Old 10th May 2019, 15:11   #2431
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
You can start off with the following

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/..._medium=vro.in

https://www.amfiindia.com/investor-c...tual-fund.html

There are a number of blogs online in addition which should help you get started. Once you have the basics then you should decide what variant of the product works for you. Its best not to start with a variant (ELSS) in mind even before you understand the product (MF)

Go through this thread as well, its fairly educative

Thank you. Will go through this and also read the full thread
Old 11th May 2019, 13:29   #2432
Senior - BHPian

I am totally new to this game. Has anyone used paisabazaar.com do to investment for Mutual Funds? Are they good and reliable and provide trouble free service? I just did a kyc through wats app and waiting confirmation for same. Shall I go ahead investing through them or hold my horses.
Old 11th May 2019, 14:17   #2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am totally new to this game. Has anyone used paisabazaar.com do to investment for Mutual Funds? Are they good and reliable and provide trouble free service? I just did a kyc through wats app and waiting confirmation for same. Shall I go ahead investing through them or hold my horses.
My advice is to go with the direct plans from the AMC website only and avoid all these middle agents for better returns. I am doing the same, and I am pretty happy with it.
Old 11th May 2019, 16:43   #2434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
My advice is to go with the direct plans from the AMC website only
Or use MFUtility. I just created an MFUtility account last week. It was a breeze.
Old 12th May 2019, 10:16   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
My advice is to go with the direct plans from the AMC website only and avoid all these middle agents for better returns. I am doing the same, and I am pretty happy with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Net net, this portfolio should offer 8% per annum helping you reach your 10L goal.
The Mutual Funds Thread-pb.png

They seem to offer direct investment too. Is it advisable to switch? I am not sure if there is any charge for their services as of now. I have started an SIP for Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Direct-Growth for tax benefits.

@Smartcat will the funds mentioned by you have two-three options eg SBI Magnum Gilt Fund has growth and another is Dividend quartely. So which one is the better. Also what do you think about paisabazar?

I got my KYC done (status is in progress) sitting at home via pasiabazar.com. They asked to send pics of Pan, Adhaar, signature as per adhaar and a 10 second video of me holding the Pan. Again I am total new to this Mutual Fund thing with me akin to a newbie driver who has just sat behind the steering wheel for the first time so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks all
Old 12th May 2019, 10:43   #2436
BANNED

Quote:
They seem to offer direct investment too. Is it advisable to switch?

Switching from a regular plan to a direct plan is essentially selling the old one & buying the new one. So you should be aware of tax repercussions, if any.
Old 12th May 2019, 13:08   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my KYC done (status is in progress) sitting at home via pasiabazar.com. They asked to send pics of Pan, Adhaar, signature as per adhaar and a 10 second video of me holding the Pan.
I think that is the e-KYC you have done, for which you will not be able to invest more than 50,000/- a year in a fund. Submit the completely filled CKYC Form duly signed along with relevant documentary proof and In-Person Verification (IPV), so as to enable you to invest more than Rs. 50,000/- at an investor service centre of the fund house or a CAMS or Karvy centre near you.
Old 12th May 2019, 16:09   #2438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Smartcat will the funds mentioned by you have two-three options eg SBI Magnum Gilt Fund has growth and another is Dividend quartely. So which one is the better. Also what do you think about paisabazar?
- Always pick the Growth option. It is tax friendly.
- No clue about paisabazaar
Old 13th May 2019, 09:25   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Switching from a regular plan to a direct plan is essentially selling the old one & buying the new one. So you should be aware of tax repercussions, if any.
I just called up their call centre, as per their executive it is a Direct plan which I have enrolled for as all mutual fund investments with PaisaBazar from 2018 or 2019 have been enrolled as direct funds. The above option pic which I had posted is for existing customers who had invested in regular funds and have now been given the option to enroll into a direct fund.
Old 13th May 2019, 17:54   #2440

Quote:

In a follow-on reply, you have mentioned that paisabazaar provides access to direct plans. If so, the platform can be considered.

I used to mention that having only regular plans should be a red flag for the online platforms. I am now adding another one - not having access to most, if not all, the AMCs. I hear comments about how AMCs and platforms have developed something like a carrying fee. In retail, brands often pay the shop to carry their items. Something similar is creeping up in the direct plans space.
srsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 21:09   #2441
BHPian

Friends,
Need some advice. Have lumpsum of 5 lakhs and would like to invest in MFs. Am 40+ and would like to generate retirement corpus. Closely going through articles on Valueresearch.

Below are my plan to diversify. Equity Funds - 50%, Debt Funds - 50%

Since am first time investor, thinking if i should go for Regular through AMC for few months and then switch to direct. Also, how do we finalize which AMC should an investor opt for. So much of info on net and but needs lot of research to finalize.

What are views on MF Utilities/Kuvera for MF?

Sorry if the questions are repeated. Going through the pages to get more info.
Old 13th May 2019, 21:45   #2442
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Since am first time investor, thinking if i should go for Regular through AMC for few months and then switch to direct.
That would have tax implications - there is really no such thing as switching for tax purposes - it's treated as a sale & a fresh buy.

That aside, why would you want to go through regular first & then switch to direct?

Quote:
MF Utilities is supposed to be quite good & seamless. I registered last week. Registration was a breeze because I qualified for the fully electronic thing - it took like a few hours to get verified.

I would suggested going through MF Utility (though you may not be eligible for fully electronic registration) over buying regular.
Old 14th May 2019, 06:25   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Below are my plan to diversify. Equity Funds - 50%, Debt Funds - 50%
You can do lumpsum investment in Debt funds. However, for Equity funds, stagger the investment over a period of time. You can think of SIP or even STP.
Quote:
Since am first time investor, thinking if i should go for Regular through AMC for few months and then switch to direct.
Why start with Regular? Go with Direct from the start
Quote:
Also, how do we finalize which AMC should an investor opt for.
You could look at 15 largest AMC in ValueResearchOnline or you can select funds based on their performance and not worry about their AMC.
Quote:
These intermediaries are a convenience for investing in different AMC from one site. As long as they allow you to invest in Direct schemes of AMC without charging a fee, you are good. Consider coin from Zerodha too. But I prefer directly investing with AMC through their own online sites.
Old 14th May 2019, 12:12   #2444
BHPian

Thanks @simhi and @carboy. First i need to complete KYC with the ISC. As per Karvy contact, it takes 15 working days. STP seems to be interesting.
Old 14th May 2019, 13:26   #2445
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks @simhi and @carboy. First i need to complete KYC with the ISC. As per Karvy contact, it takes 15 working days. STP seems to be interesting.
You should do the KYC with MFU (https://www.mfuindia.com/CANOptions) - then you can invest with any Mutual Fund direct plan from MFU's website without doing separate KYC for each AMC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks