, mfcentral.com is my go to site to have a consolidated view of all my MF. However I am now seeing that one by one the fund houses are moving out of mfcentral. Is there any other site which shows a consolidated view ??
Try valueresearch.com. there you can add your holdings and see a consolidated view. ETFs cannot be tracked though.
Old 7th August 2022, 06:32   #4237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuskm View Post
Try valueresearch.com. there you can add your holdings and see a consolidated view. ETFs cannot be tracked though.

In Value Research you need to manually setup your SIP details once and for adhoc contribution you need to make manual entries every time how ever with mfcentral this not the case. It pulls the data from all the fund houses and you get a consolidated view
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 12:46   #4238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Open an account with MFU. On the otherhand, you can get a MF CAS from CAMS whenever required.
Old 8th August 2022, 11:07   #4239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Any idea when the balance money of Franklin Templeton Funds would be paid? No intimation and the money would be handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I had raised this on numerous occassion whenever I receive the marketing calls from Franklin. Last I was told that SBI has the money but is yet to disburse it. One time they said they are still in the process of liquidation of the assets. Everytime I receive a call from Franklin for buying any MF, I tell them to redeem the existing units first. Still no luck.
Got a mail from Franklin today:
quote:

This has reference to your investment in Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund* (FIUBF).

Further to the eight tranches of distribution in FIUBF, we are pleased to inform you that SBI Funds Management Pvt. Ltd. (SBI MF) would be distributing the last tranche of INR 297.43 crores to unitholders. This will be paid by extinguishing all the balance units at the NAV dated 7 August 2022. As advised by the court appointed liquidator (SBI MF), the payment to all investors whose accounts are KYC compliant with all details available will commence from 10 August 2022. The amount to be paid to unitholders of FIUBF will be calculated as per the below table:

Cash available for disbursement as on 7 August 2022^

INR 297.43 crores

Amount to be distributed as a % of AUM as of 7 August 2022

100.00%

^NRI investors will receive their payment after deduction of TDS

The amount payable to you will be 100% (as shown in the table above) of your portfolio value, prior to extinguishment of units, as of 7 August 2022. Accordingly, all your outstanding units will be extinguished as per your respective NAV as on 7 August 2022. The plan level NAVs are tabulated below.
Old 30th August 2022, 16:04   #4240
Senior - BHPian

Experts - need your views on the query below.

I recently sold off a property in Mumbai, however post the Capital gain/loss calculations found out that I have incurred a Capital loss which means I dont need to invest the corpus in a Capital Gains account scheme. My CA advised that the corpus can be invested in equity or in FD's. Presently the corpus is in FD's for a period of 3 months (2 months completed) post which I intend to invest in Mutual funds. Request suggestions on which category of MF's should the investment be done and any recommended funds. The investment horizon is max 2 yrs since the corpus will be again invested in real estate only just that right now I don't have the time to research the options.
Old 30th August 2022, 16:53   #4241
BHPian

Quote:

I recently sold off a property in Mumbai, however post the Capital gain/loss calculations found out that I have incurred a Capital loss which means I dont need to invest the corpus in a Capital Gains account scheme. My CA advised that the corpus can be invested in equity or in FD's. Presently the corpus is in FD's for a period of 3 months (2 months completed) post which I intend to invest in Mutual funds. Request suggestions on which category of MF's should the investment be done and any recommended funds. The investment horizon is max 2 yrs since the corpus will be again invested in real estate only just that right now I don't have the time to research the options.
I would recommend DSP World commodities fund.
Two reasons..
Commodities prices are at ultra low and are not sustainable at this levels + Fertilizer shortages etc, so they have to go up.
As this is a world fund, the investments are in USD, so in case of rupee depreciation, you would be better off with this.

Again, Mutual funds investments are subject to markets risks. Please dont blame me if it goes otherway.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:16   #4242
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Two years is a very short period for parking funds. Stick to FD's which will keep the capital secure. If you want to go the mutual fund route, maybe liquid fund (slightly more riskier than FD) would be the only choice. Everything else will carry risk for this short a period.
bharanidharang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 11:27   #4243
BHPian

A very relevant article from Freefincal on Active vs Passive MF investments.

Quote:
Only 42 out of 260 equity mutual funds consistently outperformed the Nifty 50!
And the conclusion at the end:

Quote:
These results again indicate the difficulty of actively managed funds beating a flagship index. We urge young earners to invest in index mutual funds and not repeat the mistakes of older investors like me
Wise words indeed. I can relate to the author. Over the years, chasing the 'best' fund has only increased the expenses and taxes paid .

I wish the government makes fund switches, within the same category, as tax-free.
DigitalOne is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 11:45   #4244
BHPian

I am diligently following his articles on freefincal for many months now. It's a different approach compared to my past thinking of identifying the funds with the most returns, highest rating etc.

Have a big task of fund consolidation, reducing categories invested in and redo portfolio to better align with the future goals.

I'm using MFU for investments and redemptions. I find it simple and one place to track all MF investments with zero cost and no unnecessary data collection to sell me more services etc.
vijaykr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 19:56   #4245
BHPian

To those using MFU for their MF investments - What is to be done by the Nominee in the event of death of an investor holding investments in a CAN?

Is there an option / process for the Nominee to transfer the holdings to the Nominee's CAN?

Are all holdings in the deceased holder's account to be compulsorily redeemed irrespective of whether in profit or loss?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks