Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2022, 17:46   #4261
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
While on the topic of index funds, wanted to check the thoughts of seasoned investors on this thread. Does fund house matter when it comes to index funds? I understand the returns vary very slightly due to tracking error among different schemes so we can ignore it but still I see the fund size vary hugely among index funds (not referring ETF here).
In theory there is no difference. Just stick to big names as the margin of error is minimal.
Old 15th October 2022, 08:14   #4262
BHPian

Guys need a suggestion.

I am using CAMS to track all my funds but it does not show details of Nippon AMC. Please suggest an App which can show a consolidated view of all my investments from all AMCs. I dont do shares. Only Mutual Funds.

Also is it better to invest in a fund directly or is fund of funds a good option.

My query is: I want to invest in HDFC Silver ETF. However there is an NFO for HDFC silver FOF which invest 95% in HDFC Silver ETF and 5% in Other Caps.

Is it better to invest in FOF or a Fund?
Old 15th October 2022, 09:07   #4263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
I am using CAMS to track all my funds but it does not show details of Nippon AMC. Please suggest an App which can show a consolidated view of all my investments from all AMCs. I dont do shares. Only Mutual Funds.
MFUtility consolidates the investments across all fund houses.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 09:16   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
My query is: I want to invest in HDFC Silver ETF. However there is an NFO for HDFC silver FOF which invest 95% in HDFC Silver ETF and 5% in Other Caps.

If 95% is going to be invested in 1 ETF, then the balance 5% across other schemes would not make any significant difference. Note that the FOF would have higher expenses due to the fact that the expenses of the FOF as well as the underlying funds are incurred.

If you are clear on investing in 1 fund only, then invest in that directly.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 09:19   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need a suggestion.
I would suggest using MFCentral and MFU.
But, beyond the unintutive UI of MFU and MFCentral, they provide all the required functionalities.
Consolidation of folios etc are directly supported.

The fintech apps like Kuvera provide better UI, however, the mode of holdings need to change to demat.

Quote:
Also is it better to invest in a fund directly or is fund of funds a good option.
I suppose the only difference would be the expense ratios, do check on that.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 12:23   #4266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Slightly higher expense ratio in the FOF is given. To invest in ETF, you, of course, need a DEMAT account. In case, you don't invest in shares and need to get the DEMAT account just for investing in this ETF, then the expense related to the DEMAT account will be significantly more than the extra expense of FOF. And more importantly, you don't need to worry about the liquidity while buying or selling the FOF as the AMC will handle that. In case of ETF, you need to have liquidity or buyers (or sellers) for the trade to go through.
Old 15th October 2022, 12:33   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
MFUtility consolidates the investments across all fund houses.
In my case the purchases I made on Navi (via Kuvera) and PPFAS (directly from the fund house) do not appear under the holdings.
The same appears in the MFCentral.

I do not know if this is an issue only for me or a general issue. Have not followed up with MFU since I have switched over to MFCentral.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 20:22   #4268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
In my case the purchases I made on Navi (via Kuvera) and PPFAS (directly from the fund house) do not appear under the holdings
Your MFU’s CAN number must be missing from those particular folios. If you raise tickets online to map CAN by specifying folio#, MFU will route the requests to fund houses, and folios will appear in MFU dashboard within a day or two.
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 21:55   #4269
BHPian

Quote:
But, beyond the unintutive UI of MFU and MFCentral, they provide all the required functionalities.
Consolidation of folios etc are directly supported.
I tried to consolidate my folios (within same fund-house) via complaint mode on MFU, but didn't go through as the AMC wanted paper application. Is there a easier way via the web interface of MFU to consolidate folios?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th October 2022 at 11:23. Reason: Typos
Old 16th October 2022, 05:05   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I tried to consolidate my folios (within same fund-house) via complaint mode on MFU, but didn't go thru as the AMC wanted paper application. Is there a easierr way via the web interface of MFU to consolidate folios?
I would strongly suggest follow through with the MF house with a paper application. Cannot be done online. I tried it unsuccessfully for ICICI and HDFC but didn't go through. Finally put in a paper application.

Good thing is that you need not visit them in person to do that. Simply courier the application. Alternatively, call the branch near you and they might send someone to pick the documents from your home.
Old 16th October 2022, 08:09   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
I tried to consolidate my folios (within same fund-house) via complaint mode on MFU, but didn't go thru as the AMC wanted paper application. Is there a easierr way via the web interface of MFU to consolidate folios?
Mfcentral.com will accept online requests through their portal. Mfu is not possible to do online yet.
Old 16th October 2022, 08:56   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Your MFU’s CAN number must be missing from those particular folios. If you raise tickets online to map CAN by specifying folio#, MFU will route the requests to fund houses, and folios will appear in MFU dashboard within a day or two.
Thanks for the hint, i have written to the fund house.
Does this mean that MFCentral aggregates on PAN while MFU uses the CAN number?

Now, I have now switched over to MFCentral entirely since it covers most of my current needs. Only drawback i see was it has the option to set up a STP, but it never worked for me, have set them up directly with the fund house.

Quote:
I did the consolidation using MFCentral. Do note that ALL details of the holdings have to match (PAN, Name, bank account).
I was able to consolidate most of the different folios that got created over the years. Barring one, where there is a variation in my name (Full name in one folio, name with initials in another), this was rejected for online consolidation. This needs a paper processing with the fund house.
services available in MFCentral
The Mutual Funds Thread-mfcenrtral.png
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 09:20   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
In my case the purchases I made on Navi (via Kuvera) and PPFAS (directly from the fund house) do not appear under the holdings.
The same appears in the MFCentral.

I do not know if this is an issue only for me or a general issue. Have not followed up with MFU since I have switched over to MFCentral.
I have the same issue. I created CAN number in MFU and was purchasing directly in PPFAS and Canara robeco. Neither of them appeared in MFU. I didn't know what to do and no longer login to it. And you are right about the UI. It is not user friendly. How is your experience with MFcentral? Do I have to again go through creating CAN and KYC etc. or can I sign up with PAN card online?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th October 2022 at 11:22. Reason: Typos
Old 16th October 2022, 10:20   #4274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
..Do I have again go through creating CAN and KYC etc or can sign up with Pan card online?
Signup was very straightforward. IIRC, the signup was based on PAN and validated via linked mobile OTP (don't exactly recollect if validation was via Adhaar or the PAN).
Took me a few minutes to set it up.

Their workflows seem to be based on the PAN, and all folios appearing in the CAS get listed under the portfolio automatically.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th October 2022 at 11:21. Reason: Typos
Old 16th October 2022, 10:26   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I created CAN number in MFU and was purchasing directly in PPFAS and Canara robeco. Neither of them appeared in MFU.
Within one or 2 days post transaction done directly with AMC, I could see the holdings/changes reflected in homepage of MFU. You can raise a complaint on MFU to rescan the holdings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks