Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2023, 11:37   #4381
BHPian

Re: MFCentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Once a strong supporter and admirer of MFU, I am now totally fed up of them and will be moving elsewhere.
Fully agree with you, I am also in same boat. MFU is focusing towards MFD's and not towards retail users.

I don't want to transact at multiple MF websites which itself is a pain.

1) MF Central does portfolio value limit (not sure why they still have it) and no transaction possible above this limit
2) MFU - not user friendly, no good analysis of invested/current value etc
3) Cams/Karvy website - I will need to try this
4) Other websites like Kuvera, ETMONEY etc. I have not used them till now but might need to evaluate other options
Old 7th April 2023, 12:17   #4382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
4) Other websites like Kuvera, ETMONEY etc. I have not used them till now but might need to evaluate other options
I use Groww, it's pretty good.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 12:40   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
1) MF Central does portfolio value limit (not sure why they still have it) and no transaction possible above this limit
Yes that is ridiculous and hopefully it will improve. But you can use MFU for those odd clerical jobs and use MFC for transactions.

MFU has strived hard to reduce its own worth to be good for only these jobs!

Quote:
2) MFU - not user friendly, no good analysis of invested/current value etc
Newly acquired hostile attitude towards retail investors.

Quote:
3) Cams/Karvy website - I will need to try this
There is 'mycams' by CAMS. But you'll find some similiarites between 'mycams' and MFC. CAMS is one of the creators of MFC and may be they focused more on the latter than investing further in mycams. As such, in my experinece, mycams runs into issues and possibly they don't want to fix much in that due to investment in MFC.

Quote:
4) Other websites like Kuvera, ETMONEY etc. I have not used them till now but might need to evaluate other
options
I am a bit conservative about sites that thrive on your data. But as a platform Kuvera looked good to me. Its website is very fast. I'd stick to MFC for now, unless it starts disappointing.

Last edited by mayuresh : 7th April 2023 at 12:41.
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 07:10   #4384
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Is anyone receiving sms/email on folios that you don't hold?

I have received SMS on an HSBS folio. I don't own or remember investing with HSBC anytime.
Today I received an SMS on redemption UTI Flexi cap fund redemption. I own this, but the folio mentioned in SMS was wrong and to cross-check, I verified the transaction history on the UTI website. There is no redemption in history.
Old 13th May 2023, 10:28   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post

I have received SMS on an HSBS folio. I don't own or remember investing with HSBC anytime...
While receiving notifications for folios you don't hold is odd, would point out that L&T Mutual Fund merged with HSBC a couple of months back (that however did not update the folio numbers).
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 18:57   #4386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Now it's the turn of 2FA authentication that came into force from 01 Apr. SEBI order has clearly exempted "SIPs and mandates" from having to take 2FA ON the day of execution. For these orders, 2FA can be taken on the day of placing an order. MFU has once again messed this up by mandating investor to go and approve every future dated order on the day of execution, totally defeating the purpose of scheduling the orders. They have completely disregarded the leeway SEBI order has given and done what their IT staff felt was easy to program. And on complaining the standard skin-saving defense they talk is "look SEBI order..."
Could you please verify your observations on 2FA requirement for SIPs? I have a couple of SIPs registered on MFU and I have found no changes since 1st April. SIP amounts are getting debited from my bank account on time and getting reflected in my account accordingly. This has also been verified with eCAS for the month of April.
Regards
Sravan
Old 13th May 2023, 19:31   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
I have a couple of SIPs registered on MFU and I have found no changes since 1st April.
SIPs work. My observations are about "scheduled purchase", not SIP.
Old 6th June 2023, 15:47   #4388
BHPian

Hi - just wanted to check if there is a good website to compare different ETFs available for investment. Query is more with respect to ETFs investing in offshore funds/tracking foreign index. I have been looking for it online, but haven't come across any credible website wherein I compare various product offering, which results in going through website of different AMCs. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th June 2023, 08:58   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post

I have received SMS on an HSBS folio. I don't own or remember investing with HSBC anytime.
Today I received an SMS on redemption UTI Flexi cap fund redemption. I own this, but the folio mentioned in SMS was wrong and to cross-check, I verified the transaction history on the UTI website. There is no redemption in history.
I occasionally receive sms from Nippon Mutual Fund, had held it once in the past, still getting sms + email updates about the scheme.

For the UTI Redemption, someone must have mentioned in wrong mobile number while subscribing to the fund.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 08:43   #4390
BANNED

Can someone help me with Equity Mutual Fund Long Term Capital Gains calculation considering both Indexation & 31/1/2018 Grandfather calculations.

I have some really old UTI Nifty Index Funds I have purchased - it's the first stock market investment I really made.

This is what I get from the UTI capital gains statement

- Purchased in Dec 2008 - 155 units - Purchase amount 2650 Rs. Grandfathered cost on 31/1/2018 is 11,000 Rs.
- Sold on Jun 2023 - Sell amount - 19,550 Rs.

The capital gains statement from UTI shows Capital Gains as

- Indexed Cost - Rs. 0
- Long Term with Index - Rs. 0
- Long Term without Index - Rs. 8500

I don't understand how indexed cost is Rs. 0

Am I really liable for Rs. 0 capital gains here or are they saying that I need to calculate it myself?
Old 9th July 2023, 09:45   #4391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Can someone help me with Equity Mutual Fund Long Term Capital Gains calculation considering both Indexation & 31/1/2018 Grandfather calculations.

- Purchased in Dec 2008 - 155 units - Purchase amount 2650 Rs. Grandfathered cost on 31/1/2018 is 11,000 Rs.
- Sold on Jun 2023 - Sell amount - 19,550 Rs.

The capital gains statement from UTI shows Capital Gains as

- Indexed Cost - Rs. 0
- Long Term with Index - Rs. 0
- Long Term without Index - Rs. 8500
There’s no indexation benefit on equity LTCG.
So you pay zero tax on grandfathered gain, and 10% (+cess as applicable) on the gains thereafter.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 10:54   #4392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
There’s no indexation benefit on equity LTCG.
So you pay zero tax on grandfathered gain, and 10% (+cess as applicable) on the gains thereafter.
So the capital gains would be

Grandfathered cost 11,000 Rs - Purchase amount 2650 Rs.

And then I total capital gains from all different sales & the first 1 lakh would be exempt in the total, right?
Old 9th July 2023, 11:15   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So the capital gains would be

Grandfathered cost 11,000 Rs - Purchase amount 2650 Rs.
Capital gain would be
Sell amount 19500 - grandfathered amount 11000= 8500 (same as shown in MF capital gains statement).

Quote:
And then I total capital gains from all different sales & the first 1 lakh would be exempt in the total, right?
Yes, would be exempt.

Do note that the gains would still need to be reported in ITR-2
DaptChatterjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 07:41   #4394
BHPian

Can some experts comment whether 'HDFC Retirement Savings-Equity' fund is a good long term MF to invest via SIP? It has performed consistently and ranked top within the category. No Exit load. However, a high lock-in period of 5 years. I am bit skeptical about funds with longer lock-ins. Pressure to perform may not be much on Fund managers.
kshastry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 09:14   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Can some experts comment whether 'HDFC Retirement Savings-Equity' fund is a good long term MF to invest via SIP? It has performed consistently and ranked top within the category.
Indeed, it seems to be performing marginally better than the other funds in the Hybrid-Aggressive category, probably because of a higher equity allocation. You may invest in it if you are comfortable with the lock-in period. But keep in mind the name "Retirement Savings" is just a marketing gimmick to get around the rule that an AMC should have only one fund per category. There is nothing unique about this fund amongst the Hy-Agg category (apart from the lock in period).
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks